i thought that this was a good article worth reading...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 am
Murphy isn't the inside force that Ike is, I agree... but I'd hardly say he's a bad PF. In fact, like the article says, a ton of teams think that he's a helluva bargain for his contract. A 15 and 10 machine isn't bad.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:58 am
#32 wrote:Murphy isn't the inside force that Ike is, I agree... but I'd hardly say he's a bad PF. In fact, like the article says, a ton of teams think that he's a helluva bargain for his contract. A 15 and 10 machine isn't bad.

yeah, I suppose that if 17-12 is a superstar than 15-10 is an allstat :roll:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:06 pm
Murphy isn't the inside force that Ike is, I agree... but I'd hardly say he's a bad PF. In fact, like the article says, a ton of teams think that he's a helluva bargain for his contract. A 15 and 10 machine isn't bad.

Bargain?. He'd be a bargain for what Fisher makes, but his contract more than doubles that.

His contract is the only reason there are only mild interest in him. Other teams want him, but not at those numbers.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 pm
His numbers are all a matter of attempts per night.

Richardson averaged 19 shots a night (and averages 23.2). Baron averages 16 (and gets 17.9). Murphy only shoots 11 times a night and still scores 14 points (along with his real asset: his 10+ rebounds per game).

Teams look at that sort of stuff. You gotta believe they take it into consideration. With more touches (say, 15 or 16 a night in a second-gun role), he's capable of 18 and 12. People like dIsEaSe seem to think 18 and 12 grows on trees, but the truth is there aren't too many guys in the league capable of doing it. Murphy's talent, like him or not.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:20 pm
Murphy is production at its unexciting best! He gets it done and that will bring interest from alot of teams. He gets paid a fair bit but there are many players that get paid as much or more that don't produce as much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:31 am
90% of the Warrior's trade calls regard Murphy. There's no shortage of takers for him. Mullin will move him this summer... it's just about finding the best players in return.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:42 pm
I reckon that what Mullin is thinking, and it is not a bad thought at all, is that Murphy could play some Center alongside Diogu. Murphy is not much of a defender but Biedrins has alot of offensive shortcomings right now and he may not be starting material in Mullin's eyes. A rotation using Murphy sparingly at Center, with Biedrins and O'bryant might be what Mullin is looking at. Foyle could really be the one that Mullin looks to move but ofcourse, his contract will make that very difficult.

Murphy is not a bad player and looks like Mullin is very attched to him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:54 am
I wouldn't say Mullin's attached to him at all. Troy Murphy's on the way out.

Besides, playing him at center just wouldn't work. He can't block shots AT ALL. Offensively? We'd probably be fine. But defensively? It would cripple us inside.
Previous

Return to News Articles