W's trade rumors for AI

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:56 am
Warriors Also Pursuing Iverson?
27th June, 2006 - 11:35 am
"Dallas Morning News - Several general managers told David Moore on Monday that they are convinced both the Warriors and Celtics are actively pursuing Allen Iverson.

Iverson has been mentioned in trade scenarios sending him to Atlanta and Boston over the past few weeks."

Mullin and Co. will really mess up the team's chemistry if we do go for AI.If you thought Arenas shot the ball alot. Just wait till you hear other W's players shot complaining about not getting enough shots!.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:57 am
Why does AI keep that rep?. That was the old Iverson, who was Larry Browns' idea of AI, but during the last two season (the only two he has played PG) he has had averages of 7.9 and 7.4 apg. There are only NINE players in the whole NBA over 7 apg this past season. And even his shooting % has gone up...

I guess that once you get a rep, you're stuck with it no matter what you do.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:38 am
basically. but his assists are like starburies, he dominates the ball so much he's bound to get some assists. As long as we don't have to move jrich or both monta and ike I'm cool with it
ImageImage
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:48 am
Anonymous wrote:Warriors Also Pursuing Iverson?
27th June, 2006 - 11:35 am
"Dallas Morning News - Several general managers told David Moore on Monday that they are convinced both the Warriors and Celtics are actively pursuing Allen Iverson.

Iverson has been mentioned in trade scenarios sending him to Atlanta and Boston over the past few weeks."

Mullin and Co. will really mess up the team's chemistry if we do go for AI.If you thought Arenas shot the ball alot. Just wait till you hear other W's players shot complaining about not getting enough shots!.

gotta link for that rumor?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Go to realgm.com

Bringing AI won't help either J-Rich or Monta remember Stackhouse in his prime was never able to get enough shots that also cause him to be moved out of Philly!. AI2 is also a great talent but hasn't been able to get enough touches in Philly. This is the reason why we have Fantasy Leagues and don't allow fans to be GM's.

Believe me if we trade for AI, don't expect him to play well with JRich.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:56 pm
Who are we giving up for AI?
He is a winner and he plays through injuries.
I would trade Baron and Murph in a second for him.
J-Rich would play well with him cause they would be winning.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:24 pm
I still think it would be a mistake getting Iverson for the team. Stick with PGs that are around the 23 - 27 age, goes with the rest of the team. Brevin Kight to me, with his assists and steals, is a very good prospect at PG. If Mullin could get him it would be worth it

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:27 pm
brevin knight puts up good stats on a bad team. I'm not sure if I'd trade pietrus for him, let alone baron. I'd love to get andre miller though
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:06 am
I'd love to get andre miller though

Yep. Miller has been one of my faves since he entered the league. I'd love to get him. And he's a real pg, not like most of these trade options.

And I think he could be attainable, although expensive. Denver is trying to trade K-Mart, so maybe a trade of Baron & Pietrus for Miller & K-Mart would be enough... I just don't know if I want Miller that much. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:06 am
I'd prefer Miller but just don't know whether the Nugs would want to trade him because he has been very good since he has been there

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:31 am
That's why a suggested a package taking over K-Mart's contract. They seem desperate to get rid of it. I don't think they would agree to any other kind of trade.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:32 pm
baron and murphy for miller and k-mart

miller/fisher
richardson/ellis
dunleavy/pietrus
martin/diogu
dre/o'bryant

lol i know its nuts but im just throwing it out there.

why for the dubs. miller is a better defender than baron, and not so quick to pull the trigger, k mart also adds toughness and defensive mentality, rebounding, and a little semblence of inside presence.

think of this defensive tenacious lineup

miller
ellis
pietrus
martin
dre

dam now thats what im talking about. let ellis shoot all day long :)
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm
well you can forget about acquiring iverson. the trade is leaning more towards boston.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:32 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:baron and murphy for miller and k-mart

miller/fisher
richardson/ellis
dunleavy/pietrus
martin/diogu
dre/o'bryant

lol i know its nuts but im just throwing it out there.

why for the dubs. miller is a better defender than baron, and not so quick to pull the trigger, k mart also adds toughness and defensive mentality, rebounding, and a little semblence of inside presence.

think of this defensive tenacious lineup

miller
ellis
pietrus
martin
dre

dam now thats what im talking about. let ellis shoot all day long :)

I reckon the Warriors lose out in this trade. Reseaons are that Baron, though injured for a good third of a season, is as capable a passer as Miller, not as good defender but does have an outside shot and is slightly more of a scorer. Yes, I'd rather have Miller right now but it is the next thing that makes this deal a negative - KMART IS CRAP! and he is injured more than what Baron is! Murphy needs to go but not for another PF and one that is paid more and injured a heck of a lot!

Something like Baron for Miller and Ruben Patterson, who is an expirer. Not sure whether the Nugs would do that but there isn't anyone else in the Nuggets who I like and

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 am
7n8419v]
7n8419v]well you can forget about acquiring iverson. the trade is leaning more towards boston.[/quote:37n8419v]

Where did you hear such rumours????[/quote:37n8419v]

It's all over the net. Any news page you look, it's sure to have it somewhere...

Apparently, they need a third team, and Boston may be willing to part with Al Jefferson so, who knows
Next

Return to Trades