ESPN GSW Trades (Lamar, Boozer, & Chandler)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which trade do you like best?

Murphy, Dunleavy, & the #9 to LA for Odom & McKie
63%
Murphy, Pietrus, & the #9 to CHI for Chandler & the #16
5%
Murphy & Pietrus to UTA for Boozer
11%
None! These trades are jokes!
21%

Total votes : 19

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:17 pm
Golden State Warriors

They are one of the most active teams in trade talks at the moment. The team they put together didn't gel, and the Warriors need to make some serious changes.

It appears that Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and the No. 9 pick are the assets they're looking to move. However, considering the big contracts of Dunleavy and Murphy, they may have to include a young prospect like Andris Biedrins or Mickael Pietrus.

One rumored deal has the Warriors trading Dunleavy, Murphy and the No. 9 pick to the Lakers for Lamar Odom and Aaron McKie.

Another has the Warriors sending Pietrus, Murphy and the No. 9 to the Bulls for Tyson Chandler and the No. 16.

Utah could be another trading partner. A deal that would send Pietrus and Murphy to Utah for Carlos Boozer has been rumored since February.

Personally, I'd only go for the Lamar Odom idea. It moves two of our bigger contracts and gives us an awesome SF-PF who can do it all. Screw the #9 pick (there'll be no one as good as Odom that far down the line). I'd love to see this trade happen.

The Chandler trade is a joke. I wouldn't trade Murphy for him straight up (let alone with us sweetening the pot). Same with the Boozer idea.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:04 pm
The Odom trade is by far the best. Odom and Ike as a front line is a good match up, as their strengths and weaknesses play off each other.

The other two would put us in contract purgatory, although getting a mid 1st rounder is something that could be looked at more carefully. I just get the feeling that one of the top 10 in this draft will slip to 15ish and we could get a top 10 guy at 15. I am thinking either Carney, O'Bryant or Williams may be the candidate.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:11 pm
odom is very talented, but dont think he'll ever be waht everyone thought. i think baron davis could make him a better player. certainly id rather have him than murphy and dunleavy, get rid of 2 birds with 1 stone.

davis
richardson
odom
diogu
biedrins

not a bad looking starting unit. probablem is 4 out of 5 arent that good of free throw shooters with the exception of ike
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:24 am
I like Tyson Chandler, but he's way overpaid...

Obviously, Odom's trade is the best of the proposed, and it would solve our needs at everything except center. Odom starting at 3, Ike at 4... Maybe even Baron would feel like playing the whole season.

The Fakers are crazy if they make this trade, tho.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'd do any of those trades. The point is getting better, and we wouldn't be losing much. At least, those players we'd be losing have already proven they can't get this team to the playoffs. Even if we do it only to trade them again later, it's a good move. We'd be getting rid of several bad contract, at least.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:25 am
Yea Odom is a very good player but I'm not sure he'd fit in unless he got a fair bit of the ball. He is like a point forward and he needs to be the creator on offense, something that really would not happen with Baron in the lineup.

Getting rid of Murphy's and dun's contracts are real good but I still reckon more can be received for those two and the #9 pick

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:25 am
yeah chandler seem more of a defensive energy guy, who can get offensive rebounds, reminds me of biedrins. one thing i like about him is his passion when he plays.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 pm
That's too much for Odom a guy that has been moved too many times in his career!. He won't be able to excel with BD and J-Rich hogging the ball!. Dun, Murph and the 9th pick no way!. Just give me Boozer who is a younger player who can score in the post and grab some boards...

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:14 pm
Let's give 1 vote for Boozer!. I feel sorry for that guy!!!...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:15 am
J-Rich wrote:That's too much for Odom a guy that has been moved too many times in his career!. He won't be able to excel with BD and J-Rich hogging the ball!. Dun, Murph and the 9th pick no way!. Just give me Boozer who is a younger player who can score in the post and grab some boards...

Dun (a guy we want gone) and murph (a guy we could do without) and the #9 (a pick that in this lousy ass draft would be lucky to get a future starter) are too much for a former allstar? Chauncey billups has been moved a lot more than odom, would that make it not worth it to get him? Lamar has only been on three teams and two cities, most players do at least that much moving in their career. And why would we trade murph+pietrus+the #9 for boozer, murph and boozer are very similar players and I'm not sure if I'd trade murph for boozer straight up (probably would).
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 pm
He won't be able to excel with BD and J-Rich hogging the ball!

It wouldn't be a huge drop off from what he's used to. Don't forget, he's currently playing on the same team as Kobe. Also, Golden State currently tries to run a point-forward (with Dun), so Odom would still get his touches there.

I'd pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:30 pm
That trade catapolts the Lakers tremendously, and GIVES US A DIFFERENT LOOK. Not much else. LO DOES'NT EQUAL PO's. These trades are all jokes...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:41 pm
The Odom trade is actually not bad and it would probably improve both teams. Getting rid of dun and moving Murphy so Diogu can start are the real pluses here

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:42 pm
That trade catapolts the Lakers tremendously, and GIVES US A DIFFERENT LOOK. Not much else. LO DOES'NT EQUAL PO's. These trades are all jokes...

Come on. The Odom trade solves our problems at SF, while allowing Diogu to become a starter. We would be set at every position, with the only question mark of Biedrins at center.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about the trade is that we would lose a high draft pick. That shows two things:

1.- I've got an enormous respect for Mullin when it comes to the draft.

2.- I don't rate too high the two playes we would lose. In fact, I'd be happy to lose them. And I'm sure they can be good players, but not here. The team concept doesn't suit them.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:51 pm
J-Rich wrote:That's too much for Odom a guy that has been moved too many times in his career!. He won't be able to excel with BD and J-Rich hogging the ball!. Dun, Murph and the 9th pick no way!. Just give me Boozer who is a younger player who can score in the post and grab some boards...

I'd rather have Odom any day over Dunleavy, Murphy, and the 9th suck ass draft pick. Dunleavy will get better, but not that much and Murphy has already hit his prime in my eyes.

He won't be able to excel with BD and J-Rich? He'll still be able to bring the ball up just like Dunleavy did before. Odom's an all around player. Yea he brought up the ball a lot with the Lakers because the Lakers had jack sh-t for a point guard. If he doesn't bring up the ball he'll be able to score more! This guy's powerful and has touch. He'll do way better with the Warriors then he ever did on the Lakers. He'll now have someone to pass him the ball instead of creating for himself. Sh-t... if he doesn't score he'll rebound and pass. This guy is double-double average with 6 in the next catagory! He'll score more with the Warriors and still pull the same stats in rebounding and assists! I take this in a heart beat. This guys got way more toughness then Murphy, Dunleavy, and whoever we get for the 9th pick combined!

Jason Richardson hogs the ball? Jason is the best thing for the Warriors right now. Odom's used to that anyway with Kobe and he still put up good numbers.

Plus with this trade Ike will start! If we get Boozer what's Ike gonna do... nothing but get 10 minutes a game! Waste!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:10 pm
I voted for Murphy & MK for Boozer.
I would like to see Boozer and Ike with JR, ? & BD.
Monta off the bench with Biedrens, Fischer and co.
I left out Dunleavy cause maybe we could make a deal for a center of draft a young one.
Next

Return to Trades