If Baron is to be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:46 pm
Anonymous wrote:put down the crack pipe guys, this would turn into some west coast ny knicks shiz if we made any of those trades. lets get real. if the sixers cant do shiz with iverson in the weak ass east how he gonna do anything in the west? a first round playoff exit until he bounces? no thanks.

they don't have as good a supporting cast for him as we do
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 pm
About AI... that team wouldn't go anywhere. AI and J-Rich is a great backcourt, but that team has no defense (other than AI) and no low post scoring. And AI is getting old. He's going to fall fast once age becomes a factor (and I guess, with all the pounding he gets each season, it's only two or three seasons away). Even if we could make the playoffs, it would only be as one of the lowest seeds. It's not worthy. You only make moves like this when they make you a clear contender, not just to reach the playoffs.

the point right now is to get to the playoffs. It's like this: if the warriors don't make the playoffs this year, they lose about 4000 fans. Stockpiling young talent doesn't make you a contender, ask the hawks. Especially after the second trade I suggested, AI+Jrich+Marbury+Murph+Barbosa+Fisher would be a better version of the current nets, and I'll take that right now
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:14 am
It's like this: if the warriors don't make the playoffs this year, they lose about 4000 fans.

So be it. They'll be back when the team gets there.

And stockpiling young talent doesn't make you a contender if you do it as the Hawks have done it. They have had several bad drafts, passing on good young players that would make them much better than they are (Chris Paul...) and do not have a legit organization. There's even uncertainty about who's going to be the owner.

And don't get me wrong, I love AI, and I'd be willing to make any trade for him that doesn't involve Ike or J-Rich, and that's merely due to AI's age. I don't think getting to the playoffs is important if it means that we'll have to rebuild again in a couple of years. F*ck the playoffs, then. We have to build towards being a contender for the future.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:23 am
Yeah, I agree w/TMC. Also, if you think Baron monopolizes the ball, you ain't seen nothing till you've seen AI. Really, Warriors are one good SF and one good coach away from being a 50 win team, and they may even do it with a bad coach - I mean Bill Fitch won a championship with Larry Legend...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:50 am
disease wrote:next trade that would work and not neccesarily be turned down
http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=3183637

For the time being that leaves us with the lineup of
AI
Jrich
Marion
Murphy
Biedrins
with barbosa and fish coming off the bench along with the #24 and #27 picks. we use those to draft two Forwards and we have a lineup that isn't thin at any position, isn't close to as injury prone as before, and is ready to make some noise in the playoffs. Will it win it all? no. will it be good enough to satisfy warriors fans hungry for the playoffs? absolutely

And yes I hate to let monta and ike and pietrus go but look at the team we could have

The Suns might do this trade but probably not because Marion is so valuable to them and Lewis can only replace his scoring. The Sonics definately don't do this (unless they're that stupid) because they get two large contracts of garbage (dun and Foyle) and young players that have shown a little potential but not much else yet. We know that Monta, Pietrus and Diogu are potentially great but not many other teams believe so!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:54 am
Anonymous wrote:
Fuk Iverson! He would not fit in this team!

How would iverson not fit in this team? We don't have a system. We don't have an identity. iverson is to baron as francis (in his prime) is to sura (in his prime). He does the same things better.

Iverson shoots more than Baron and has not made his teammates that much better. I believe Iverson is one of the most unstoppable forces in nba history but I just don't see him winning anything! Baron has been quite shiit so far but he can do better and is a bit more of a pass first PG and that is what the team needs. I'm all for getting rid of Baron if he stuffs around one more time but not for Iverson, the 76ers would want so much for him, like Baron, Diogu and Pietrus

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:54 am

How would iverson not fit in this team? We don't have a system. We don't have an identity. iverson is to baron as francis (in his prime) is to sura (in his prime). He does the same things better.

Iverson shoots more than Baron and has not made his teammates that much better. I believe Iverson is one of the most unstoppable forces in nba history but I just don't see him winning anything! Baron has been quite shiit so far but he can do better and is a bit more of a pass first PG and that is what the team needs. I'm all for getting rid of Baron if he stuffs around one more time but not for Iverson, the 76ers would want so much for him, like Baron, Diogu and Pietrus

Iverson gets like eight dimes a game. and as for not winning anything, he basically took a team with himself and some assorted crap that didn't fit together to the finals.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 am
Iverson gets like eight dimes a game. and as for not winning anything, he basically took a team with himself and some assorted crap that didn't fit together to the finals.

Yep, that's true. My only issue about AI, and I think most people who post here share it, is that AI is going to be 30 next season... It's just an age problem, and, if Philly is willing to trade him, I'm sure age plays a part in it.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 am
TMC wrote:
It's like this: if the warriors don't make the playoffs this year, they lose about 4000 fans.

So be it. They'll be back when the team gets there.

And stockpiling young talent doesn't make you a contender if you do it as the Hawks have done it. They have had several bad drafts, passing on good young players that would make them much better than they are (Chris Paul...) and do not have a legit organization. There's even uncertainty about who's going to be the owner.

And don't get me wrong, I love AI, and I'd be willing to make any trade for him that doesn't involve Ike or J-Rich, and that's merely due to AI's age. I don't think getting to the playoffs is important if it means that we'll have to rebuild again in a couple of years. F*ck the playoffs, then. We have to build towards being a contender for the future.

But you need a superstar (unless you're the 04 pistons) to win a championship. The Heat had Wade (future MVP unless lebron wins EVERY MVP for the next 15 years). The spurs had duncan (2 time MVP). The Lakers has shaq (mvp) and kobe (future scoring champion). The bulls had jordan (who's he?). The rockets had hakeem (MVP, should be 2 time MVP). The pistons had isiah (he could have been an MVP if magic, larry, and MJ weren't all in the league). The lakers had Magic (3 time MVP?) and kareem (6 time MVP). The Celts had bird (3 time MVP). The 76ers had moses (2 time MVP?) and Dr. J (MVP). The blazers had Walton (MVP). The celts had cowens (MVP). the warriors had shouldawouldacoulda been MVP barry. The knicks had reed (MVP). The bucks had kareem (MVP). The celts had 5 time MVP russell and MVP cousy. THe Lakers and 76ers had 4 time MVP wilt. The hawks had MVP pettit. So, since the award's inception, the heat, the warriors, the pistons, and the wizards are the only teams without an MVP to win the championship. The warriors had rick barry who should have won MVP and won the ABA MVP. The wizards had Elvin Hayes who was one of the five best players in the game for a while. The Pistons had Isiah. The heat had Wade. The 04 pistons are the only team without a top 5 player in the league to win a championship and they had four allstars plus prince. In other words, you don't win championships without superstars and it's very difficult to get a superstar when you perrenially win 34-38 games and are over the cap because you can't sign anybody very good and you can't (usually) draft anybody good at the 9th spot, especially since lack of HS players in the draft takes so much of the randomness out of who gets the stars
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:03 am
Yeah. What can I say?. I cannot refute a fact (that any team needs a star to be a contender).

But AI is a waning star. We don't have enough to be a contender with him (and we would have to send some of our best players to Philly, so we would be even thinner), and by the time we get some better players, he would be past his prime. Again, is and age issue, not talent. If we can get him without giving up too much, great, but then, I suppose Philly wouldn't make that trade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:19 pm
This thread died when somebody was stupid enough to throw AI's name into the conversation...

Iverson's supporting cast (good or bad) is irrelevant because the guy doesn't pass the ball. If you'd rather have Jason Richardson putting up Andre Iguiodala numbers, than pull the trigger on this one.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:43 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:

Yea but what has he done with the sixers since.............

He is a star but I just don't think he is great with young talent like the Warriors have

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:57 pm
TMC wrote:Yeah. What can I say?. I cannot refute a fact (that any team needs a star to be a contender).

But AI is a waning star. We don't have enough to be a contender with him (and we would have to send some of our best players to Philly, so we would be even thinner), and by the time we get some better players, he would be past his prime. Again, is and age issue, not talent. If we can get him without giving up too much, great, but then, I suppose Philly wouldn't make that trade.

Great points about teams with MVPs winning championships but the Warriors have two MVP type players in Baron and JRich so the team is not low on talent! Diogu might just be another allstar type and with guys like Monta and Biedrins being more than just solid, the team is not one that is in real need of getting a superstar right now. What is needed, as has been said countless times, is a proper coach and proper team organisation!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:05 am
AI>Baron Davis
AI>JRich

AI is "older" but im tired of waiting for the future and seeing our young guys develop....lets win already and worry about the future later. 13 years is long enough.

I doubt AI and Davis could be producitve (cant guard bigger 2 guards and neither is a pure shooter) in same backcourt and I doubt Philly would trade for BD who is AI without the heart, shot selection, durability or free throw %......that means were not getting AI.

AI goes to Boston they are immediately Eastern Conference contenders.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:57 am
AI would mean the destruction of anything that remotely resembles team chemistry. He runs the team HIMSELF, and doesn't know how to play any other way.

That being said, I don't think Iverson has it in him to reach anything past the first round of the playoffs anymore. Screw that idea.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Trades