The Day After...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:30 pm
I think Phoenix (for sure) and San Antonio (probably) have better chances than Dallas next season.

Goddamn, though... every article I've read and every interview I've seen in Dallas or surrounding their fans involves infantile bitching about the refs, Stern, 'conspiracies', and ENDLESS bullsh*t from the dickless Texas fans who feel "burned" by too many Dwayne Wade calls. 'Dwayne Wade calls'. Hmmm. You mean the kind of whistles Dirk was getting ALL SEASON LONG by flopping and screaming...?.....

dirk got no calls that series however

Feels good to be on the other end of the stick, huh Dallas? If anybody feels like getting laid, I suggest booking a flight to Dallas because, apparently, the whole place is populated by sniveling, whiny bitches. For a guy like me (who enjoys seeing people like that suffer), this couldn't have happened to a better place. Maybe France.

I don't particularly like the town of dallas either. The town of Miami seems like a clone of LA (universal, disney, shaq felaters, riley, etc) whereas dallas is a bunch of redneck republicans

Proof: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2 ... id=2493714

I really don't feel like reading a BSPN article right now so I'll take your word on it

The Heat aren't even that good. The refs gave them the game.

yep. basically agreed. if dirk hadn't played like a puss the mavs would have won in five. if the refs weren't human (calling fouls whenever wade missed because it didn't seem possible that he would miss without getting fouled) dallas would have won in five or six. I can't think of a recent more undeserving champion. I don't think it's a conspiracy, however, I think it's the eastern bias.

If we believe that the last great conspiracy theory in Dallas was JFK's death, the second greatest conspiracy theory was that David Stern wanted the Miami Heat to win the championship

LMAO!

Cuban was cited for "several acts of misconduct" committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime to the Heat in Miami on Sunday night. The infractions included Cuban going onto the floor to complain directly to official Joe DeRosa, screaming toward Stern and a group of league officials.

none of what he did has been verified by anybody reliable

Stern was booed loudly by the fans that remained in the stands during the postgame trophy presentation on Tuesday night.

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, stern deserves to be bood every public appearance he makes

Bunch of f*cking little girls...

I wonder who you were rooting for...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:01 pm
I was rooting for Miami. I dispise Dirk with the same passion you hate Shaquille O'Neal with. I'm no Miami fan in the least (sure, I enjoy the fact that Alonzo Mourning got a ring, but that's about it).

I can't believe any Warriors fans would be rooting for Dallas. It baffles me. Eric Dampier (the sell-out asswad who left us high and dry after pretending to be an NBA center for a year) is on the roster. Don Nelson (you know, the guy who DESTROYED our franchise) built that Dallas team's foundation. Dallas faked us in the NBA Draft (by making a pass at Jamison, even though they were clearly going after Nowitski)... and we ended up with Antawn Jamison, instead of Vince F'N Carter! They are an organization that loves to screw with us. The Mavericks are a team that Golden State doesn't like... and the feeling is mutual.

I'd say the three teams Golden State dislikes the most are the Lakers, the Kings, and the Mavericks. Those games almost seem personal when they're being played during the season. The fact that I was rooting for Miami was moreso because I hate Dallas, not because I like the Heat.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:40 pm
#32 wrote:I was rooting for Miami. I dispise Dirk with the same passion you hate Shaquille O'Neal with. I'm no Miami fan in the least (sure, I enjoy the fact that Alonzo Mourning got a ring, but that's about it).

I can't believe any Warriors fans would be rooting for Dallas. It baffles me. Eric Dampier (the sell-out asswad who left us high and dry after pretending to be an NBA center for a year) is on the roster. Don Nelson (you know, the guy who DESTROYED our franchise) built that Dallas team's foundation. Dallas faked us in the NBA Draft (by making a pass at Jamison, even though they were clearly going after Nowitski)... and we ended up with Antawn Jamison, instead of Vince F'N Carter! They are an organization that loves to screw with us. The Mavericks are a team that Golden State doesn't like... and the feeling is mutual.

I'd say the three teams Golden State dislikes the most are the Lakers, the Kings, and the Mavericks. Those games almost seem personal when they're being played during the season. The fact that I was rooting for Miami was moreso because I hate Dallas, not because I like the Heat.

I was rooting for dallas because I dislike miami and I'm a marquis daniels fan. (Note, I was rooting for memphis, SAS, and PHO when they played dallas, I just dislike miami that much)
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:57 pm
Yeah... despite my better judgement, out of all the teams in the playoffs, I was half hoping the Cav's would take it. I knew it wasn't gonna happen, but I think they had two of the more entertaining series in the playoffs (with Washington and Detroit).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:07 pm
I am taking time out from booking a flight to Dallas, where I have been told there is excellent booty available :mrgreen:
couldn't happen to a nicer state - and I go along with the consensus here. A healthy Phoenix (Amare) is truly a terrifying thought for the rest of the league. I think Nash probably has about 2 years left in him at this pace, and putting Amare with Stevie, Raja, Diaw, Marion, the Thomases, Barbosa, Jones and House would be worth springing for a pair of courtside seats.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:20 am
I go along with the consensus here. A healthy Phoenix (Amare) is truly a terrifying thought for the rest of the league. I think Nash probably has about 2 years left in him at this pace, and putting Amare with Stevie, Raja, Diaw, Marion, the Thomases, Barbosa, Jones and House would be worth springing for a pair of courtside seats.

Don't forget they have a couple of first rounders in the draft, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:34 pm
I go along with the consensus here. A healthy Phoenix (Amare) is truly a terrifying thought for the rest of the league. I think Nash probably has about 2 years left in him at this pace, and putting Amare with Stevie, Raja, Diaw, Marion, the Thomases, Barbosa, Jones and House would be worth springing for a pair of courtside seats.

Don't forget they have a couple of first rounders in the draft, too.

even scarier... :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Sports Board