Mock Draft 2.0

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:34 am
Well the reviews of Carney were very good so it is strange that he was not called for a workout! Why get another big guy when the team is stocked some what with them. Unless a real good center is grabbed (maybe O'bryant can be great immediately), there is more reason to go for a SF

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:54 pm
how it could play out im my mind

1. morrison
2. aldridge
3. gay
4. thomas
5. bargnani
6. roy
7. williams
8. foye
9. o'bryant
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:06 am
I don't think there's a chance Morrison goes first unless Toronto trades the pick. I'm pretty sure Aldridge will be the pick if they keep him. Bosh wants him there, and he has yet to sign the extension...

I'll make another mock a few days before the actual draft. Meanwhile, if anyone is interested, check this link for clips of the top prospects:

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1357

Note: I posted the link without checking it first. It's mostly analysis of the top guys, with some highlights here and there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:40 am
I've been reading that Bargnani is the Raptors favourite. I've also read that Bargnani is not that thin, from two two articles written by guys that saw the games of the finals that Bargnani is currently playing in. Interesting to see what will happen if Aldridge is not picked by the Raptors

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:15 am
I've been reading that Bargnani is the Raptors favourite. I've also read that Bargnani is not that thin, from two two articles written by guys that saw the games of the finals that Bargnani is currently playing in. Interesting to see what will happen if Aldridge is not picked by the Raptors

Yeah, they're talking more about Bargnani than any other player, but I think it's a smoke screen to get better offers for the pick. I could be wrong, tho.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:46 am
The raptors need more talent, period! If Aldridge can be there starting Center or Bosh can be the Center and Aldridge the PF, then the Raptors are better going that path because they could really use a very good big player. PG is likely an issue, as Mike James might leave, but they need the big guy more as PG is easier to replace

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:31 pm
yep alot of this draft will hinge on not only what the raps do, but chicago, like if they were to trade the pic or not.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Previous

Return to Sports Board