If Baron is to be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 pm
yeah yall realize dre is only 20 years old.. a big man with type of hands and athleticism just needs practice practice. im not sayin he's gonna be the next big thing, but it wouldnt shock me if he ended up being really good.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:39 pm
In 4 years there's no telling how good he'll be. I reckon he'll get a fair bit better than what he is now and be capable of producing real well. Scoring may never be too high because the team has other great scorers but Biedrins may well end up having the ability to score very well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:03 am
I agree with #32 about Dre being inconsistent, probably will be his whole career. But I think he can be pretty consistent at the boards, and his scoring will improve. Instead of doing games of 16 and 2 the next one, he'll do games of 16 and 8 the next one, thus giving that average around 12, IMO.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:31 am
Maybe for the next two or three years but then he can evolve in to a 20pts one game and then 10-12pts the next

:mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:14 am
That's what we all want...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm
What we want and what we have are two completely different things.

I want Mike Dunleavy to average a quadruple-double.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:50 pm

Well, talk about lofty goals :wink:

I'd be happy if Dun-Dun just resembled something closer to a basketball player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:07 pm
TMC wrote:

Well, talk about lofty goals :wink:

I'd be happy if Dun-Dun just resembled something closer to a basketball player.

Best wishing for more probable things

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:36 pm
howabout
Baron
Ike
#9 pick
for
AI
#15 pick

I love Ike as much as the next person on this board but I think this trade would help both teams because it would make the 76ers younger and GET US TO THE EFFIN PLAYOFFS!!!! The 6ers lineup would look like
Baron at PG (he plays rly well after he's traded)
Korver (or who they draft) at SG (can't play D but he's ok)
Iguadola at SF (he will be an allstar some day)
Webber at PF (still got a bit of run in him)
With ike backing up at PF(ready to take over when web dies)
Dalembert at center (damn good...for a center... in the east)
plus whoever they draft
And the warriors lineup would look like this
Iverson (he's allen effing iverson)
Jrich (he played like an allstar the second half of the season)
Monta off the bench
Fish off the bench
that backcourt alone would lead us to the playoffs. SF, PF, and C would be up for grabs because of drafting and trading, but I think that any team with AI and Jrich with monta and fish backing up would make the playoffs.

And it does work under the collective bargaining agreement

What do you guys think?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:21 pm
Fuk Iverson! He would not fit in this team!

Diogu is the future here, along with JRich and maybe Biedrins and Monta! He can not be traded, especially this early!

Trading Baron for say, Jameer Nelson and Fran Vasquez (he should come to the nba soon) would be a viable trade (throw in one of the Magic's expiring contracts to make it work) and not necessarily a drop off in talent as Jameer looks like a top tier PG. The team then not only gets rid of a huge contract of a so far somewhat disappointing player but also gets a future big man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:31 pm
migya wrote:Fuk Iverson! He would not fit in this team!

Diogu is the future here, along with JRich and maybe Biedrins and Monta! He can not be traded, especially this early!

Trading Baron for say, Jameer Nelson and Fran Vasquez (he should come to the nba soon) would be a viable trade (throw in one of the Magic's expiring contracts to make it work) and not necessarily a drop off in talent as Jameer looks like a top tier PG. The team then not only gets rid of a huge contract of a so far somewhat disappointing player but also gets a future big man

make a trade that fits within the cap and then we can talk. And I love Ike but Iverson is a top 10 player and him + jrich + monta = playoffs. I don't think that anybody who isn't an allstar is untradeable and when you've missed 12 playoffs in a row you have to think about now, not the future
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:37 pm
next trade that would work and not neccesarily be turned down
http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=3183637

For the time being that leaves us with the lineup of
AI
Jrich
Marion
Murphy
Biedrins
with barbosa and fish coming off the bench along with the #24 and #27 picks. we use those to draft two Forwards and we have a lineup that isn't thin at any position, isn't close to as injury prone as before, and is ready to make some noise in the playoffs. Will it win it all? no. will it be good enough to satisfy warriors fans hungry for the playoffs? absolutely

And yes I hate to let monta and ike and pietrus go but look at the team we could have
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:41 pm

Fran Vazquez is as sh*tty as they come. He can't even crack the starting five in Europe. I like Jameer, but Vazquez doesn't have to fire to be a bball player. He has the body and the tools, but not the will.

About AI... that team wouldn't go anywhere. AI and J-Rich is a great backcourt, but that team has no defense (other than AI) and no low post scoring. And AI is getting old. He's going to fall fast once age becomes a factor (and I guess, with all the pounding he gets each season, it's only two or three seasons away). Even if we could make the playoffs, it would only be as one of the lowest seeds. It's not worthy. You only make moves like this when they make you a clear contender, not just to reach the playoffs.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:43 pm
put down the crack pipe guys, this would turn into some west coast ny knicks shiz if we made any of those trades. lets get real. if the sixers cant do shiz with iverson in the weak ass east how he gonna do anything in the west? a first round playoff exit until he bounces? no thanks.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:45 pm
Fuk Iverson! He would not fit in this team!

How would iverson not fit in this team? We don't have a system. We don't have an identity. iverson is to baron as francis (in his prime) is to sura (in his prime). He does the same things better.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades