If Baron is to be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:52 pm
#32 wrote:Robert Horry tossed a towel in Danny Ainge's face

He also bit stackhouse
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:59 pm
check it out, who the heck would baron get along with? the fact is we've gone through coach after coach year after year. its about time this franchise gets some stability and mullin gets some players in here who will play for coach montgomery. the kids play very well for him. as the youngsters grow with monty, there will be no problem. its players like baron who have a chip on their shoulder who have beef. give baron another year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:32 pm
The point is, the last thing this franchise needed was a problem between a player and a coach, any problem really. This franchise finally looked like it was moving in a positive direction, with the appointment of an alltime great of the franchise as GM (a good move for the fact that it brought in a familiar face), Drafted at least 6 potentially great players (JRich, Murphy, Biedrins, Diogu, Ellis and Taft) and traded for an allstar type player (Baron). Things really looked better and more secure than they had been for at least a decade and now this situation with Baron threatens to hinder the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:03 pm
#32 wrote:I dunno if I buy that racism pitch about "black athletes and white commentators". Some attitude problems are pretty justified. Rasheed led the league in technicals for years on end. Nick Van Exel was a little girl PMSing for Del Harris. Robert Horry tossed a towel in Danny Ainge's face. And the list goes on and on. I wouldn't say it's an attitude problem so much as certain people not being able to get along.

In that sense, Baron doesn't really have an "attitude problem". He has a beef with Montgomery. And then it just comes down to who would we rather lose...

is this the same Danny Ainge who bit Tree Rollins?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:38 pm
migya wrote:Drafted at least 6 potentially great players (JRich, Murphy, Biedrins, Diogu, Ellis and Taft)

he also drafted arenas. and I don't think that biedrins or taft are "potentially great". they're potentially good, I don't see them ever being allstars though.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:35 pm
Me either. I'm hoping Taft & Dre develop into good role players... but I don't have the sort of high hopes other people here have (I recall you mentioning something like 18 PPG, 10 RPG, and 2 BPG for Andris Biedrins, migya... I seriously doubt he'll ever get anywhere near there).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:18 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
migya wrote:Drafted at least 6 potentially great players (JRich, Murphy, Biedrins, Diogu, Ellis and Taft)

he also drafted arenas. and I don't think that biedrins or taft are "potentially great". they're potentially good, I don't see them ever being allstars though.

My point is those two were good draft picks that were expected not to be, especially second round draft picks, like Taft was.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:22 pm
#32 wrote:Me either. I'm hoping Taft & Dre develop into good role players... but I don't have the sort of high hopes other people here have (I recall you mentioning something like 18 PPG, 10 RPG, and 2 BPG for Andris Biedrins, migya... I seriously doubt he'll ever get anywhere near there).

If Biedrins is given the starting position at Center full time, with the chance to get over 30 minutes a game (the fouling should decrease as he will learn), he will develop to the point where he is capable of those numbers. He has already shown the athletic ability and effort to become a very effective player and the only thing that may stop him from having numbers like that are the presence of great players on his team ie. JRich and Diogu for starters, who might well get the ball much more and thus get the scoring. Biedrins has the ability and wil learn very likely develop the ability to be capable of such production

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:10 pm
I'm not buying it. In over 30 minutes a game, Biedrins will average 8-9 PPG, 8-9 RPG, and 2 blocks.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:02 am
Biedrins - not really seeing him score 18 a game, unless he can do something about free throws - oh sh-t!!! now I've done it!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:29 am
I'm still sure Dre can become a PJ Brown clone. Something like 12 and 9 can be the objective with him. And those are pretty good numbers for the position.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:56 am
I'm still sure Dre can become a PJ Brown clone. Something like 12 and 9 can be the objective with him. And those are pretty good numbers for the position.

Sounds about right, TMC
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:33 pm
The only reason I wouldn't agree with that is because the kid's inconsistent, which makes for lower numbers.

Sure, Biedrins is capable of going for 16 points one night... but the next game, he might only get 2. That's why I'd say something like 8 or 9 points per night.

I see more of a skinnier Eric Dampier in him than a PJ Brown. His job is to rebound and block a shot or two... but he enjoys scoring, so he'll have a few nights where he goes off and a few nights where he disappears.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:01 pm
He's still young and learning. I said so for the future, 3-4 seasons down the road.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:07 pm
Well, we'll see, I guess. I just don't buy it.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades