Murphy to Chicago (from CNN, NBA Rumors) ?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:58 pm
Here's one you hear the most about: The Warriors' Troy Murphy and No. 9 to the Bulls for No. 2 and something, maybe Michael Sweetney. The Warriors are desperate for a big man and figure to want a shot at LaMarcus Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas. They've got to pare payroll and Murphy has five years left, escalating up to almost $12 million.
-- Chicago Tribune
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:46 am
Good News :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:47 am
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2293
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:24 pm
Warriors Fan from Germany wrote:Here's one you hear the most about: The Warriors' Troy Murphy and No. 9 to the Bulls for No. 2 and something, maybe Michael Sweetney. The Warriors are desperate for a big man and figure to want a shot at LaMarcus Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas. They've got to pare payroll and Murphy has five years left, escalating up to almost $12 million.
-- Chicago Tribune

I think the Warriors are more desparate for a small forward. They still have the likes of Diogu and Taft even without Murphy. You add in Cabarkapa and you avhe 3 PFs. Dunleavy hasn't gotten it done since he arrived here in GS. I'd love the trade to move up, but I wouldn't take Aldridge or Thomas. Rudy Gay is the guy that would fit this team well. Athletic, can defend, and is a smart player. Davis, Richardson, Gay, Diogu, and Biedrins!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:16 pm
I think Aldridge or Thomas would be converted into a center if Golden State took them. Aldridge would play the 5 like Bosh does for Toronto.

The Warriors are looking to complete their front court (which could be a 3 or 5) and, no offense to any of the small forwards in the draft but, it's a big man's potluck this year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:17 pm
Aldridge just won't be there so Mullin won't even be thinking about him. O'bryant is a legit Center and he is the best fit but I would not be opposed to getting Gay. Gay would really solve the SF problems as he can do it all offensively and is a very good defender as well.

I read that both Morrison and Carney worked out against each other for the Bobcats and both scored heavily on each other. Morrison impressed because Carney is known as a very good defender. I wouldn't mind even getting Carney but for that, trading down with say the Magic for the 11th pick and their 1st pick next draft or the one after would still allow Carney to be picked as he probably won't go in the top 10

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 pm
this is nice but im not sure if you knew but according to the new collective bargaining agreement rule...you cannot trade a newly signed player (i.e murphy, richardson, dunleavy) away. and because of this the warriors wont be able to ship one of their newly signed players away. so unfortunately, the 9th pick with murphy is not possible. they can start trading the newly signed players on july 1st and because the draft is june 28. there's no way murphy will be leaving during the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 pm
i like the first part of the trade.

murph and 9th for 2nd and.......

not sweetney. how about we throw in dunleavy or pietrus and grab ben gordon.

we would have 2nd choice. and ben gordon.

we would give up murph, our 9th, and pietrus/dunleavy.

sounds good to me...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:55 pm
i doubt the bulls would even want that. im pretty sure they dont want dunleavy. but then again who does.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:25 pm
that would be big, but i dont see it happening.. if i was the dubs i'd do that and add pietrus for luol deng, pick morrison or gay at 2, powe at 38.

davis/fisher/ellis
j-rich/ellis/deng
dunleavy/deng/morrison or gay
diogu/sweetney/powe
biendrins/taft/foyle
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:06 pm
You've got the 2nd pick in this draft as third string SF. That's just a waste. Deng is very good and would be a starting SF on the team.

Not a viable trade because the team would not be adding better talent to the Center position but stacking the SF position.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:44 pm
This thread appears to have gone to hell ever since Ben Gordon's name was thrown into the mix...

REALISM is the goal, people...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades