Al-Zarqawi killed in air raid...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 am
Not sure how well this topic will fly on this message board, but at least its posted in the off topic forum.

This morning Abu Musab al-Zarqawi "the most wanted terrorist in Iraq" was killed in an air raid. The US dropped two 500 pound bombs over his compound, which sealed his fate.

Since Bin Ladden is long forgotten, I know Bush is going to spin this some way to make it sound like a huge success in this mess he got us stuck in known as the War on Terror.

My question to you is, do you think that this "significant victory in the War on Terror" as Bush would say is really that significant? Do you really think that this milestone makes it any easier to actually put an end to this ridiculous war and start bringing our troops home, or is this event just another thing to spin and bolster support and poll numbers?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iraq_al_zarqawi;_ylt=Ak2ZcwAmHDg.AOptYgQ82DZX6GMA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:52 am
Hard to tell. I don't think is so "significant". I mean, usually, these leaders get easily replaced by someone else. It's an important blow, but I don't think how it will help end the war on a short term, although I hope I'm wrong.

If I'm sure of something is that it will be used in a political way. It always happens in wars. When any government goes to war, it has to show something for it. Setting and achieving goals is always a morale booster. Even if it doesn't help at anything else.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:31 pm
I think it serves more as a propoganda piece than anything. I think it will disrupt the al qaeda group in Iraq a bit, but I don't think it serves as much of a blow. Like TMC said, these guys usually get replaced by someone else, plus his followers will look at him as a martyr now.

That being said, I am glad he's dead.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:46 pm
The real terrorists are the U.S. government, along with pretty much every government! Noone knows the truth because the television news is controlled to show only what the fascists in control want people to think! I have spoken to some arab people now living in Australia who say that many people have been brutalised and killed in their countries by foreign soldiers just for the heck of it. The "official" stories are never the real truth! Most terrorist groups work in conjuction with governement departments like the C.I.A. anyway and peaceful arab citizens get blamed and discriminated against all around the world! Some arab people are different in their ways but they do not tend to instigate things. Governments control their own people with terrorist techniques and the U.S.A. is the ultimate example!

That new movie that recently came out called V For Vendetta is great in its message! People outnumber the government and its soldiers by alot and people need to band together to stop this garbage that now is getting even worse! They just came out with laws here that make it very easy for an employer to sack their employees, allowing discrimination and unfair treatment to be pretty much acceptable. IT HAS TO WORK BOTH WAYS AND RIGHT NOW IT DOESN'T!

The thing is that people are afraid and the government, who should be accountable for EVERYTHING THEY DO to its people (the funders of everything ie. the hand that feeds them). Like children who are raped but don't say anything because they are afraid of the rapist, the offenders are allowed to continue their violations!

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!! DOWN WITH THE FASCISTS!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:07 am
Migya, you make a lot of good points. If you haven't seen the 14 charactaristics of Fascism video then click the link because it is right up your alley.

http://www.bushflash.com/14.html

I know you don't need any convincing, but after viewing the short video its hard to deny the Fascist direction that the USA is headed in...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:22 pm
Big B wrote:Not sure how well this topic will fly on this message board, but at least its posted in the off topic forum.

This morning Abu Musab al-Zarqawi "the most wanted terrorist in Iraq" was killed in an air raid. The US dropped two 500 pound bombs over his compound, which sealed his fate.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iraq_al_zarqawi;_ylt=Ak2ZcwAmHDg.AOptYgQ82DZX6GMA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

At least that's what they say...
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:00 am
BigB, that is yet another video that states the obvious and you're right, I don't need anymore convincing!

Everyone sits around scared and they will be made slaves, more so!
When things gets so bad that alot of people will lose the fear because of the desparation, it will be too late because the few that control everything will have the means to wipe them out easily! The sooner that people get up and eliminate the losers who cause all this, the easier it will be, though we are in 2006 and things are much harder than they were even in 2000!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:55 am
Big B wrote:I know you don't need any convincing, but after viewing the short video its hard to deny the Fascist direction that the USA is headed in...

What I don't like is the political climate this can create. It's not about politics anymore, it's about hate between factions. That's the worst thing that can happen to any country.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:30 am
Big B wrote:Migya, you make a lot of good points. If you haven't seen the 14 charactaristics of Fascism video then click the link because it is right up your alley.

http://www.bushflash.com/14.html

I know you don't need any convincing, but after viewing the short video its hard to deny the Fascist direction that the USA is headed in...

That's good, however I wish that blumrich would go back to the much more effective combination of humour and being outspoken, instead of just plain being outspoken. That's what separates geniouses like Colbert, Stewart, and Fiore from alternative buys like Blumrich who I only visit their site maybe monthly. I remember I used to think of him as up there with Fiore as comedians sending a message over the web but sadly his site has fallen off the wagon lately.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:32 am
The other thing I like about Fiore is that he at least points out that the US isn't the only bad guys in the world, same with Stewart. Blumrich rarely does and I think that often hurts his otherwise powerful message
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:18 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
Big B wrote:Not sure how well this topic will fly on this message board, but at least its posted in the off topic forum.

At least that's what they say...

I heard last night that maybe that guy didn't die at all! There all so full of crap, I just don't tune in to the news very often anymore!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:23 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The other thing I like about Fiore is that he at least points out that the US isn't the only bad guys in the world, same with Stewart. Blumrich rarely does and I think that often hurts his otherwise powerful message

Every government is bad! There all the same just acting like they are independent but they are not!

I read a few years back and I will try to find websites that state this so you can look it up, that the Kings and Queens of some of all the European counties that still are monarchs are all related in being not too distant cousins!!!! WHAT THE FUK IS THAT! Plain to see right there that the few control the many!

The royal family of Britain originated in Germany and only migrated to Britain (because they were hand picked to rule that land and those people) a couple of hundred years ago!

IT IS ALL A FASCIST REALITY AND I WANT IT TO END!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:43 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The other thing I like about Fiore is that he at least points out that the US isn't the only bad guys in the world, same with Stewart. Blumrich rarely does and I think that often hurts his otherwise powerful message

Every government is bad! There all the same just acting like they are independent but they are not!

agree with you there, bro, though there are different levels of each government's issues

I read a few years back and I will try to find websites that state this so you can look it up, that the Kings and Queens of some of all the European counties that still are monarchs are all related in being not too distant cousins!!!! WHAT THE FUK IS THAT! Plain to see right there that the few control the many!

you do realize that pretty much no modern day monarchy has much more than ceremonial power
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:32 pm
It looks like on the surface that the royalty have no power but understand that they do and can when they want.

There all from the same bloodline anyway - Royalty, politics, military force leaders, it's all just a load of garbage that needs to be taken out and burned!

I've also read a book that states that 34 presidents (around about that number, I forget the exact number) of the presidents of the U.S.A. are all related going back to King Charlmagne (spelling?) of france at about 1100s so 900 years ago! Another sign of the few controlling the many and how fascist shiit really is!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:26 am
migya wrote:I read a few years back and I will try to find websites that state this so you can look it up, that the Kings and Queens of some of all the European counties that still are monarchs are all related in being not too distant cousins!!!! WHAT THE FUK IS THAT! Plain to see right there that the few control the many!

The royal family of Britain originated in Germany and only migrated to Britain (because they were hand picked to rule that land and those people) a couple of hundred years ago!

That's true. And the reason is that, for centuries, their own families didn't allow them to marry anyone not from "Royal Blood". Our own royal family has links to the Greek and French ones (the old french one, as they are not a monarchy anymore). That's not true anymore, tho. They're now allowed to do as they please, within certain limits of "respectability". Even an Aussie is going to be the next queen of Denmark. :wink:

But disease is right. Most monarchies only represent their countries nowadays. They do not have any power by themselves, and if they have, it's under close control from the political factions of the country. They can't take relevant decisions by themselves.

Return to Off-Topic Forum