Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:02 pm
mavs or heat....take your pick.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:31 pm
mavs.
mavs need to play fast paced and make shaq run and tire him out. wade will get his 30+pts, but nobody on miami can stop dirk. im interested in the josh howard dwyane wade matchup, should be a good one. just from watching these playoffs, i just feel that dallas plays better as a team than miami does. JWill and Toine will need their "A" games if miami wants to win.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:11 am
Heat. Although I'm not so sure against the Mavs. It's going to be a great matchup, that's for sure. And I agree with "what?", the matchup between Wade and Howard will be key for the outcome.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:17 am
I expected a Spurs v Pistons final but I'm much happier with this matchup! Just nicer to see two other teams make it to the finals and it happens to be the first time for both!

I want the Mavs to win (barely) but it would be great to see Payton and Mourning get a championship after all these years in the nba.

Dirk has to be great because unless Terry, Stackhouse, Howard or someone else on the Mavs can light up often, the Mavs may not have the firepower to beat the Heat, if both Wade and Shaq play great that is.

I reckon it will go 7 games and the home team will win = Mavs in 7

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:48 am
mavs to win in 6,dirk for finals mvp
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:26 am
Ever since Shaq's foul trouble left him in the Chicago series, he's been on a rampage. I also expect Dwane Wade to come up big a couple games... but I have a hunch he'll disappear for at least one.

Miami doesn't have an answer, defensively, for Dirk. Antoine Walker will be raped. But Dallas' defense won't be able to contain Wade, O'Neal, or Payton (yes, I think Glove will lay all he's got left on this series... expect a 20-point game from him when the Heat need another weapon). Zo won't allow the Mav's to take advantage of when Shaq's tired/in foul trouble. The middle will be off limits (which isn't anything that will hurt Dallas too much).

Dirk can't beat the Heat by himself. Miami in 6.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:59 pm
Tough call, but I'm going with mavs. D Wade is astounding, but Mavs can play it fast or slow (see the spurs and suns series) and i think they have the best coach in the game. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the Heat broke 100 in the series, and Dallas can easily rack 120. I see them running the Heat off the floor. the adjustments Avery made, not only series to series, but game to game and even quarter to quarter were brilliant. Also, with Damp, Diop, and Van Horn, the Mavs have 18 fouls to waste on Shaq, and assuming he gets to the line 18 times ( alot) that is 18 missed free throws a game. I don't see the Heat making up those 18 points. Mavs are 9 deep, and Nowitzki is a top 5 player, not stoppable...I wouldn't bet huge money on it, but Mavs in 6 or 7...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:34 am
coltraning wrote:Tough call, but I'm going with mavs. D Wade is astounding, but Mavs can play it fast or slow (see the spurs and suns series) and i think they have the best coach in the game. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the Heat broke 100 in the series, and Dallas can easily rack 120. I see them running the Heat off the floor. the adjustments Avery made, not only series to series, but game to game and even quarter to quarter were brilliant. Also, with Damp, Diop, and Van Horn, the Mavs have 18 fouls to waste on Shaq, and assuming he gets to the line 18 times ( alot) that is 18 missed free throws a game. I don't see the Heat making up those 18 points. Mavs are 9 deep, and Nowitzki is a top 5 player, not stoppable...I wouldn't bet huge money on it, but Mavs in 6 or 7...

Well said!

The Mavs are deeper (seemingly since their bench has played better) and have played better offense and even better defense than the Heat so far this season

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 am
As much as I would like to see the Mavs win, in reality I think the Heat are going to take it in 6.
Since the Heat don't really have an answer for Dirk, he is going to have to play absolutly flawless for the Mavs to have a chance.
Just as a pure prediction I think that the Mavs are only going to win game 1 and 4.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:45 pm
Migya - are they going to broadcast the NBA Finals on television in Australia?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:51 am
Elemental wrote:Migya - are they going to broadcast the NBA Finals on television in Australia?

Yeah but I don't have that particular channel

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 pm
im'a go with the heat. i really dont see no one stopping the nowitzki but im pretty sure Riley will find a way to hold him down. dampier and diop will get overpowered by o'neal but that wade/howard matchup will be very interesting. whoever plays better will probably decide the series. but then again, the heat will need everyone to contribute besides wade and shaq.

this who i see who has the edge on the starting 5 and positions...
Shaq vs Dampier...Edge: Heat
Haslem vs Nowitzki...Edge: Mavs
Walker vs Howard...Edge: Even
Wade vs Terry...Edge: Heat
Williams vs Harris...Edge: Even
Heat Bench vs Mavs Bench...Edge: Mavs
Riley vs Johnson...Edge: Even

this finals will be a very interesting one to watch. i better keep my eye on every possession.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:14 am
I agree on the positional edge, except the following:

Walker vs Howard...Edge: Mavs
Williams vs Harris...Edge: Mavs
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:20 am
Antoine Walker could win a game or two nearly on his own with the shooting he has at times! Howard just has to play defense and score when he can to make a big difference

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 am
migya wrote:Antoine Walker could win a game or two nearly on his own with the shooting he has at times!

And lose the series for his team the rest of the time. It depends on who shows up: Antoine Walker or... the brickslayer.
Next

Return to Sports Board