whats mullin going to do this summer??

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:05 pm
ok so we know mullin will shake up this underachieving roster a bit this summer, the question is who is on the way out, and who could we realistically get in return...

murphy i believe is the warriors best bargaining piece. he's a double double every night and he's not an "outrageous" contract per say. he would be an attractive guy for a team that is looking for better perimeter shooting and rebounding. now some would dissagree here and say why would the dubs trade their best rebounder when they are poor in this area as it is. well quite frankly what we lack is athleticism down low, and murphy doesnt quite fit that bilk. why would a team trade a athletic pf for one who isnt, well thats ok, there is always 3 team deals out there or what not, who wants a shooter... so it would make all parties happy.

on another note. we could get alot of production out of pf keeping murph and having diogu off the bench at least offensively... where we didnt get enough production last year was sf, where dunleavy and pietrus really struggled. so that brings pietrus into play. i think mullin believes in dun and will stick with him. pietrus is a wildcard, and is a tradable commodity. drafting a carney would fill pietrus' spot. frankly i like pietrus and would hate to give up on him this early. but how much patience can we have? its been 11 years and counting. mullin really has alot of options out there, and we have yet to see what taft can do, biedrins is only 20, ellis looks like a steal. add a carney and a powe out of the 2nd round and i think we can afford to move a murphy and a pietrus for an established player... any ideas?????
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:46 pm
actually its 12 years and counting. but whos really counting anyway? we have the talent but we need the chemistry.

i personally think murphs doube doubles are over rated. he gets double digit rebs because nobody else on our team can rebound. im all in favor of replacing troy with ike. i think ike is a better rebounder and shotblocker. he has the low post game we so desperately need. and hes a better FT shooter than murph.

i like pietrus and id hate to give up on him so quickly. i have a feeling that if we trade him, he will blossom and it will come back to haunt us. the same goes for dunleavy. im not giving up on either of them, at least not until after this upcoming season. but if we can improve our defense by trading one of them, then im all for it.

heres a trade id like to see happen(dunno if it will happen but id be happy if it does)
Murph+MP+#9 for #2+(either deng or chandler) with number 2 grab either aldridge or tyrus or trade that pick and get a proven vet.

also i dont want carney. in his career carney has shot 797 3's 798 2s and 298 FTs. hed fit in PERFECTLY with the warriors(jack up a bunch of 3s and shooting few FTs) except what we're doing isnt helping us win. sure hes a human highlight reel but we have enough players like him already.

ImageImage(getting blocked by ike)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:45 am
Brewer...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:45 am
what? wrote:also i dont want carney. in his career carney has shot 797 3's 798 2s and 298 FTs. hed fit in PERFECTLY with the warriors(jack up a bunch of 3s and shooting few FTs) except what we're doing isnt helping us win. sure hes a human highlight reel but we have enough players like him already.

We do?. He would play SF for us. I'd rather have him than Dun-Dun or Pietrus for that spot. If he fist us perfectly, why aren't we helping us win?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:31 am
murphs double dips are overrated but he'd be stellar coming off the bench for a good team, a great accent. he's just not the player to help make a team good enough to end a playoff drought.

Return to Trades