MVP

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 am
Dirk went berserk in the fourth quarter yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen a seven footer dominate that much in a game from the inside and outside.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:18 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Dirk went berserk in the fourth quarter yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen a seven footer dominate that much in a game from the inside and outside.

I.Still.Haven't.Seen.That.Game. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Probably the best game in the series, AND I HAVEN'T SEEN IT. THE DAMN TORRENT IS SLOW AS F*CK.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Dirk went berserk in the fourth quarter yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen a seven footer dominate that much in a game from the inside and outside.

But the way he dominated the inside was very guard-like, save for the rebounds. His post-game or inside defense (both of which have never been strong points for him) didn't make magical appearences. It was, overall, a very good Dirk game. Nothing out of the ordinary; just lots and lots of the usual.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:06 pm
#32 wrote:

But the way he dominated the inside was very guard-like, save for the rebounds. His post-game or inside defense (both of which have never been strong points for him) didn't make magical appearences. It was, overall, a very good Dirk game. Nothing out of the ordinary; just lots and lots of the usual.

dude, he became only the 6th player in playoff history to get 50 points and at least 12 boards in a game, and outscored the Suns by himself in the 4th quarter 22-20 - hardly "nothing out of the ordinary"!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:15 pm
#32 wrote:

Dude, Dirk dominated the game in a way your pal Shaq never has in the playoffs, at least in the past few years, give him his props. Dirk's one of the five best three point shooters in the league, one of the five best rebounders in the league, and probably one of the five best post players in the league. That has really never happened before.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:44 am
coltraning wrote:dude, he became only the 6th player in playoff history to get 50 points and at least 12 boards in a game, and outscored the Suns by himself in the 4th quarter 22-20 - hardly "nothing out of the ordinary"!

Yeah. I find it amusing to describe a 50 points playoff game like "nothing out of the ordinary"...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:54 pm
#32 wrote:It was, overall, a very good Dirk game. Nothing out of the ordinary; just lots and lots of the usual.

I never said it wasn't impressive. I said Dirk dominated in a fashon that is typical of his style. It was a predictable, historically-noted good Dirk game... but on steriods.

Unlike, say, when Shaquille O'Neal (an example just for you, dIsEaSe) got near a triple-double before the end of the season by dishing out 8 assists. Shaq isn't a PG. He never throws anywhere near 10 assists. That's out of the ordinary. But Dirk scoring a lotta points and grabbing a lotta boards? It's impressive, of course, but it's not out of the ordinary for him. Kobe's 81 is out of the ordinary, because he scored 4 times his usual amount. Shaun Livingston going 4 for 4 from beyond the arc is out of the ordinary, because he's not a particularly good outside shooter. Things like that. Dirk had a high scoring game (not his highest ever) and grabbed a ton of boards (like always). Impressive. Great. Worthy of recognition. Out of the ordinary? For Dirk? Not really.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:07 am
#32 wrote:Out of the ordinary? For Dirk? Not really.

Well, in a way, it is, because it means he didn't choke in the playoffs, like in years before. That's what makes it something out of the ordinary. Nobody would say that if is this were a regular season game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:23 am
Okay than. I'll agree with that. Dirk didn't choke. THAT's out of the ordinary. But this:

No. You see it all season long with Dirk. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Case closed.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:19 pm
#32 wrote:Okay than. I'll agree with that. Dirk didn't choke. THAT's out of the ordinary. But this:

No. You see it all season long with Dirk. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Case closed.

once more, bro - only SIX PLAYERS IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME have ever scored 50 points and 12 or more boards during a playoff game - only SIX!!! By definition, that is extraordinary...

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:53 pm
#32 wrote:Okay than. I'll agree with that. Dirk didn't choke. THAT's out of the ordinary. But this:

Your reading comprehension skills need a tuneup.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:55 pm
TMC wrote:

Well, in a way, it is, because it means he didn't choke in the playoffs, like in years before. That's what makes it something out of the ordinary. Nobody would say that if is this were a regular season game.

Not only did he not choke, he elevated his game in the playoffs and had the second best playoffs this year after LBJ while at the same time establishing himself as one of the five best post players in the game
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:33 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:

Not only did he not choke, he elevated his game in the playoffs and had the second best playoffs this year after LBJ while at the same time establishing himself as one of the five best post players in the game

disease, do your parents know where you are?

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:51 pm
coltraning wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:

disease, do your parents know where you are?

They may... but I sure as hell don't know where they are. I think they went to LA, casting their family to the four winds, to peddle some ill concieved ripoff of a product. The Times is going to write an article about it to convince people not to buy it.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:54 pm
Dirk has started choking again. that's the difference between dirk and other superstars, that other superstars are gonna get their points no matter who's guarding them, maybe one game per series they will get locked down but the next game they will come back with a vengeance. Like Wade. Like Lebron. Like Kobe. Like Dirk did last series. That's why dirk isn't a superstar. At some point during a game or series a superstar gets fed up and caries the team on his back, maybe makes a couple of clutch shots. A superstar does not miss clutch free throws in two finals games which are decided by two points or less. A superstar who is widely considered the best shooter in the league does not miss a wide open jumper. If Kevin Garnett were on the mavs, with his phenomenal will to win, they would have won this series by now, like I said. Dirk has to go for 40+ tomorrow to prove everybody wrong. If he doesn't, he's a great player, he's a star, he's not a superstar.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board