Jermaine again

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:46 am
migya wrote:The draft pick might get Carney who could be good enough for starting SF

Or (I know, I know, I'm not supposed to say this) we could start Dun for a year, using Carney as a 6th man, and then, once his BYC is over, trade him... and give the starting spot to Carney.

The reasoning behind this is the following: If we intend to try Dun, he better starts and gets some numbers (if he can) to attract suitors.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:04 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The draft pick might get Carney who could be good enough for starting SF

Or (I know, I know, I'm not supposed to say this) we could start Dun for a year, using Carney as a 6th man, and then, once his BYC is over, trade him... and give the starting spot to Carney.

The reasoning behind this is the following: If we intend to try Dun, he better starts and gets some numbers (if he can) to attract suitors.

Very good reasoning but it may cost another season out of the playoffs!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:20 am
migya wrote:Very good reasoning but it may cost another season out of the playoffs!

If we get something out of the center position, I think we can endure another weak season at sf. :thumbup:
Last edited by TMC on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:54 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:so are the Paul Pierce rumors dead, too? What about Peja? Really, we have 1 too many decent 4s and 1 too few decent 3s, ya know...

Problem is, do you think those teams rate Murphy as good enough to trade one of those players for him?

Not straight up for sure, but it's possible that a Murphy/Pietrus/draft pick could entice them...Murphy's stats look great on paper and he's an Irish kid from Notre Dame, seems like a natural for Boston...
migya wrote:Peja is just a shooter and the Warriors don't need another one really but a good defender which Peja isn't. Pierce just ha dhis best season and so it would be difficult to get him without trading either Baron or JRich and some other core players.

The draft pick might get Carney who could be good enough for starting SF

Have to disagree, bro. Warriors have no clutch outside shooter, (though JRich has improved a lot) so with Ike opening up the perimeter with his monster post play, a killer deadeye like Peja could be really helpful.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:41 am
coltraning wrote:Have to disagree, bro. Warriors have no clutch outside shooter, (though JRich has improved a lot) so with Ike opening up the perimeter with his monster post play, a killer deadeye like Peja could be really helpful.

Only issue here, again, is age. Peja's going to be 29 next season. And I don't think he has more than 3-4 season on the tank. After that, he'll became Kyle Korver.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:22 pm
Peja's defense is disgraceful and the Warriors need better than that

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:08 pm
migya wrote:Peja's defense is disgraceful and the Warriors need better than that

maybe, but no worse than the curse of the dun and he'll give you 10-15 more points a game. Think of those extra points and how the Ws were 9-23 in games decided in the last 2 minutes - would have come in handy, no?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:09 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Peja's defense is disgraceful and the Warriors need better than that

maybe, but no worse than the curse of the dun and he'll give you 10-15 more points a game. Think of those extra points and how the Ws were 9-23 in games decided in the last 2 minutes - would have come in handy, no?

I'd rather a player that is pretty good offensively and quite good defensively

Previous

Return to News Articles