Warriors Keeping Bynum?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What do you think will happen regarding Will Bynum?

He won't accept a role as a 3rd or 4th option and leaves to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.
11%
The Warriors won't offer him the sort of contract deal he's looking for (or they might not even attempt to resign him).
78%
Will Bynum resigns through at least the '06-'07 season
11%

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:38 pm
TMC wrote:We draft Barea, he learns for a year behind Baron and Fish, and then we trade one of those two...

I can't see us trading away either Davis or Fisher anytime soon... Baron is being rapidly transformed into the face of the Warriors and Derek Fisher won't be dished away in any fashion other than to even the contract salaries in another trade (such as a Troy Murphy trade). "Trading one away" is a lot harder than it sounds...

TMC wrote:The best think about Barea is that he IS a true pg, not the typical playmaker who's more a 2 than a 1. We don't have that kind of player.

Yeah we do. Baron Davis is a true point guard. The fact that he can score shouldn't scare critics away from his pure playmaking skills. Make no mistake, Baron's a pass-first point guard. It's just that some people have a hard time seeing it because he tends to take the game into his own hands once his team starts going down the tubes.

TMC wrote:Projects in the second round NEVER pan out.

It kinda looks like Monta Ellis will... Even though his skills seem quite developed, he was a raw high school kid who still has a lot to learn about his role in the NBA (namely, being a point guard).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:45 am
I wouldn't mind giving him a 1 yr deal w/team option...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:44 am
#32 wrote:I can't see us trading away either Davis or Fisher anytime soon... Baron is being rapidly transformed into the face of the Warriors and Derek Fisher won't be dished away in any fashion other than to even the contract salaries in another trade (such as a Troy Murphy trade). "Trading one away" is a lot harder than it sounds...

Baron could be difficult to trade, but not Fish. I'm sure that he would have several suitors for the next two seasons. After that, he'll be a lot harder to trade. A lot.

#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:The best think about Barea is that he IS a true pg, not the typical playmaker who's more a 2 than a 1. We don't have that kind of player.

Yeah we do. Baron Davis is a true point guard. The fact that he can score shouldn't scare critics away from his pure playmaking skills. Make no mistake, Baron's a pass-first point guard. It's just that some people have a hard time seeing it because he tends to take the game into his own hands once his team starts going down the tubes.

I meant from the bench. Fish can't run a team, and Ellis is a SG.

#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:Projects in the second round NEVER pan out.

It kinda looks like Monta Ellis will... Even though his skills seem quite developed, he was a raw high school kid who still has a lot to learn about his role in the NBA (namely, being a point guard).

Well, yeah, you're right. I was thinking more on Taft and other big men projects chosen on the second round. But Ellis looks like the real deal.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball