trade with Bulls

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:19 am
I would do this trade with the bulls:

Mickael Pietrus, Warriors: He is an under-used defensive talent who can be that big shooting guard. Golden State is in luxury-tax trouble and probably can't afford to extend Pietrus. How about Pietrus and Troy Murphy, a power forward who can step outside and make a shot, for both No. 1 picks and a reserve like Michael Sweetney or Duhon? That should still give the Bulls enough money left to add one big man through free agency." Chicago Tribune

This would get rid of Murphy to allow Diogu to play PF and get something in return for Pietrus. With the 2nd pick we could use it to draft Aldridge and the Bulls 16th pick and use it on another big man Saer Sene with Sweetney included in the deal. All of a sudden the W's got a whole lot bigger inside!.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:43 am
Great!!!!. I want to do that, too!!!!!!

Just one problem, why in the hell would the Bulls trade both first rounders (a #2 overall pick, for god's sake) for Murphy and/or Pietrus?. And we would get Sweets, too...

Now, trading Pietrus alone for the second first rounder of the Bulls (#16 overall) could be a possibility. He fits a need for that team, and still has enough potential to be enticing for just a draft pick. I think that trade could happen.

Only problem is that I'm not sure there's anyone I'd like to pick at #16. Maybe Shawne Williams, but this draft is WEAK.
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:42 am
Ask the Chicago Tribune where they got that rumor from?. With the 2nd pick I'd take either Patrick or O'Bryant or Leon Powe who would be a lottery selection if he came out his junior yr...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:46 am
Anonymous wrote:Ask the Chicago Tribune where they got that rumor from?.

Oh, well, if it came from the Tribune, it's obvious Sam Smith is busy getting rumors out of his ass. Case solved.

Return to Trades