Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:19 pm
http://www3.realgm.com/src_wiretap_arch ... esurfaces/

Jermaine To Golden State Rumor Resurfaces
28th May, 2006 - 3:35 pm
New York Daily News - The Pacers are sticking behind coach Rick Carlisle and Mitch Lawrence is reporting the club intends to deal Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley. Two players staying, barring a change, are Peja Stojakovic and Danny Granger.

One possible destination for O'Neal is Golden State, in a package starting with Troy Murphy.

"A lot of teams out there like our players," said Golden State GM Rod Higgins.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:23 am
But can our players ever net us a superstar..........

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:57 am
If Indy will make the trade for Murphy and Pietrus, that's interesting. Obviously O"neal is an all-star and is 27, so in his prime. Would the Ws then move Diogu and for what? I would HATE to see Ike go, but since neither O'Neal nor Diogu can play the 3, there's not enough room. Reality is, Ike's best case upside is the kind of numbers O'Neal currently posts....That trade still leaves the Ws needing a shooter at the 3
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:01 am
I won't believe it till I see it. Bird aint' dumb enough to make this trade, unless it involves Ike or J-Rich. And I hope we ain't dumb enough to make that trade.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:51 am
TMC wrote:I won't believe it till I see it. Bird aint' dumb enough to make this trade, unless it involves Ike or J-Rich. And I hope we ain't dumb enough to make that trade.

really, bro? You wouldn't trade Ike for Jermaine? I am 2nd to none in my advocacy for Ike, but don't you think best case scenario, Ike will end up with the #s Jermaine puts up every year?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:53 am
But, in that case, we would have five more years of that player. It's more about age than talent.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:09 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:I won't believe it till I see it. Bird aint' dumb enough to make this trade, unless it involves Ike or J-Rich. And I hope we ain't dumb enough to make that trade.

really, bro? You wouldn't trade Ike for Jermaine? I am 2nd to none in my advocacy for Ike, but don't you think best case scenario, Ike will end up with the #s Jermaine puts up every year?

Good Point! Jermaine is already established and still young. He has at least another 10 years left at the level he's at.

If Diogu could be kept and Jermaine attained (which would never happen anyway), that would make the team pretty much complete and only a "decent" coach away from being a real contender

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:22 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Good Point! Jermaine is already established and still young. He has at least another 10 years left at the level he's at.

If Diogu could be kept and Jermaine attained (which would never happen anyway), that would make the team pretty much complete and only a "decent" coach away from being a real contender

10 more? I see 5-6 years at that level, but that's pretty awesome, and a threesome of BD, JRich and Jermaine would be major high octane. Not sure how you would find the PT to play both Ike and Jermaine, so my inclination would be to move Ike for a strong SF. Again, barring someone like Jermaine coming, Ike is the dude, but we know Jermaine has the #s we hope Ike will have...of course I just googled and there is zero new on this trade rumor, so probably just killing more cyber trees

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:48 am
:dontknow: I think it would be more natural moving Jermaine to center and playing Ike at the PF spot.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:31 am
I heard Rick Carlisle on Tony Bruno this morning and he was pretty unequivocal that Jermaine was not going anywhere. As for Peja, more equivocal...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:15 am
Yeah, I agree that moving him wouldn't make sense. I think it's more wishful thinking on our side than anything.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:29 pm
TMC wrote::dontknow: I think it would be more natural moving Jermaine to center and playing Ike at the PF spot.

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't want to give up more than Murphy, Fisher and either dun or this upcoming draft pick though

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:22 pm
TMC wrote:Yeah, I agree that moving him wouldn't make sense. I think it's more wishful thinking on our side than anything.

so are the Paul Pierce rumors dead, too? What about Peja? Really, we have 1 too many decent 4s and 1 too few decent 3s, ya know...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:32 am
coltraning wrote:so are the Paul Pierce rumors dead, too? What about Peja? Really, we have 1 too many decent 4s and 1 too few decent 3s, ya know...

Problem is, do you think those teams rate Murphy as good enough to trade one of those players for him?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:42 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:Yeah, I agree that moving him wouldn't make sense. I think it's more wishful thinking on our side than anything.

so are the Paul Pierce rumors dead, too? What about Peja? Really, we have 1 too many decent 4s and 1 too few decent 3s, ya know...

Peja is just a shooter and the Warriors don't need another one really but a good defender which Peja isn't. Pierce just ha dhis best season and so it would be difficult to get him without trading either Baron or JRich and some other core players.

The draft pick might get Carney who could be good enough for starting SF

Next

Return to News Articles