Pacers trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The fact here is that KG wants to go to a team that has enough talent left to contend for a championship and though our team has performed horribly, there is talented young players that are promising


Come on, we can't even get to the playoffs with our talent pool...



Because the coach is a disgrace and the organisation is as well! Not many players would want to play in the sort of environment that the Warriros players went through this season - Coach losing their respect, expectations not met, PG setting an example of not giving a rat's asre about the coach, awful starting SF having the nerve to say negative things about the team to the media!

A better coach, better atmosphere and motivation would have gotten this current group of players easily to the playoffs! Just playing Diogu more would have done it!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:22 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The fact here is that KG wants to go to a team that has enough talent left to contend for a championship and though our team has performed horribly, there is talented young players that are promising


Come on, we can't even get to the playoffs with our talent pool...



Because the coach is a disgrace and the organisation is as well!

I agree, it wasn't just Warrior players and VPs promising the Bay playoffs; it was basketball analysts. By any and all means, we should have made the post-season this year. Obvious, Baron Davis' injury hurt... as well as the breakout season for the Clippers and Artest's trade to Sacramento... but, prior to the season, we were the hot ticket to make the playoffs. And we still have the same team, so the talent is still there.

This season was horrible due to mismanagement on the coach's part moreso than anything. Monty supporters are gonna point fingers at Mullin or Davis or anybody else in a frantic attempt to salvage their sugar daddy's job, but the bottom line is that Mike Montgomery allowed the team to play immature basketball... and we fell apart in crunch time way too many times, we missed way too many free throws, and our defense was undisciplined. Those are our biggest woes. Those are the coaches' faults. We shouldn't be blaming our players or pretending like "they weren't talented enough to get to the playoffs", because that's not true.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:36 am
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.c om/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-060424smithonnba,1,6967832.col umn?coll=cs-bulls-utility


http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146327

another view.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:18 pm
Sounds like Indy fans are just as reluctant to lose O'Neal as we are with Richardson...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:04 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The fact here is that KG wants to go to a team that has enough talent left to contend for a championship and though our team has performed horribly, there is talented young players that are promising


Come on, we can't even get to the playoffs with our talent pool...



Because the coach is a disgrace and the organisation is as well!


I agree, it wasn't just Warrior players and VPs promising the Bay playoffs; it was basketball analysts. By any and all means, we should have made the post-season this year. Obvious, Baron Davis' injury hurt... as well as the breakout season for the Clippers and Artest's trade to Sacramento... but, prior to the season, we were the hot ticket to make the playoffs. And we still have the same team, so the talent is still there.



Exactly! This was the hottest team in the nba the last month of last season and if anything it got better by adding Diogu and Ellis!

Doesn't make sense that things went form great to quite bad with the same group of individuals! Montgomery just doesn't work here in the Warriors!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 pm
I agree... Montgomery was content with laying low in the shadows after the Baron Davis trade last season (which worked well, with Davis running the offense), but this year he seemed to want to snatch back the player's obedience from the floor general, with visible spats becoming obvious between Montgomery and Davis through their riggid, cold, on-court relationship... ultimately climaxing in Davis' refusal to play (or, at least, play to his fullest ability) for Montgomery.

The team worked better in the hands on Baron Davis because Baron was assertive, NBA savy, and willing to call out the big dogs if they made a mistake. Montgomery is the complete opposite; catering to the games of Dunleavy & Murphy (even when they're ice cold), reluctant to speak up at his players, and completely on the surface of another planet when it comes to how he runs the team during a game.

If the Warriors hope to be successful, they need to instate a coach with Davis' general-like approach... not Monty's laid back shoulder-shrugs.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:25 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:08 pm
#32 wrote:I agree... Montgomery was content with laying low in the shadows after the Baron Davis trade last season (which worked well, with Davis running the offense), but this year he seemed to want to snatch back the player's obedience from the floor general, with visible spats becoming obvious between Montgomery and Davis through their riggid, cold, on-court relationship... ultimately climaxing in Davis' refusal to play (or, at least, play to his fullest ability) for Montgomery.

The team worked better in the hands on Baron Davis because Baron was assertive, NBA savy, and willing to call out the big dogs if they made a mistake. Montgomery is the complete opposite; catering to the games of Dunleavy & Murphy (even when they're ice cold), reluctant to speak up at his players, and completely on the surface of another planet when it comes to how he runs the team during a game.

If the Warriors hope to be successful, they need to instate a coach with Davis' general-like approach... not Monty's laid back shoulder-shrugs.


Absolutely. This team needs a head coach to bring leadership to the team. Baron Davis has good savy and has some NBA experience and has had some superb seasons. Though he is not the hero or savior that many, including Mike Montgomery kind of deemed him to be. He is a player that has not yet developed the leadership of a Sam Cassell, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, etc. He also hasn't had the coach like Phil Jackson to teach him how to be the leader on the court. Baron's personallity kind of seems all laid back a little. He needs someone to push him. He doesn't need someone to rag on him all the time, but at least someone to push and especially challenge him. This is a foolish thought, but as a wish, I wish that Derek Fisher could have brought the kind of leadership Sam Cassell is bringing to the LA Clippers(though maybe more like the Blue Devils with Dukies like Brand, Maggette, Ewing, potentially Livingston if he went to college, etc.).

In my opinion, Mike Montgomery depended too much on Baron Davis, along with the starters/big paid players in general. This roster can win. They just didn't have the systems nor especially the leadership to do it. Jason Richardson is great and all. But he hasn't shown that special leadership ability. To be honest, nobody on the Warriors team or in the Warriors franchise has shown that special leadership abilitiy either. Maybe Mario Ellie or Keith Smart may have it. But outside of those possibilities, nobody else does have it.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:58 pm
#32 wrote:I agree... Montgomery was content with laying low in the shadows after the Baron Davis trade last season (which worked well, with Davis running the offense), but this year he seemed to want to snatch back the player's obedience from the floor general, with visible spats becoming obvious between Montgomery and Davis through their riggid, cold, on-court relationship... ultimately climaxing in Davis' refusal to play (or, at least, play to his fullest ability) for Montgomery.

The team worked better in the hands on Baron Davis because Baron was assertive, NBA savy, and willing to call out the big dogs if they made a mistake. Montgomery is the complete opposite; catering to the games of Dunleavy & Murphy (even when they're ice cold), reluctant to speak up at his players, and completely on the surface of another planet when it comes to how he runs the team during a game.

If the Warriors hope to be successful, they need to instate a coach with Davis' general-like approach... not Monty's laid back shoulder-shrugs.



Exactly!

A guy like Mario Ellie, considering he is Avery Johnson like, would be a perfect fit! No experience, no problem, plenty of playing experience and winning experience! Mario Ellie has the personality and attitude to succeed and get these bunch of player to follow him!

Pietrus and even dun would play better and the team would be a unit together, nothing like they were this season!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:58 am
ANYONE See JO's Game last night. 37pts 15rbs 4blks everyone has to be impressed he keeps playing like this and I don't see him being traded. Has a big man for GS ever had 37pts and at least 15 boards ever???
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:47 pm
His name was Wilton Norman Chamberlain... and, yes, he averaged higher numbers than those for seasons on end.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:18 pm
Clif25 wrote:To be honest, nobody on the Warriors team or in the Warriors franchise has shown that special leadership abilitiy either. Maybe Mario Ellie or Keith Smart may have it. But outside of those possibilities, nobody else does have it.
I disagree about where that "special leadership ability" exists on this team. Monty isn't the sort of emotional leader that guys like Reilly or Brown are. In essence he isn't trying to be the center of the team like those guys. He is the instructor, the teacher and he needs another personality to be the emotional leader, even his Stanford teams were that way (Brevin Knight, Arthur Lee, Casey Jacobson). Baron could be that personality but Baron is such a strong personality that it seems like he doesn't want to defer to Monty or listen to him in any way. Baron responds only to strength not to wisdom.

The perfect team leader to work with Monty, to be his coach on the floor is none other than Monta Ellis. He has a quiet confidence, a low-simmering relentlessness: he is the proverbial unstoppable force against the immovable object. He is also intelligent, patient, knows how to listen and has a hunger to learn. I think he will be the starting point guard after next season and he and Monty will be the brains that make the Warriors into perennial winners.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:21 pm
Jermaine is great but the team would have to give too much to get him, definately either one of baron or JRich. Bird is not that stupid and will probably hold on to Jermaine because you need a big man as a foundation
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:18 am
WTF ?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:38 pm
Spamming prick.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:46 pm
[quote="TMC"][/quote]

I really think you guys need to get together sometime and sort this out. I vote for a forum meeting, who's with me?
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron