DOES ANYBODY OPPOSE AQUIRING MAGGETTE ?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:48 pm
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it... but, for now, Baron Davis seems to be the point guard of the future for the Warriors.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:49 pm
Regardless, the trade would help us alot more then hurts us + we could throw in future picks (Phi's 07?). This also allows us to focus on PG's & 4/5's via draft and FA ---***030***---

BD/ELLIS/?/Dun(5-10 min if nec)
J23/CM/MP
CM/Dun/MP
Ike/Troy/Taft/Dun(5-10 min)
Dre/Taft/AF/Troy/Ike

+ 06 picks...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:39 am
I dont see how it would help us.

That above would be our "healthy" starting lineup. But for the other 40 games in the season, our lineup would be Ellis/Rich/Dun/Ike/Dre. We already got that. Why traded away a decent backup PG for an injury riddled youngster with no sign of healing anytime soon...?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:29 pm
Fish is very replaceable and Zarko's practically garbage. CM's only 26 and @ 7.2,7.8 & 8.4 for the next 3 seasons is very, very fair. The Fish experiment probably won't last another 2. While great PG's are hard to come by, 2nd/3rd stringers aren't---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:01 am
No, but GOOD 2nd or 3rd stringers are pretty much impossible to get. Aside from Brevin Knight (whose practically a starter), Antonio Daniels, and Bobby Jackson, I can't think of another backup point in Fisher's league. It keeps us dangerous, no matter whose on the floor.

Address the Maggette injury point that I've been bringing up. You seem to be dodging that. Why would we give up our most reliable, hardy player (Derek Fisher, the only Warrior to play in all 82 games) for someone who only plays half the time (and maybe less, if his ankle injury, that plagued his entire season, doesn't heal up, ala Grant Hill)? Why would we take that risk for a player whose (frankly) not even a superstar?

With Baron Davis, we gave up two expendable pieces that weren't helping us win to begin with. Derek Fisher (like him or not) is not expendable and helps us win. You'd need a much more solid player in order to convince me that dishing away (perhaps) the best backup point in the league is a good idea.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:04 pm
I mentioned his $$ & age in efforts to justify the injury situation. While Fish is good his value is declining every day, and like I said he's probably not gonna be here much longer anyways ( still has decent trade value ).---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:51 pm
zero3zero wrote:and like I said he's probably not gonna be here much longer anyways

What makes you say that? I haven't heard any rumors regarding a Fisher trade (save for the Artest trade, where we offered him with Murphy).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:11 am
zero3zero wrote:While Fish is good his value is declining every day

This pretty much summarizes the situation. If we could land Maggette for him, I'd do it in half a second.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 am
How does anybody come to the conclusion that Fisher's declining (especially after this season)??? He's in his 10th year, so he's only got 2-3 good ones left... but I'd hardly say he's declining! Hell, I think he played the best ball of his life this year!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:54 am
#32 wrote: I'd hardly say he's declining! Hell, I think he played the best ball of his life this year!

He did, but he's a 31 years old pg (32 by next season) with an escalating contract. He won't get any younger, so everything that's left is fighting against his decline. I'm sure he has those 2-3 years of good bball in him, but if there's a chance to trade him for a younger starting caliber SF (even if he's injury prone), I'd do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:12 pm
I just think that with an injury prone starting point (like Baron Davis), giving up our best alternative wouldn't be the best move. I think a Troy Murphy trade could solve our needs at SF a lot cleaner.

Sure, Monta would get more time at point... but, so far, that hasn't proven to be a good thing. Monta plays his best ball at SG. I like having Fisher on the roster because everytime Baron Davis loses his footing, you can flip a coin as to whether or not he'll sit the next 5 games with a sprained ankle, sore knee, or back spasms.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:41 pm
I'm not basing this off any rumors, just a semi logical trade scenario ( cuz we won't get a star ) and factored team needs. Win/win both ways and Sterling still saves $$ on the Zarko option ( resign Radman for 4-7 mill or Zarko? )---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:13 pm
TMC wrote:
zero3zero wrote:While Fish is good his value is declining every day

This pretty much summarizes the situation. If we could land Maggette for him, I'd do it in half a second.

He did, but he's a 31 years old pg (32 by next season) with an escalating contract. He won't get any younger, so everything that's left is fighting against his decline. I'm sure he has those 2-3 years of good bball in him, but if there's a chance to trade him for a younger starting caliber SF (even if he's injury prone), I'd do it.

BUT - Maggette is injuryprone and that is enough for me to stay away from him!

Fisher is still an asset and unless he is used to get someone more reliable, it is worth keeping him for another year.

His trade value is at it's highest though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:57 am
I'd also rather trade Murph before Fish, but I'm just saying that, if we have the chance to trade Fish for Mags, we should do it.

Anyway, I don't think it'll happen. The Clips probably will try to resign Casell and have Livingston from the bench... They need Maggette more than they need Fisher.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:15 am
Well they need a 2 off the bench who can shoot. Corey can but he's more of a slasher + he could fill up the 3... Yeah I know it won't happen---***030***---
PreviousNext

Return to Trades