Most Athletic Player in the NBA

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who is the most athletic player in the nba?

Lebron James
70%
Dwayne Wade
No votes
Kobe Bryant
No votes
Shaquille O'neal
No votes
Earl Boykins
30%

Total votes : 10

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm
#32 wrote:Yes, but the athletic quality of those 20 minutes a game is above 99% of the other players in the league. Zo's conditioning is more attributed to what his body will give him, rather than how hard he works. If he had good kidneys (and no nagging doctors), he could still log 35 minutes a game. He's in THAT good of shape (even in the twilight of his career).

Oh, well, then we agree. No need to argue.

It's a shame what happened to him. But, if you think about it, with a healthy Mourning Miami wouldn't have Wade... A blessing in disguise?...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:00 pm
Perhaps... but who knows? I think the biggest reason Wade is Wade is because of Stan Van Gundy. If Dwayne would have landed on a Larry Brown team or (God help us) the Warriors, he wouldn't have gotten any tick... and he might still be a Monta Ellis on the bench.

Anything is possible.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:24 pm
Wade would have been a star anywhere! Just can't keep a great player down and Wade has shown superstar ability and is better than Shaq, an alltime star

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:50 am
#32 wrote:Perhaps... but who knows? I think the biggest reason Wade is Wade is because of Stan Van Gundy. If Dwayne would have landed on a Larry Brown team or (God help us) the Warriors, he wouldn't have gotten any tick... and he might still be a Monta Ellis on the bench.

Anything is possible.

I don't have Stan at such a high regard. In fact, I thin Stan looked better than he really is due to having Wade on his team.

With that said, he's still way better than his brother. At least more balanced.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:34 am
I simply meant that Wade wouldn't have blown up so quickly and wouldn't be such a huge factor in the Heat's success without Van Gundy. I think Stan playing him his rookie year allowed a huge portion of his development to pass early on in his career.

Pat Riley certainly wouldn't have let Wade see the light of day as a rookie (maybe not even as a sophomore).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Sports Board