Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:42 am
I hope so, too...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:12 am
rsxracer wrote:the lakers without kobe are jus as bad as the sixers without iverson. so i hope you were kiddin about the suns worse without nash than lakers without kobe.

The Suns would decrease more than the Lakers would!

The Suns were stil the third best team in the conference and won 54 games! They can fall alot further than the pathetic Lakers who barely made the playoffs and won 45 games!

The Suns have many very good players compard to the Lakers but yet they are not capable of winning without him.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:05 pm
Okay, they can fall further than the Lakers... but only because the Lakers can't fall as far to begin with. LA would become a 20 win team with the next Lottery pick in the draft. The Suns would merely fall to the 6th or 7th seed.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:03 pm
The Suns would get nowhere near the playoffs without Steve Nash!!!!

That is why he is almost the clear cut MVP!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:19 pm
Amare, Marion, Diaw, Tim Thomas...

Pretty sure they would. If even a 6 seed (or possibly below).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:28 pm
#32 wrote:Amare, Marion, Diaw, Tim Thomas...

Pretty sure they would. If even a 6 seed (or possibly below).

Last season, the three or four games Nash missed, showed just how ost the Suns, with Amare, Marion, JJ and QRich were without Nash! They went from winning almost all the time and scoring 110pts a game to scoring under 90!!!!

This season, without Amare and replacements of JJ and QRich with Diaw and Bell, the Suns still did great and were third best in the West with 54 wins, not much less than the season before!

Tim Thomas was pretty garbage before playing in the Suns. Another testament to Nash making teammates better!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:05 pm
Tim Thomas has always been an under-rated player! When he's given decent playing time, he'll score 15 points (shooting 35-40% for three) and grab 5 rebounds, regardless of where he's at.

Steve Nash is a great player, I agree... but the Lakers minus Kobe would surely fall further than the Suns would without Nash. Can you imagine these two teams playing against each other with those two sitting out? LA would be slaughtered! It wouldn't even be a contest.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:08 am
migya wrote:Last season, the three or four games Nash missed, showed just how ost the Suns, with Amare, Marion, JJ and QRich were without Nash! They went from winning almost all the time and scoring 110pts a game to scoring under 90!!!!

Only for the style of bball that team plays. Barbosa is not suited to lead that team with an uptempo (no pun intended) style. Without Nash, they have to slow down the game, because they have no other pg able to run that team the way he does.

If they try to play the same way, they'll lose, because they don't really have a good defense (not even average), and they won't put up so many points without Nash.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:42 am
The supporting casts for LAL is much weaker than PHX. Marion's a notch above LO, period. The Suns would have a better record without their " MVP's ". KB8 shoulda won it---***030***---
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:36 pm
hahah the kobster choked!!!!!

got outscored by barbosa? he's the mvp? **** that! lebron is the mvp, but the fakers blew it and i'm loving it. I'M A WITNESS!!!

BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:28 am
speaking of kobe won kenobi - he did a COMPLETE disappearing act in the 2nd half of the game seven slaughter.

What's up? Did he give up? Lose heart? psyched by Raja?After 23 in the first half, 1 point on a technical... Very unMVP-like behavior...I think the young man has some deep emotional issues...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:48 am
only 3 field-goal attempts in the second half, this means two things:

a) raja bell is the best defender in the history of the universe.

b) kobe gave up on his team and was trying to make a "statement" at the worst possible time, game 7.

regardless, i'm utterly enjoyed that melt down. JORDAN never lost a series when he was up 3-1. i hope these jordan comparisons died right here, right now. ****ing ridiculous.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:33 am
drfrank wrote:only 3 field-goal attempts in the second half, this means two things:

a) raja bell is the best defender in the history of the universe.

b) kobe gave up on his team and was trying to make a "statement" at the worst possible time, game 7.

regardless, i'm utterly enjoyed that melt down. JORDAN never lost a series when he was up 3-1. i hope these jordan comparisons died right here, right now. ****ing ridiculous.

agreed. - if B is the option, Kobe is even more messed up than I thought. His avuncular sharing-caring act was a sham. Still, they sign someone like Peja next season the Kobes will be a true handful, keeping Kobe ball very much alive. Nice to see that 7 of the surviving 8 are team-first (not sure I'd put Miami in that category. Lebron is only me first by necessity, not inclination). One reason to love this game, it was about 10 points from being a Suns sweep, 2 Kobe shots from being 4-2 Suns and one Tim Thomas three from being an all LA series...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:59 am
drfrank wrote:regardless, i'm utterly enjoyed that melt down. JORDAN never lost a series when he was up 3-1. i hope these jordan comparisons died right here, right now. ****ing ridiculous.

Even though Jordan is arguably the best player to ever play the game, Jordan is not the alpha - omega of basketball. Someday, within our lifetime (hopefully), there is going to be another Jordan. As of now, it doesn't look like Kobe will fill those shoes, but comparing some of the young talent to Jordan is not unhealthy for basketball...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:51 am
I don't think there will ever be "another Jordan". I hope there's an "heir apparent' to Jordan, but that's different. That simply means I want another player to be able to take over the league and be the face of the NBA, displaying amazing skill and unbelievable talent during pretty much every contest (which is something Mike did). But I don't want another Jordan. I want something new. Fans of the Bird/Magic era didn't get a new Bird/Magic duo. They got MJ. Likewise, I'd rather not see the same fade-away jumper, 6'6" shooting guard routine done again.

Personally, I think it's just a matter of time before LeBron takes his spot as the rightful heir apparent to Jordan. Nobody belongs on that throne at the top of the NBA more.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board