Rockets Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 pm
#32 wrote:I've seen him play. He shows flashes of being a future star (more than Pietrus or Dunleavy... but, still, they're only flashes, at this point). His play is still sporadic. Atlanta will probably want to hang onto him unless they get a bargain in return. Troy Murphy (a possible 18 & 10 whose contract is average to high) is a damn good offer. When you throw in Pietrus, it becomes a bargain.

Make the Hawks front office believe that :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:30 pm
I'll leave that to Chris Mullin. Just seeing the names in the trade should do the trick.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:49 pm
Like I've said before, we the Warriors' fans think more of our players than others do! That is the case with every team's fans!

The Hawks will likely view Smith as their future star and Murphy as a weak white boy

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:02 pm
But GMs are also aware of the huge importance of proving yourself.

Right now, Josh Smith is 11 & 6 in starting minutes. Troy Murphy is 15 & 10 in the same amount (with less touches, too). Smith is a long-term gamble whose currently making all his money on potential. The chance to grab Murphy (whose currently a better player than Smith) and keep the same amount of potential (by aquiring Pietrus) should be more than enough to make the Hawks consider the offer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:10 am
migya wrote:The Hawks will likely view Smith as their future star and Murphy as a weak white boy

Hey, same as me. Am I a closet Hawks fan? :wink:

Nah, really, Josh Smith won't become a star unless he develops an outside shot (something he really needs) and better handles.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:54 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The Hawks will likely view Smith as their future star and Murphy as a weak white boy

Hey, same as me. Am I a closet Hawks fan? :wink:

Nah, really, Josh Smith won't become a star unless he develops an outside shot (something he really needs) and better handles.

He was bombing in some 2 threes a game for the last month of the season! He had not made many at all before the last 15 games or so and then he made so many! A guy that improves that fast is really interesting!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:47 pm
But, see, the last month and a half don't mean anything! Dunleavy's proven that to us time and time again!
Previous

Return to Trades