Josh Smith for Troy Murphy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:48 pm
He isn't. Don't worry. If Murphy was our future, we wouldn't have bawlked at the Ron Artest trade for Diogu.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:51 am
Also, we resigned Muprh because if not we would have lost him for nothing.

What's more, we didn't have Ike when we re-signed Murph, so it was a move we had to make.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 am
Mullin should explore the Hawks for a trade using Murphy to get Josh Smith, it could happen. I wouldn't mind getting Childress if Smith is untouchable. Childress is quite good also and might fit in well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:14 pm
Smith is a good one to go after... but, you're right, Childress would be a nice thing to walk away with, too.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Not for Troy though. If Josh can't be taken then there's no need to trade unless JJ's available or a near future 1st rounder---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:03 pm
JJ's not available.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:55 pm
zero3zero wrote:Not for Troy though. If Josh can't be taken then there's no need to trade unless JJ's available or a near future 1st rounder---***030***---

But Murphy really does have to be traded if Diogu is to get much more court time. That's the thing, otherwise Murphy would be great to keep.

I'd rather have Murphy traded in a package for a star like player or alone or in a small package for one or two defensive minded players. Trenton Hassell has been said to be a very good defender but not much else. He might be alright with some minutes at both SG and SF for defense but that is just a throw in the lake idea, he probably isn't good enough for Murpy unless Banks or Griffin comes with him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:21 pm
I'd trade Murphy for Hassell & Griffin... provided, they give us a draft pick or two, also.

Eddie Griffin is small enough to play the 3, but tough enough to play the 5. I like him as a starter above Dunleavy or Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:16 am
I like Hassell, he could be a great role player coming from the bench. And Griffin is an intriguing player. A lot of talent, but a bit of a headcase. Worth a try, as he has only a $2.7 million contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:53 am
TMC wrote:I like Hassell, he could be a great role player coming from the bench. And Griffin is an intriguing player. A lot of talent, but a bit of a headcase. Worth a try, as he has only a $2.7 million contract.

Only because Murphy is expendable! Things have been promising with him here and him being ahead of Diogu is the only real reason I'd trade him.

Hassell and Griffin I like only because they give very good defense and that is quite weak with the Warriors right now and that is what wins championships!

Previous

Return to Trades