Good trade with Indiana.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:28 am
Granger, IMO, is a keeper 4 Indy. If you were IND management, would you okay it? Probably not without a bunch of picks---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:32 am
Yeah, they probably view Granger in the same way that we view Diogu. But it doesn't mean he's there yet. As far as this trade's concerned, he's still an unproven rookie whose only flashed a few outstanding games.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:08 pm
And also, Granger will not get in the way of Diogu because he would play the 3. No worrys, he can easily do that, I was reading an Indiana Pacers blog and they were even thinking about putting him at 2.

I definately agree that Indiana is not going to just give up Granger. I think throwing in maybe one first round pick would make this irresistible to Indiana.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:44 am
I think this is the more biased trade I've read in this section.

DO IT!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:36 am
Indiana would never do this trade Baron can stay here J-Rich is really your only player of value without him not to many teams are gonna be willing to trade anyone of any quality and trust my when I say NOBODY WANTS FOYLE. That dude sucks and Granger ain't going anywhere.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:47 am
#32 wrote:I disagree. Baron Davis is a superstar and Troy Murphy is the 3rd best player in the trade. Granger & Sarunas trail Murphy's value by a mile. Plus, we throw in Pietrus as an added bonus? Sounds more than good enough for Indiana.

I just don't like throwing another roadblock in front of Ike.

But Granger is a potential star, more so than Murphy. Pietrus is a potentially great player but his value is unfortunately lower than it was last offseason. In all a good trade for the Pacers but they are losing a superstar big guy and they are harder to find than star guards.

Jermaine would have to be Center and so would not be ahead of Diogu

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:50 am
zero3zero wrote:Granger, IMO, is a keeper 4 Indy. If you were IND management, would you okay it? Probably not without a bunch of picks---***030***---

The Pacers would be smart to keep Granger for another two seasons at least and see if he can be a real star or not. The thing is that he plays SF and SJackson would have to be SG all the time and Peja would have to go. Granger right now is coming off the bench and that is not going to allow him to be a star at all

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:51 am
Anonymous wrote:Indiana would never do this trade Baron can stay here J-Rich is really your only player of value without him not to many teams are gonna be willing to trade anyone of any quality and trust my when I say NOBODY WANTS FOYLE. That dude sucks and Granger ain't going anywhere.

Baron Davis would be the greatest PG in the Pacers history!!!!

Yea, losing Jermaine would be alot but Baron is not garbage!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:21 am
Baron Davis would be the greatest PG in the Pacers history!!!!

Yea, losing Jermaine would be alot but Baron is not garbage![/quote]

Baron is trouble. Great player but he is trouble we just got rid of Artest and we have other charter issues we don't need another head case that might get upset and screw up our hole season like he did to the Hornets. I think Mark Jackson is better than Baron in my oppion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:39 am
Anonymous wrote:I think Mark Jackson is better than Baron in my oppion.

NO!!!!

Baron Davis is not the most passive personality but he is not in the same category as artest when it comes to bonehead attitude! Artest fuked up any chance of the Pacers winning anything this season!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:03 pm
TMC wrote:I think this is the more biased trade I've read in this section.

DO IT!!!!!

Exactly. We'd love it. They wouldn't.
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:18 pm
How about throwing in Biedrins and a first round draft pick? That would more than even out the trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:16 pm
I'd be against it, at that point. We'd be throwing away our future starting lineup for a power forward coming off his 10th NBA season. No thanks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:38 am
John Patrick wrote:How about throwing in Biedrins and a first round draft pick? That would more than even out the trade.

That seems good enough and Mullin would go for ir as Jermaine is a PF/C that is only 28 years old and has another 8 years left at the current level. The Pacers probably still wouldn't do this trade

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:18 am
Are you kidding? Indiana would get a young, hardworking with potential center. A decent power forward who is a good rebounder. A defensive stopper to replace Artest, and a great PG to complement Peja. And a draft pick. What's not to like?
PreviousNext

Return to Trades