Josh Smith for Troy Murphy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:34 am
Yeah, that's the best part about his game. And don't forget; he swats the hell out of several man-to-man matchups, too. He's a good, shot-blocking 3. That's rare in the league.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:40 pm
dunleavy, fish + a future #1 for meggette. clippers get daddys boy and a vet pg LA guy to play behind livingston(cassel is getting old)plus a #1 pick. in turn we get a very good athletic 3 who can slash. then trade murph for a couple basketballs and some gator-aid.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 pm
I'm completely against aquiring Magette. He's a poor man's version of JRich who hasn't been able to ever play a full schedule in the NBA (especially the last few seasons). He's missed a combined 128 games in barely a six year career! That's pretty much as bad as Baron Davis... only he's not nearly as talented as BDiddy and wont be nearly as cheap to get. There's no reason to drop Dunleavy and Fisher on a guy who'd never play.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:01 pm
Why would Atlanta do this. Its not like they were thinking about going into the playoffs next year. They dont care if they resign AL. They will just draft for a power foward. We would hav to add in our 1st rounder for that trade to happen. Im not even sure if that would cut it (People are saying Josh Smith is an allstar type player) I think josh childress would be a better fit for the trade #32 put up.
Warriors all the way in the future.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:53 pm
Josh Smith is inconsistent, raw, and streaky. Despite his high points, there are major flaws to his game. Pietrus has the same sort of billing as Smith; all-star talent that just needs to be harnessed. So, in the end, it becomes a Murphy for Pachulia trade... which, unless they were brain dead, Atlanta would pull the trigger on. They get a solid offensive player with league-best rebounding talent in exchange for a streaky defender with hops. I think a Murphy-Pietrus-Joe Johnson tandem would be far more effective in a half-court setting than Johnson, Harrington, & Smith. We've already seen for a fact that Murphy's stock shoots with a superstar point guard in the lineup. If Atlanta believes he can put up the crazy 20 & 10 numbers (he was getting with Baron Davis) alongside Joe Johnson, than they'd be stupid not to go for this.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:29 pm
The trade 4 JSmith is waay too nice for us ( Atl would be stupid ). Maggette's a GREAT FIT 4 US! He's relatively cheap for a 20+ scorer. I've been high on him for awhile. He's inked thru 08-09 maxing @ 8.4 mill. He's perfect. Fisher and Zarko for Maggette---***030***---

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:42 pm
#32 wrote:
We ditch Murphy to make room for Ike, while adding Pietrus (whom, I believe isn't what we thought he'd be) to sweeten the pot. In return, we'd nab Smith and a capable backup center. It works, cap-wise. This makes our new lineup:

PG: Davis/Fisher
SG: Richardson/Ellis
SG: JSmith/Dunleavy
PF: Diogu/Taft/Zarko
C: Biedrins/Pachulia/Foyle

Any takers?

Makes alot of sense, which is rarely found in the Trades section of this message board. This would make our team AND the Hawks better.
Now if we can only trade dunleavy after his annual season ending "breakout".....Id rather have Ike over Murphy and Smith is better than Dunleavy and Pietrus.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:02 am
zero3zero wrote:Fisher and Zarko for Maggette---***030***---

Good luck convincing Baylor to take that one...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:44 am
tradedunleavy wrote:
#32 wrote:
We ditch Murphy to make room for Ike, while adding Pietrus (whom, I believe isn't what we thought he'd be) to sweeten the pot. In return, we'd nab Smith and a capable backup center. It works, cap-wise. This makes our new lineup:

PG: Davis/Fisher
SG: Richardson/Ellis
SG: JSmith/Dunleavy
PF: Diogu/Taft/Zarko
C: Biedrins/Pachulia/Foyle

Any takers?

Makes alot of sense, which is rarely found in the Trades section of this message board. This would make our team AND the Hawks better.

I don't think it helps the Hawks much... Great for us, tho.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:34 pm
Why doesn't it help out the Hawks?

Atlanta runs a half court offense, where Murphy is at his best. Golden State (at least, when Baron runs the point) is a run & gun team (where Smith is at his best). Both Smith and Murphy seem out of place in their current lineups.

I'm honestly curious as to why people don't think Atlanta would improve...?

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:00 pm
Josh Smith is inconsistent, raw, and streaky. Despite his high points, there are major flaws to his game. Pietrus has the same sort of billing as Smith; all-star talent that just needs to be harnessed. So, in the end, it becomes a Murphy for Pachulia trade
So ur saying that MP is and willl be as good as josh smith. We would hav to giv them more
Warriors all the way in the future.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Josh is/will be way better than MP. ---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:11 pm
I agree... but Josh Smith in exchange for Troy Murphy is currently a fair trade. Adding Pietrus & Pachulia to the mix balances the contracts... and also gives Atlanta some incentive to pull the trigger.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:43 am
#32 wrote:I'm honestly curious as to why people don't think Atlanta would improve...?

I just don't like a Pachulia/Murph front court. It just looks too soft, and two players of the same kind (although I admit I haven't seen much of Pachulia).

It would be different if Atlanta had a Theo Ratliff (in his good years) to go with Murph and Zaza from the bench.

But it's their problem, if they like that trade, all the better for us.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:07 am
Josh Smith is star right now! His last month and a half were sensational! He was the best player on the Hawks in that time!

Smith is the best shotblocking SF in the nba and the best I've seen for some time. The Warriors need defense desperately and Smith is one player that can help that.

I reckon that the Hawks a really high on him and would never make this trade, especially with Harrington probably leaving.

If, and it is a big and likely unpopular if, the Warriors were to trade Baron, Pietrus and Taft for Smith, Childress, Lue and Pachulia, at least contractwise it would work. That leaves the team thin at PG but Monta is developing very well and Fisher was somewhat solid. Childress is also quite good and gives a swingman to bring off the bench as SG/SF. Lue is really a waste of money for the Hawks and Pachulia is somewhat also. Taft replaces Pachulia (Hawks could see the potential and not the injury plagued rookie season), Pietrus replaces Smith and the Hawks still have Marvin Williams and Baron becomes the star PG alongside JJohnson. Signing Al Harrington would then become a huge priority as a PF would be needed but the Hawks could also draft one.

New Warriors lineup:
PG - Fisher/Monta/Draft pick?
SG - JRich/Childress
SF - Smith/Dunleavy
PF - Diogu/Murphy/Zarko
C - Biedrins/Foyle

Murphy would have to be traded as he is still in front of Diogu!

Murphy and Fisher for Watson, Fortson, Seattle's 1st pick in this draft and (if Seattle agrees) in next years draft.
I think Watson is more a passing PG than Fisher and Fortson is an expirer. Murphy is worth at least one lottery pick and if the team can only get one from Seattle, I'd rather it be for next year's draft

New lineup:
PG - Watson/Ellis
SG - JRich/Childress
SF - Smith/Dunleavy
PF - Diogu/Fortson
C - Biedrins/Draft Pick?/Foyle

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Trades