Josh Smith for Troy Murphy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:47 pm
Our best shot at Josh Smith would be to trade Mickael Pietrus for him. They are both still on their rookie contracts, so their salaries are similar. To top it off, we could throw in Murphy for one or two of Atlanta's larger contracts. Say:

Golden State gets:

- Josh Smith (1 year)
- Zaza Pachulia (3 years)

Atlanta gets:

- Troy Murphy (5 years)
- Mickael Pietrus (1 year)

We ditch Murphy to make room for Ike, while adding Pietrus (whom, I believe isn't what we thought he'd be) to sweeten the pot. In return, we'd nab Smith and a capable backup center. It works, cap-wise. This makes our new lineup:

PG: Davis/Fisher
SG: Richardson/Ellis
SG: JSmith/Dunleavy
PF: Diogu/Taft/Zarko
C: Biedrins/Pachulia/Foyle

Any takers?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:10 am
sold!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:47 am
Take Pachulia out of the trade. I think Tyronn Lue could be a more feasible possibility. I'd rather have Pachulia, but he's been playing ok at center for Atlanta this season, so the trade would be more palatable for them without giving up Zaza.

If I were Atlanta, I would never do this trade, it would leave the team with the worst defensive front line of the NBA, but who knows, maybe Murph's good numbers alone can make them do it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:50 am
TMC wrote:Take Pachulia out of the trade. I think Tyronn Lue could be a more feasible possibility. I'd rather have Pachulia, but he's been playing ok at center for Atlanta this season, so the trade would be more palatable for them without giving up Zaza.

If I were Atlanta, I would never do this trade, it would leave the team with the worst defensive front line of the NBA, but who knows, maybe Murph's good numbers alone can make them do it.

I agree pretty much 100%. Pachulia is quite valuable to them because he actually played well this season. I like Smith very much but I'm still a believer in Pietrus, especially over dun. I'd do a trade to get Smith, even add Fisher and this draft's 1st round pick

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:13 am
#32, I like your idea, the only problem is that you still have Dunleavy on the team.
Smith has a world of potential, but I still haven't given up on Pietrus yet. I want to hang on the Pietrus at least one more season and get rid of Dunleavy at all costs...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:02 am
how would that make either team better? Atlanta sucks!!! and a trade like murphy/zaza is like trading a navel orange for a seeded one.

Dunleavy wants to play on his daddy's team. trade him for wilcox and a second rounder.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Big B wrote:#32, I like your idea, the only problem is that you still have Dunleavy on the team.
Smith has a world of potential, but I still haven't given up on Pietrus yet. I want to hang on the Pietrus at least one more season and get rid of Dunleavy at all costs...

Dunleavy would need to be traded to a different team. In order to get Josh Smith, we need to line him up with an equal contract (ie, Mickael Pietrus).

TMC wrote:Take Pachulia out of the trade. I think Tyronn Lue could be a more feasible possibility. I'd rather have Pachulia, but he's been playing ok at center for Atlanta this season, so the trade would be more palatable for them without giving up Zaza.

I figure that this team is probably not going to resign Al Harrington. This leaves an opening for them at PF. If they make this trade, they'll have Johnson & Murphy's offensive tandem to build on. To address their newfound issues at center, they could go after Joel Przybilla in the offseason. He had a good season in Portland... and I get the feeling he wants to bolt (seeing as that team's going nowhere). Since the Blazers spent all their cash on Randolph and Miles, Atlanta would probably be able to spend a tad bit more to lure him in. This makes Atlanta's lineup:

PG: Johnson/Lue
SG: Pietrus/Stoudamire
SF: Childress/DSmith
PF: Murphy/MWilliam
C: Przybilla/Edwards

Not a bad lineout, if you're Atlanta. Definately a step up from where they were this season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:15 pm
why? wrote:how would that make either team better? Atlanta sucks!!! and a trade like murphy/zaza is like trading a navel orange for a seeded one.

Dunleavy wants to play on his daddy's team. trade him for wilcox and a second rounder.

Wilcox is now in the sonics :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:16 pm
Big B wrote:#32, I like your idea, the only problem is that you still have Dunleavy on the team.

I also believe in Pietrus and see dun as a major problem but trading him right now is very difficult. Next season wil be easier contractwise I think

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:47 pm
why? wrote:how would that make either team better?

Um... JOSH SMITH?!? He would solve the Warriors' problems for a starting SF (while adding good team defense, which is also an issue). And Murphy would solve Atlanta's issues for a PF if Harrington bolts. He's a better rebounder... and just as good (if not better) of a scorer. It also moves Troy, giving Ike a chance to grow. Both teams bennefit.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:50 pm
For a start, but that leaves a hole in the C. Biedrins is definately not ready to start. We need a starting center.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:04 pm
I think Biedrins is about ready. Physically, he is a force already. The guy is strong, quick and incredibly active. He has pretty poor ball skills, but he is a rebounding machine and an improving defender.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:32 pm
Agreed. Biedrins is a better starting option at center.

But, by no means do I think that we should stop searching. Biedrins is fine (for now), but I'd like to upgrade the next chance we get. The less time Foyle gets, the better...

And, John Patrick, this trade is solely about patching up the small forward spot with us. I believe Biedrins is competent enough to play there without making himself look too bad (unlike Foyle). However, neither Pietrus or Dunleavy have proven that they can run with the ball in starting time. It's time to look for more options at the 3.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Josh Smith would more than solve the problems at SF. I reckon this guy will be allstar material next season already

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:59 am
love his help D
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Next

Return to Trades