3rd season
No votes
never
24%

Total votes : 21

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:30 pm
How long before Warriors fans and the press have soured on Mullin-in-charge?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:59 pm
I guess when I voted my "homer" side took over for a second. I guess the Run-TMC days can do that to a person. :oops:

I do think he'll get some leeway from both fans and media. Some of each, right or wrong, feeling that anything is a step up from St. Jean.

With that said, I'll give the honeymoon a season, unless they make the playoffs. Then it'll be a full-blown marriage.
Andris Biedrins > Mike Smrek

I'll take Air France over Air Canada anyday.

The Skita train is coming...wait, nevermind.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:40 pm
It'll never be over. St Jean has been removed as GM but will remain with the organization...as scapegoat. Anything which goes wrong will just be evidence of his having managed to temporarily re-exert his influence behind Mullin's back. The cosmic struggle continues...

Seriously, I'm optimistic that next year will be the start of a long run of winning seasons, in which case I think Mullin will be popular for a long time to come.

People will probably give him the benefit of the doubt for one year, but if things are looking ugly 18 months from now, fans will lose patience quickly.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:17 am
uteptwostep wrote:People will probably give him the benefit of the doubt for one year, but if things are looking ugly 18 months from now, fans will lose patience quickly.

I hope we're intelligent enough to have more patience than that. I know we have suffered a very long time already, but we are possibly going to be very weak at the two most key positions PG (if NVE decides to pout and Speedy is injured again) and C (if we are unable to sign Foyle or Dampier).

The key thing I am looking for is a clear direction for the franchise. The past 10+ years have involved IMO a lot of guessing and meddling by Rowell and Cohan. I hope they have learned their lesson and will adhere to the organizational structure they have laid out.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:42 pm
OaktownWarrior wrote:...
The key thing I am looking for is a clear direction for the franchise...

second that.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:23 pm
bump

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:33 pm
Another year or two without serious headway towards a title.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:29 am
Eventually the monotony of winning 82 games and going 16-and-0 in the playoffs year after year will wear on the fans patience. Stern will ask Mully to step down for the good of the league, and to preserve the Celtics record for consecutive titles.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:53 am
The way i see it is our hiearchy is set for contention in upcoming offseasons and drafts. we have a solid network who will make the ideal picks ( and i expect some bold moves through drafts as well )

But the biggest change i think the new hiearchy will bring is the competitive drive will flourish . A lot has been praised on Musselman doing this but i think it will boil down to that with the players looking up to new figures in the front office and the team being a very young core unit. Players will want to prove themselves, a clean slate of proving that his the marquee player.

I think seen we have tanked it for over a decade . I predict the season we make the playoffs is the season where we go deep into it to like say the conference finals ( call me crazy, But we have the firepower and defense to blow any team out of the water.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:30 am
bump for Foyle deal
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:44 am
no one voted for offseason.....LOL

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:53 am
"Trust in Mully"....until he gives Foyle 2 million dollars a year more than Adonal deserved......let the whining and bashing warrior fan ritual begin a new cycle. :oops:

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
Congratulations to those of you who chose the correct answer, "off season" :D

Oh, wait. That would be nobody. :shock:
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:16 am
bump
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:16 am
seems like most of the reaction from this trade is positive, i've seen a few negative opinions on other boards, but I think the general opinion on this one is positive. I tend to be in the majority who have been happy with everything this offseason with the exception of the Fisher signing.

This is a deep team...yeah we don't have any superstars but the days of Dan Leschi, Rusty LaRue, and Sam Jacobson are over.

PG: Speedy, Fisher, Flores
SG: JRich, Pietrus
SF: Dunleavy, Cheaney
PF: Murphy, CRob, Laettner, Najera, Biedrins
C: Foyle, DDavis

You could take a lot of these guys and put them in other positions, but you get the idea.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball