New Jersey trade...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:34 pm
Here is a nice trade that drastically improves our chemistry and sheds some serious contract:

Warriors give:

Baron Davis
Troy Murphy

New Jersey gives:

Jason Kidd
Jeff Mcginnis

New Jersey needs some front-court help and Troy Murphy is a NJ native. Jason is from Oakland, and is not injury prone like Baron. Plus being in the twilight of his career he could be a perfect mentor for Monta Ellis. Plus being a pass first point guard is something our team could really use. New Jersey is looking to get rid of Mcginnis' contract and he could ride our bench for a year until it expires. Or maybe he would handle the ball more as a back-up instead of Fisher, allowing Fisher to be more of a shooter. We get a lot more veteran and I think we instantly become a playoff team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:40 pm
Interesting but you said with the fact that Kidd is near the end of his career and so this is not a move for the future at all! It is a bit of a quick fix!

We could get far more for Baron and Murphy. Jermaine for those two sounds fair if not favoring the Pacers!

NO TO THAT TRADE!

Pierce is the best chance, with Garnett also if the bidding is right

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 pm
Baron Davis is a cranky, injury prone player...coming off another injury shortened year...and getting close to 17 mil to be cranky and injured. As for Kidd, I think he's still good for at least a season or two and I expect Monta will be ready to start at the point in no time flat. It's a good trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:52 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:Baron Davis is a cranky, injury prone player...coming off another injury shortened year...and getting close to 17 mil to be cranky and injured. As for Kidd, I think he's still good for at least a season or two and I expect Monta will be ready to start at the point in no time flat. It's a good trade.

This isn't a time to be going after aging players that are near retiring age!!!!!!! Players who can produce and are willing to sign long term contracts so they can contribute to the team for years to come are what is needed!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:03 pm
Right now we are in no position to be signing any more long term contracts. The only contracts we can sign are players already here or our mid-level exception which isn't much money. We need to do a little cleaning house of some bad blood and I think you are really selling J-Kidd a little short. He's relatively durable, big and strong and still is very productive. Right now he plays on a squad where two other guards take almost all the shots and so his numbers are just slightly down. I think he would be perfect for a young Warriors squad.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:25 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:Right now we are in no position to be signing any more long term contracts. The only contracts we can sign are players already here or our mid-level exception which isn't much money. We need to do a little cleaning house of some bad blood and I think you are really selling J-Kidd a little short. He's relatively durable, big and strong and still is very productive. Right now he plays on a squad where two other guards take almost all the shots and so his numbers are just slightly down. I think he would be perfect for a young Warriors squad.

The Warriors have a chance to build a team that is not only good now but will be good for the next 5 to 10 years! Kidd will not be around more than 3! Yea he passes great and makes his team real good but that won't last long enough and not long enough for the team to be real championship contenders.

I'm all for trading Baron but only if a real star is grabbed or a star AND a decent, fairly young PG. The duo of Baron and Murphy is capable of getting far more than that! I'm thinking Jermaine for these two is a bit of a steal for the Pacers!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:53 am
migya wrote:I'm all for trading Baron but only if a real star is grabbed or a star AND a decent, fairly young PG.

Agreed. Kidd was a star, but age is a b*tch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:54 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm all for trading Baron but only if a real star is grabbed or a star AND a decent, fairly young PG.

If your an old cuunt that is :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:03 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, if you're one, I guess age doesn't really matter that much. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, if you're one, I guess age doesn't really matter that much. :mrgreen:

It does cause you wish you were young

Return to Trades