hawks possiblity

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:54 am
migya wrote:JJ is good and has shown that he can be a very good PG but I don't know whether he could defend the great PG all the time


He'd be our best defender, at least. And he would play the 3 for us.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. It's not going to happen.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:04 am
Not giving up Baron without having some sort of PG replacement that is decent! Fisher is not and Monta hasn't shown enough as a PG yet

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
» Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:46 pm
PP and Allen. I know he's not a true point guard, but I like his game and see him as a young/athletic Buckner.---***030***---
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:54 am
Joe Johnson

There's no getting this guy. Every game last season, he looked more and more like the star Atlanta was hoping for (and, even more important, the star they were paying for). The Hawks are drafting their team around Johnson, so he's untradeable for now. Clear cut red light.

Al Harrington

We've discussed this guy a billion times and everybody always agrees that Murphy and Harrington are the exact same player. Harrington doesn't solve our inside toughness woes, so why would we trade down in rebounding ability? Murphy and Harrington (statistically... and how big their impact would be in Golden State) are both identical. There's no reason to pursue Harrington whatsoever. Red light.

Josh Smith

This guy I do like. In fact, I was hoping Harrington would sign elsewhere this offseason (leaving the Hawks without a credible starting PF). That alone would make Troy Murphy look more attractive in a trade. Smith was incredible during the final month of the season; finally playing like the future all-star Atlanta has billed him as. The Hawks are pretty high on this guy, so Murphy may need to be accompanied by a friend or two in order to persuade Atlanta into seeing things our way. All things considered, he's the most available, helpful, realistic option for our troubles at SF. Green light for Josh Smith.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:10 pm
#32 wrote:All things considered, he's the most available, helpful, realistic option for our troubles at SF. Green light for Josh Smith.



It would take alot to get Josh Smith from the hawks. Right now he and JJ are the best players there and essential for their future unless other great players can be attained.

Also, with the rookie contract that Smith has, trading Murphy for him is difficult.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:52 pm
I agree... but he's easier to get our hands on than Johnson and would help a whole lot more than Harrington. If the Warriors could swing a trade for him (leaving out the usual untouchable pieces: Diogu & Richardson), I'd be all for it.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:47 pm
#32 wrote:I agree... but he's easier to get our hands on than Johnson and would help a whole lot more than Harrington. If the Warriors could swing a trade for him (leaving out the usual untouchable pieces: Diogu & Richardson), I'd be all for it.



Difficult to do because of Smith's small contract. I love Pietrus but I'd probably give him, Taft and this draft's 1st pick if the Hawks would take that
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:04 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:I agree... but he's easier to get our hands on than Johnson and would help a whole lot more than Harrington. If the Warriors could swing a trade for him (leaving out the usual untouchable pieces: Diogu & Richardson), I'd be all for it.



Difficult to do because of Smith's small contract. I love Pietrus but I'd probably give him, Taft and this draft's 1st pick if the Hawks would take that


I don't think they'd take, but probably a Murph + our first rounder for Smith and fillers would do the trick. They're reaaaaaaally thin up front. I just don't know if we would be giving up too much. Smith's last moth has been impressive, but the rest of the season... :?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:04 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Difficult to do because of Smith's small contract. I love Pietrus but I'd probably give him, Taft and this draft's 1st pick if the Hawks would take that


I don't think they'd take, but probably a Murph + our first rounder for Smith and fillers would do the trick. They're reaaaaaaally thin up front. I just don't know if we would be giving up too much. Smith's last moth has been impressive, but the rest of the season... :?



Josh Smith is very much an up and coming player! He has star written all over him!

Murphy has got a far bigger contract so it would be hard to that trade. Pachulia is alright and I wouldn't mind getting him as one of the fillers.


A possible trade:

Murphy, Fisher and Taft for Pachulia, Lue and Smith.
Warriors get Smith as the SF we need, Pachulia, a decent Center and Lue who is not bad and only has 2 years left on his contract. Hawks get Murphy, a great rebounder which they need, Fisher who is a decent PG and they don't really have one right now and also taft, who I'd rather not give but he is big and has shown potential and that might be enough to make the Hawks give Smith
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:24 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:I agree... but he's easier to get our hands on than Johnson and would help a whole lot more than Harrington. If the Warriors could swing a trade for him (leaving out the usual untouchable pieces: Diogu & Richardson), I'd be all for it.



Difficult to do because of Smith's small contract. I love Pietrus but I'd probably give him, Taft and this draft's 1st pick if the Hawks would take that


I don't think they'd take, but probably a Murph + our first rounder for Smith and fillers would do the trick. They're reaaaaaaally thin up front. I just don't know if we would be giving up too much. Smith's last moth has been impressive, but the rest of the season... :?

My thoughts exactly...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests