Warriors-Knicks

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:20 pm
Golden State Warriors

Incoming Players

Photo: Jalen Rose (EXPIRING CONTRACT for 2006-2007)
Jalen Rose
Salary: $15,694,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.3 REB: 2.9 AST: 2.5 PER: 13.95

Outgoing Players: Adonal Foyle, Mike Dunleavy, Zarko Cabarkapa

New York Knicks

Incoming Players

Photo: Adonal Foyle
Adonal Foyle
Salary: $7,312,500 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 4.5 REB: 5.5 AST: 0.4 PER: 10.37

Photo: Mike Dunleavy
Mike Dunleavy
Salary: $4,506,261 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 11.5 REB: 4.9 AST: 2.9 PER: 12.51

Photo: Zarko Cabarkapa
Zarko Cabarkapa
Salary: $1,404,360 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.3 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 9.93

Outgoing Players: Jalen Rose

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Purely a cap release trade. It's decent. If somehow we land Gay, I'd pull the trigger in an instant !---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:32 am
And NY wants to do this because...??? Help me. I still don't get it.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:53 am
TMC wrote:And NY wants to do this because...??? Help me. I still don't get it.

Because they're the Knicks?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:23 am
The Knicks always trade to improve the overall talent of the team, regardless of cap impact or chemistry, and this trade doesn't make them a better team.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:42 pm
TMC wrote:The Knicks always trade to improve the overall talent of the team, regardless of cap impact or chemistry, and this trade doesn't make them a better team.

Any change for them would make them a better team!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:49 pm
TMC wrote:The Knicks always trade to improve the overall talent of the team, regardless of cap impact or chemistry, and this trade doesn't make them a better team.

Any change for them would make them a better team!

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:06 am
well Larry Brown wants to go after Ratliff a defensive center if he cent get him maybe Foyle might be good consolation. Zarko could be great inevestment for their future. Dunleavy just there to make up the numbers :P
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:45 am
I absolutely want noone from the Knicks! I would however be open to a three team trade such as where Baron and Murphy go to the Knicks, Francis, Rose and Curry go to the TWolves and Garnett comes to the Warriors! :)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:49 pm
I'd give up AF for Taylor + our second rounder this year or next. It helps NY's D + they'd aquire young talent. Helps us the most though.---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:16 pm
zero3zero wrote:I'd give up AF for Taylor + our second rounder this year or next. It helps NY's D + they'd aquire young talent. Helps us the most though.---***030***---

How???? ..Unless Taylor is an expiring contract I wouldn't do it!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:45 am
Jalen Rose

A rather large expiring contract in exchange for nobody we'd really miss. He'd give us what's left of his offensive game in a starting small forward role, that would probably be surprisingly spry for a player we're aquiring purely for a cap release. I like the idea of grabbing Jalen Rose (as an expirer) because it's a quick fix at one of our poorest positions, while giving us veteran leadership and solid defense. As far as Golden State's concerned, we can't lose. The trade gets the green light from here.

However

Mike Dunleavy, Adonal Foyle, & Zarko Cabarkapa

No doubt, the biggest turn-on in this trade for the Knicks is Foyle. New York aquires a smashmouthed center, willing to do the dirty work with no offensive payoffs, who could spell Eddy Curry during regular games and play before him against more intimidating forces (like Shaq or Duncan). The problem is, he's not the best blue-collar player out there... but he's probably the most expensive. On top of that, his hands are made of chicken grease, so he's bound to screw up a few plays on the offensive end (but, if he comes off the bench, it'll be less noticeable than it is in Golden State). If I were New York, I'd start listening when Golden State offered up Foyle...

Here's where the trade goes south. Mike Dunleavy is, theoretically, the same player as Quentin Richardson... only he hasn't proven anything yet. His hot streaks make him attractive, but any team would cringe at his pricetag. No matter how sold the Knicks are on Foyle, Dunleavy can only be seen as baggage (and pricey baggage, at that). Topping it off is Zarko Cabarkapa, whose still a project at this point... but he's been semi-successful in limited minutes (and his contract costs a nickel a day). Zarko's nothing more than a warm body in this trade. In the end, New York would probably rather spend Jalen's expiring 15.5 million elsewhere. They can get a smashmouthed big man on the market in Marc Jackson or Mike Sweetney when Jalen's contract goes out the window. Jackson would be cheaper, younger, and more productive than Foyle. For that reason, New York should give this trade the red light.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Trades