Pacers trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:15 pm
Any trade for a top flight PF is going to start with Ike Diogu. For that reason, right now I just don't want it to happen.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:06 am
Murphy is not garbage and GMs like McHale would covet him. Fisher also would be seen as a productive veteran so there are many pieces to use to get Garnett!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:52 am
migya wrote:Murphy is not garbage and GMs like McHale would covet him. Fisher also would be seen as a productive veteran so there are many pieces to use to get Garnett!

I'd love to see a Baron + Murph for KG.... Do it, McHale!!!!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:56 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is not garbage and GMs like McHale would covet him. Fisher also would be seen as a productive veteran so there are many pieces to use to get Garnett!

No need to give up Baron when there is three or four good players to give. Murphy, Dunleavy (or even Pietrus), Fisher and this draft's 1st round pick is alot of talent. I'd throw in Baron if Banks was also included with KG :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:24 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

No need to give up Baron when there is three or four good players to give. Murphy, Dunleavy (or even Pietrus), Fisher and this draft's 1st round pick is alot of talent. I'd throw in Baron if Banks was also included with KG :mrgreen:

There is a need to give up Baron. I guarentee the Timberwolves won't lose Garnett for a handful of nobody's. We'll need to throw in JRich or Baron (and don't fall back on the imaginary wish of 'Garnett's forcing a trade, so Minny will have to take what they can get for him'... that's not true. Artest forced a trade and Indy took months to get it done with. If you're Minnesoda, you'll do the same thing and sit Garnett for a couple months, if need be, to grab the best player... and I guarentee teams will be willing to pay more than Murphy and fillers for the best player in the league.) The Timberwolves will need some incentive if we are to pursue Garnett properly.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:28 am
Exactly, our only big incentives are Baron and J-Rich. And I (and probably most other fans) would rather trade Baron than J-Rich.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:39 pm
Chicago Tribune columnist Sam Smith: "So what gets it done? Perhaps a major deal that sends O'Neal and Stephen Jackson to the Warriors while Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy and Derek Fisher are sent to the Pacers, with secondary names uncertain."

I like it, but I just don't see the Pacers biting. Is the view around the league really that Murphy approaches somebody like O'Neal?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:43 pm
No, which is why we'd be sending JRich in the trade. I say no. Stephen Jackson for Murphy & Fisher? Sure. Great. Do it. But once JRich's name gets thrown into the mix, I shut down. He's on track to increase his scoring for the 6th year in a row! I'd be clinging onto that talent if I were the front office.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:08 pm
All-Star quality power forwards are worth more than the same quality shooting guards. J-Rich is great but I get the impression that Warriors fans like him better than anybody else in the league does.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:18 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:All-Star quality power forwards are worth more than the same quality shooting guards. J-Rich is great but I get the impression that Warriors fans like him better than anybody else in the league does.

I believe you are on point here. The Warriors have no defesive big men. J-Rich, Murphy and the first round pick for JO is cheap and I don't know if the Pacers would be willing to do this trade. But I can promise you that if J-Rich is not in the trade there is not trade possibility at all. :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:All-Star quality power forwards are worth more than the same quality shooting guards. J-Rich is great but I get the impression that Warriors fans like him better than anybody else in the league does.

Why are you so quick to give up on Diogu? If teams are so interested in him (interested enough to give up Ron Artest), than he must have something big coming up in his career. Why waste a perfectly good prospect whose shown game every single time he's put into the action by aquiring a 10-year vet, with less mileage, whose injury prone?

Ike Diogu is the choice for the future and many teams (not simply Golden State) believe he'll be huge in time. With that in mind, I'd say we've got power forward covered for the next 10 years (save for a backup). What we really need to focus on getting is a center and small forward, so lets save our best bargaining chips for that.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:26 pm
I think Diogu and Ellis are on-par to be star players. I absolutely don't give up on him, just saying that J-Rich/Murphy/Fisher for O'Neal is a pretty good bargain for the Warriors. Truthfully I'd rather see Diogu starting out there next year then O'Neal. I'd really rather see O'Neal as the C with Diogu as the PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

There is a need to give up Baron. I guarentee the Timberwolves won't lose Garnett for a handful of nobody's. We'll need to throw in JRich or Baron (and don't fall back on the imaginary wish of 'Garnett's forcing a trade, so Minny will have to take what they can get for him'... that's not true. Artest forced a trade and Indy took months to get it done with. If you're Minnesoda, you'll do the same thing and sit Garnett for a couple months, if need be, to grab the best player... and I guarentee teams will be willing to pay more than Murphy and fillers for the best player in the league.) The Timberwolves will need some incentive if we are to pursue Garnett properly.

But Garnett would want to go to a team that still has enough talent to be a championship contender! If alot of teams offer the majority of their talent, they will not be any better than the TWolves are now and that is not what KG wants!

Imagine the Mavs give Dirk straight up or dirk and say, Daniels. The Mavs are still good but they will not be better and maybe even worse. That is the best case scenario, a team like the Mavs and that deal would never hapen because the star, Dirk, would not agree and probably hold out! Another example is the Cavs. If they want to keep Lebron and get KG, they'll have to give Illgauskas, Gooden or Marshall and Hughes or Murray, at the very least! That would deplete that team and they would not really be contenders, unless freeagents want to go there (which would have to happen). Another example is the Lakers (there are many examples but my point is easily seen). They'd have to give up Odom, Kwame, Mihm and Tuiaf or something like that and, besides Odom, that is not a good package at all! The Lakers would be nothing more than Kobe and Lebron with nothing around them! That is not what KG wants!

The Warriors are one of the only teams that can have enough good players on their team that they can trade 3 or 4 of them and still have a fair amount of talent left! If Murphy and Dunleavy (starters), along with Fisher (starts sometimes) and this draft's 1st pick (likely 9th). Throw in Taft if needed or Baron, as long as Banks gets thrown in as well. McHale has to understand that KG does not want a change of scenery but wants a chance to win a championship! That is not easy!

The only other team I think that can offer great talent and still have enough left around KG to contend is the Suns! They could offer Marion, Bell and JJones or one other bench player. That is very good talent and could actually work well in the TWolves and make them win more. KG would be PF in the Suns with Amare Center and Diaw SF. The Suns would definately be championship caliber.

The fact here is that KG wants to go to a team that has enough talent left to contend for a championship and though our team has performed horribly, there is talented young players that are promising

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:26 pm
J23's staying put---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:40 am
migya wrote:The fact here is that KG wants to go to a team that has enough talent left to contend for a championship and though our team has performed horribly, there is talented young players that are promising

Come on, we can't even get to the playoffs with our talent pool...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades