Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2006-04-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:06 pm
hahhahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!

"adonal foyle, popular wherever he goes." - fitz

wow, that was precious. i knew he was saving a good joke until the end of the season.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:20 pm
Ellis...Ike...Dun...J23...BD...Dre...I honestly believe we'll do something great next year. Lets look long term. Taft is the darkhorse, BD's the key and Troy isn't THAT terrible...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:21 pm
I absolutely love Ike's offensive game.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:22 pm
Dun should take Matt all the time.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:25 pm
It's almost like he has that aggressive mentality, along with Dre and Taft. Thats a very good core of bigmen. Ike....that was a very good dunk. Whoa !

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:26 pm
Monta has alot of talent...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:27 pm
Up by 6, Ike and Monta leading the charge. I'm really impressed. GET WELL SOON CHRIS !---***030***---

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:53 pm
Some thoughts...Biedrins, as a physical presence is dominant. Unfortunately his skill level is not yet there to take advantage of his talent...Loving the battle of the second round high schoolers. CJ Miles is longer and has a good looking stroke but Monta is more explosive and better handling the ball, gotta go with Monta but Miles is a keeper for Utah...All you anti-Monty idiots, it's gotten to the point you would rather see the team fail than see Monty do well, one of you genius' actually said Monty wouldn't be the coach at the end of next season when we go to the playoffs. So they improve to the point where they make the playoffs AND Monty gets fired mid-season. I am SO glad Mullin is smarter than most of you birth defects...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:All you anti-Monty idiots, it's gotten to the point you would rather see the team fail than see Monty do well, one of you genius' actually said Monty wouldn't be the coach at the end of next season when we go to the playoffs. So they improve to the point where they make the playoffs AND Monty gets fired mid-season. I am SO glad Mullin is smarter than most of you birth defects...

How can you possibly stay loyal to Montgomery after he's done spitting in your face as a Warriors' fan this season?

Ignoring your ignorance on the subject of how badly Monty has failed, how can you try to pass off the success of our rookies (who are just beginning to see floor-time) as something instigated by Montgomery?

Baron Davis is injured (which has forced Monty to play Ellis 15 minutes a night for some time now) and who shines brighter? Monta Ellis or Derek Fisher? Any idiot has to admit that Ellis has been way more effective during his minutes than Derek Fisher... and what does Montgomery do? He waits until we're stastically out of playoff contention to give Ellis major minutes (aka, 25 a game). Genius!

Troy Murphy has been nothing but cheap rebounds for the past month. Forget his 15 points a night; that's a thing of the past. He's been ending nights with box scores of 2 & 12, 5 & 10, 4 & 9 for the past few weeks! Any moron with half a brain would explore other options (such as an offensively dominant rookie whose proven to play better defense, both as a team player and by himself, than the current starter). But what does Montgomery do? He gives Ike 8 lousy f*cking minutes a game until Troy Murphy gets a tummy ache with 5 games left (forcing Montgomery to give Ike more time). And even then, at first, Montgomery would rather play Mike f*cking Dunleavy at power forward than give in to the fans clamoring for the return of Ike into the rotation. With less than 8 games left, Ike Diogu explodes in his newfound role with over 20 minutes a game (averaging 15 points, 7 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks in 24 minutes a game since April 8th)! To compare, Murphy averages 14, 10, and 0.4 in 10 more minutes a game!!! But it took Montgomery all season to finally discover this!

How can anybody as blind as you possibly have the balls to try and call any of us birth defects?! You clearly have no idea what the hell is going on (coaching-wise) with the Warriors... and that's pretty scary, considering it's been the biggest failure all year. Write one of us "anti-Montgomery idiots" a note when Monty does anything but stop the most anticipated comeback team of the year (at the beginning of the '05-'06 season) dead in it's tracks... so badly to the point of regression. Yeah. He's that bad.

Fire Montgomery now. For the good of the Warrior Nation.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:18 pm
Monta looks like a point guard now. Let's move Baron and start Monta. He's ready.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:30 pm
jerry sloan is amazing.
the better coach won tonight.
but it doesnt take a lot to beat an under-coached mike montgomery team.

thinkingwarriors, you're the idiot.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:Some thoughts...Biedrins, as a physical presence is dominant. Unfortunately his skill level is not yet there to take advantage of his talent...Loving the battle of the second round high schoolers. CJ Miles is longer and has a good looking stroke but Monta is more explosive and better handling the ball, gotta go with Monta but Miles is a keeper for Utah...All you anti-Monty idiots, it's gotten to the point you would rather see the team fail than see Monty do well, one of you genius' actually said Monty wouldn't be the coach at the end of next season when we go to the playoffs. So they improve to the point where they make the playoffs AND Monty gets fired mid-season. I am SO glad Mullin is smarter than most of you birth defects...

The warriors are 9-23 in games decided in the last two minutes. Now that indicates a coaching problem
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:41 pm
Perfect way to play this game! We get big nights from Diogu and Ellis and lose the game for the higher pick :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:43 pm
looking forward to a great off season guys. i will be back posting previews next season!

...and i'll probably change my avatar
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:47 pm
drfrank wrote:jerry sloan is amazing.
the better coach won tonight.
but it doesnt take a lot to beat an under-coached mike montgomery team.

thinkingwarriors, you're the idiot.

Amen.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads