portland trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Role Player
Posts: 230
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:25 am
so i hear that miles and randolph wants out of portland...these guys are max contract players i think...any interest?...keep in mind portland was worst than us...so they might not have anything to offer...but miles for dunleavy and mp sounds okay...dun can go home and mp isn't panning out as a starter...i still like mp but he was horrible this season...atleast miles can play and score...he takes it hard to the rim too...as for randolph he can come back to cali...but is he better than troy? and will he demand for the ball more...hmmmm?

thoughts...
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:30 am
Zack Randolph

There's really no need to grab him now. Ike Diogu is already just as vicious under the boards, his post game will eventually surpass Randolph, and he's not nearly as big of an off-court risk. He's also an injury toss-up. Besides, Randolph is untradeable (the Blazers are building around him). He'll be in Portland at least another 2 years before they entertain trade ideas. I give this idea the red light.

Darius Miles

Miles came out with an impressive start to the season, but played a shortage of games due to injury. He's moody, streaky, unreliable, and battles motivational issues every season. He has the potential to be a Top 15 player in the league... but that's been his tag since his days on the Clippers. If Portland is crazy enough to make a trade for their hometown hero (Dunleavy), I'd give this trade the go-ahead. But anybody else is pushing it. Therefore, this trade gets the yellow-light.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 pm
I don't want Randolph. No way. I'd rather trade Baron for Marcus Banks instead of trading for Randolph. :mrgreen:

You trade for Randolph and next thing you know is he has murdered Monty for looking weird at him during a free throw. Now that I think of it, it may not be so bad...

Miles, on the other side, doesn't have a max deal, quite the contrary, he has a similar deal to our Dun (with one less year), and could be a great addition, but only for the right player (Dun or Pietrus).

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:07 pm
Miles has proven that he doesn't think that being a bball player is not that important to him!!!

What kind of dedication is that?!!!...I don't want that type of player on this team!!! An underachiever period!!!

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:43 pm
They aren't worth debating. Decent players with no real value---***030***---
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:55 pm
TMC wrote:I don't want Randolph. No way. I'd rather trade Baron for Marcus Banks instead of trading for Randolph. :mrgreen:

You trade for Randolph and next thing you know is he has murdered Monty for looking weird at him during a free throw. Now that I think of it, it may not be so bad...



Wouldn't he just be great as an expiring contract :mrgreen:


Miles seems inconcistent and might think he is a real star and detract from the team alot so NO to him.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:57 pm
J-Rich wrote:Miles has proven that he doesn't think that being a bball player is not that important to him!!!

:shock: I don't even know what to do with this sentence...

"Miles has proven (positive) that he doesn't (negative) think that being a bball player is not (another negative... which makes the sentence positive) important to him"

Wow. My head hurts.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:44 am
#32 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Miles has proven that he doesn't think that being a bball player is not that important to him!!!

:shock: I don't even know what to do with this sentence...

"Miles has proven (positive) that he doesn't (negative) think that being a bball player is not (another negative... which makes the sentence positive) important to him"

Wow. My head hurts.


::lol:

It's too easy. Like picking on the retarded kid of the block... :mrgreen:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:12 am
I'm not even joking; if we lived in the 1400's, I think J-Rich here would be the village idiot.

You know, the guy with the high-pitched voice, wearing the jester's hat, that everybody kicked in the ass as he walked down the street...

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:47 pm
Maybe if you idiots had ever read up on Miles background then maybe you'll know that Miles doesn't think that being the best basketball player he can be isn't even a top priority to him...

You (guys)are truly basketball idoits read up on more ESPN rumor news...then get back to me when you learn how to read ok??? ****ing MORONS!!!
Last edited by J-Rich on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:09 pm
J-Rich wrote:Maybe if you idiot even read

See what I mean? Never fails.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:54 am
#32 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Maybe if you idiot even read

See what I mean? Never fails.


::lol:

Rookie
Posts: 147
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:37 am
I think joel is a center, i would defentaly want him. AS for Miles wit that trade we would have ot be lucky to get him.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:21 am
kyle wrote:I think joel is a center, i would defentaly want him.

He's also a free agent whose going to underperform after he signs a huge contract somewhere (see Eric Dampier). I seriously hope the Warriors aren't the sucker team to sign him to a big, fat long term deal. Is it any coincidence that his career season came in his contract year?

kyle wrote:AS for Miles wit that trade we would have ot be lucky to get him.

See above. Miles' problems means that the Warriors shouldn't give up too much for him. I, personally, would be willing to see Dunleavy leave... but nobody else. His contract makes him unattractive.

Role Player
Posts: 230
» Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:39 pm
#32 wrote:See above. Miles' problems means that the Warriors shouldn't give up too much for him. I, personally, would be willing to see Dunleavy leave... but nobody else. His contract makes him unattractive.


yeah that incessant knocking of his own head when he makes a layup...haha...but seriously i would swap dunleavy for miles...unless this guy(dunleavy) can perform like the way he does when we have nothin to loose

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest