Game Thread: Phoenix Suns @ Warriors 2006-04-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:04 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:I liked the starting five but you just can't play the Suns tempo the whole time and expect to beat them. At some point you have to pound it down low and try to punish them for playing their style.

Man, Diaw is BIG. I mean, I knew what kind of #s he's been putting up as the center but he's bulkier than Marion and way more versatile. I think Diaw is their second best player after Nash. What a stud.

diaw better than marion?I know hes good,but have u been smoking crack?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:56 pm
I think Diaw is their second best player after Nash. What a stud.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I REALLY DON'T THINK SO. REALLY...---***030***---
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:58 pm
yeah, i think you were high on diaw's 16 assists.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:01 pm
Was at the game tonight - disappointed that the brilliant Nash sat it out, but would do the same in their situation - Diaw probably had the quietest 16 assists I've ever seen. As to Ike -nice to see him be a mensch on defense, in addition to his usual fine offensive self. they really do not run plays for him - part of that is he needs to be more effective on the screen and roll, but christ, would SOMEONE call a play for him? still, his energy and monster blocks, set the tone..sweet contributions from Monta and Zarko and of course Jrich is a stud. we did not miss Foyle or Murphy or Pietrus tonight, but it is painfully clear that we have no point guard without BD. That said, I'd be pretty up about a starting 5 of BD, JRich, Ike, Biedrins and some sharpshooting SF (procured by moving Murphy?), with Fisher, Ellis, Dunleavy, Taft and Zarko off the bench. BD,JRich, Ellis and Fish would be the best 4 guard combo in the league. Hope is a thing with feathers...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:05 pm
damn, coltraning stole some of the stuff I was going to say but I'll post it anyway

mad props to the gutsiest coach in the league mike d'antoni for having the balls to rest steve nash in front of national tv...that being said, I was a bit pissed about nash not being their because I was wearing my canada olympic jacket and had brought a canadian flag with me...for once, props to monty for keeping adonal out and playing the youngsters....how the f*** did boris diaw get 11-11-16-3-2? that has to be the quitest 16 assists and quietest triple double I've ever seen...Ike had a nice game, 10-10-4-2, which was quite impressive considering they only passed him the ball in the post 4 or 5 times max. I think elton brand wouldn't have scored more than 10 or 12 points if he got passed the ball as rarely as ike...that person doing "deal or no deal" should have taken the "deal" all three times, what an idiot....Did anybody else find it funny that they handed out free trial disks? aren't those the ones that they send you in the mail and you use as kindling?...did anybody else notice andris biedrins and nikoloz tkitishvili pointing at burke and laughing?....the guard formerly known as _erek fissure got 5 steals and 2 blocks while the rookie known for being helpless on defense got 4 packs and 2 steals. Who predicted fisher would get more steals and packs than marion today?...I never thought I'd see the day where the warriors shot better than the suns from the line and 3 point line... speaking of surprising stats, the warriors got 10 less turnovers than the most efficient team in the post jordan era...I'm still scratching my head as to why phoenix traded zarko, he's exactly their type of player...bynum knows how to score, I'll give him that, but the last thing we need right now is another shoot first point guard...raja bell was a strange decision of a second guy to rest, don't they have three other guys who do the exact same thing as him?... If murphy actually had a sprained ankle then why was he standing up during every stoppage of play?...is it just me or does phoenix actually play worse defense in games nash doesn't play in...
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:08 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:damn, coltraning stole some of the stuff I was going to say but I'll post it anyway

mad props to the gutsiest coach in the league mike d'antoni for having the balls to rest steve nash in front of national tv...that being said, I was a bit pissed about nash not being their because I was wearing my canada olympic jacket and had brought a canadian flag with me...for once, props to monty for keeping adonal out and playing the youngsters....how the f*** did boris diaw get 11-11-16-3-2? that has to be the quitest 16 assists and quietest triple double I've ever seen...Ike had a nice game, 10-10-4-2, which was quite impressive considering they only passed him the ball in the post 4 or 5 times max. I think elton brand wouldn't have scored more than 10 or 12 points if he got passed the ball as rarely as ike...that person doing "deal or no deal" should have taken the "deal" all three times, what an idiot....Did anybody else find it funny that they handed out free trial disks? aren't those the ones that they send you in the mail and you use as kindling?...did anybody else notice andris biedrins and nikoloz tkitishvili pointing at burke and laughing?....the guard formerly known as _erek fissure got 5 steals and 2 blocks while the rookie known for being helpless on defense got 4 packs and 2 steals. Who predicted fisher would get more steals and packs than marion today?...I never thought I'd see the day where the warriors shot better than the suns from the line and 3 point line... speaking of surprising stats, the warriors got 10 less turnovers than the most efficient team in the post jordan era...I'm still scratching my head as to why phoenix traded zarko, he's exactly their type of player...bynum knows how to score, I'll give him that, but the last thing we need right now is another shoot first point guard...raja bell was a strange decision of a second guy to rest, don't they have three other guys who do the exact same thing as him?... If murphy actually had a sprained ankle then why was he standing up during every stoppage of play?...is it just me or does phoenix actually play worse defense in games nash doesn't play in...

great post, disease! :D
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:31 am
Great win but the point is to lose now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:59 am
Some of you priks said Diogu couldn't rebound and play defense! Like fuk!

Diogu got 10 rebounds, 2 steals and 4 blocks!!!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:08 am
not me, i stuck with ike. i said hed be better than murphy and its starting to show. as somebody said above we did fine without murph, pietrus, foyle so we should deal those guys. but i chuckled when i saw monta was starting at F, i thought JR would start there, but i was really happy to see monta and andris start.
Previous

Return to Game Threads