Karma is a bitch!!! Owens out for the year

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:22 pm
Terrell Owens' injured ankle will keep the receiver out for the rest of the regular season and likely the playoffs, according to the Philadelphia Eagles.

There is an outside chance that Owens would be able to play in the Super Bowl, that is if the Eagles advance to the NFL's title game without their play-making receiver.

It was the worst-case scenario for the Eagles, who have thrived offensively with Owens in the lineup.

The first MRI Monday on Owens' sprained ankle was inconclusive.

Owens was hurt on the second play of the third quarter of Philadelphia's 12-7 win over Dallas on Sunday when he was dragged down from behind by Roy Williams on a 20-yard reception. Owens immediately grabbed the back of his leg, which was bent backward, but left the field on his own power.

Owens has 77 catches for 1,120 yards and a team-record 14 touchdowns for Philadelphia (13-1), which has secured home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:48 pm
That means no 15 touchdowns, which means no Andy Reed in the skin tight suit. At least that's good.

Seriously though that totally sucks for the eagles.
Terrell is probably my favorite player in the league, he was gonna make the playoffs a lot of fun to watch. Shouldn't the league just make New England and Pittsburgh play for the title right now. Thats the only game that really matters anymore.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:27 pm
Now that Im on the eastcoast and rarely ever get to see any Niner games, all Ive been watching is Philly mostly because of T.O. Its as if the Eagles are cursed or some ****. They've had **** rolling on all cylinders all year and to have this happen at week 13 is devastating. If (or when) Philly makes it to the NFC title game or maybe even the Superbowl I dont think theres anyway T.O would sit out. And you still have to respect Philly as the top team in the NFC. They might've taken a big blow to their offense but I think they still have enough weapons to get by the 2nd round (they have a first round bye.) I mean other than ***** Ass Pinkston they've got westbrook and mitchell still.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm
You know, he did get to play in the Superbowl and got beaten by home town kid Brady so I'm happy there.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Speaking of TO. Or terrible owens as Bayless likes to call him, we can see the immediate impact hes having on the Eagles at the start of the season. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Return to Sports Board