Both
17%
Neither
25%

Total votes : 24

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:23 am
I'm hearing a lotta different stories in the Bay... a lotta people are trying to convince me that they want Montgomery to stay. Therefore, I'm making this poll to get a clearer view on just how many people wanna give Monty another chance...

For the record, I picked Monty (and Monty only) to be fired. Mully's done a good job so far with what he had to begin with.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:11 pm
i picked just monty also. mullin was responsible for getting baron davis for just speedy and dale. we also had a pretty good draft in 05 getting ike, monta, and chris.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:39 pm
Me three! I picked Monty only also. This guy has no game plan and no control over his players. Uou mean to tell me he can'r tell his guys not to shoot 3 pointers? You mean he can't bench a guy if he doesn't follow instructions. The players don't respect him at all. he has no cred!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:27 pm
Monty. It's too soon for Mullin. He's taken some risks with the extensions, but that's not enough to fire him... yet. Time will tell what happens with those players, they may develop with time (even if in some cases it's hard to believe).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:28 pm
what? wrote:i picked just monty also. mullin was responsible for getting baron davis for just speedy and dale. we also had a pretty good draft in 05 getting ike, monta, and chris.

I agree. I don't see what people's problem is with Mullin...

"OH MY GOD, he's SPENDING MONEY!!!"

... yeah... it's called building a team. Sure, Foyle and Dunleavy are probably over-priced, but every VP or GM has a few strikes on him...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:56 pm
Monty
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:31 pm
what? wrote:i picked just monty also. mullin was responsible for getting baron davis for just speedy and dale. we also had a pretty good draft in 05 getting ike, monta, and chris.

Exactly!

Monty only for now!

Mullin has been nowhere near perfect but I'd rather him than some demonic goon that goes by the name of Saint!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:25 am
migya wrote:Mullin has been nowhere near perfect but I'd rather him than some demonic goon that goes by the name of Saint!

Ya I'd pick Mullin over all of Dr. Dork's 10 VPs anyday. (president of the now painful to watch 49ers)

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:31 am
I picked neither! Mullin hasn't been flawless, but he at least got us Baron and the quality youngsters.
I want to keep Monty around for another season, with the assumption that he has learned from this season. He see's the team play everyday, so it is my opinion that he is the one in the best position to formulate a winning strategy. If we get the same results next season, then fire him! I'm just sick of getting new coachs every two years...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:53 pm
Only reason Mullins not firing Monty is because he can use Monty as a scapegoat next year if Warriors play, well like the Warriors. If Mullin fires Monty now and Warriors suck again he'll be the next to go, at the very least Mullin keeping Monty saves himself another year so he can continue signing bad contracts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:07 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:Only reason Mullins not firing Monty is because he can use Monty as a scapegoat next year if Warriors play, well like the Warriors. If Mullin fires Monty now and Warriors suck again he'll be the next to go, at the very least Mullin keeping Monty saves himself another year so he can continue signing bad contracts.

That... and also the fact that his hands are kind of tied to begin with. Chris Cohan has already stated that he wont pay for multiple coaches contracts next season... which, in any language, means that Montgomery will be back (if, for nothing else, to satisfy the owner's wallet). I don't think Mullin gave much thought to bringing Monty back; the decision was made for him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:13 pm
I don't think we should fire anyone at this point.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:17 pm
DJ wrote:I don't think we should fire anyone at this point.

DJ, that is very level-headed and wise of you. Thanks for the opinion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:53 pm
DJ, he's only saying that because you're the first person here to agree with him.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:13 am
Damn right, everybody here is so jaded and tortured by all the lost St. Jean years they panic when things don't go quite right. As long as we have Monta, Ike and Biedrins we are moving in the right direction.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball