Ticket Prices Increase 25% For 2006-2007 - Will You Pay?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will You Pay To Go See The Warriors With The New Increased 2006-2007 Prices?

Y
33%
N
67%

Total votes : 15

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:28 am
What a joke. Cohan and Co. are increasing ticket prices by an average of 25% for season ticket holders. The percentage will be even higher for single ticket games.

Here's an example of the change:

Current Season Ticket Holder Price: $55

New Season Ticket Holder Price: $68

Single Game Ticket Price: $90

Our tickets don't even grant access to the club! I would hate to think how much the ticket prices would go up if they actually made it to the playoffs. Just think we are paying a huge jump in price with for a horrible product, the could at least throw a free Pina Colada or something.

Seriously, contemplating switching over to college hoops and leaving these greedy jerks on thier backs.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:00 pm
Why the hell raise prices when this year was the most disappointing year for Warriors fans! What the f-ck is wrong with our organization!?

The organization dangled a $100 bill in front of us and told us for sure we can have it after 82 games, but instead of giving it to us they burnt it right in front of us. Now they're asking me to give them $100 instead!? Ask the fans for more money after a very underachieving season!? F-ck off!!!!

Stop the bull sh-t!!!
Adonal Foyle is a defensive power house and you know it! He should get more playing time!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:16 pm
It's only about the money!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:32 am
u know dunleavy's contract has something to do with these ticket price hikes :)

yes i will blame dunleavy for anything and everything that goes wrong in my life.

ps Cohan for president

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:36 am
I didn't realize, if you assume an average ticket price of 75 bucks, multiply it by the number in attendence through 37 games (around 675,000) you get about 54 million.
Wow, it really is all about the money.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:10 am
Adonal's The Man! wrote:Why the hell raise prices when this year was the most disappointing year for Warriors fans! What the f-ck is wrong with our organization!?

They do it because they know we'll pay it. We barely missed the playoffs this year; next year we're pretty much sure to make it (assuming we trade Murphy over the summer for a decent 3 or 5). Cohan and company knows that people will come see the Warriors play no matter what.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:24 pm
The best thing about the Warriors, for the last MANY YEARS is the fans!
God Bless The Sports Channel! And KNBR :D

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:15 pm
#32 wrote:
Adonal's The Man! wrote: Cohan and company knows that people will come see the Warriors play no matter what.

Or the lakers or the Kings....

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:37 pm
the thing is, I don't think a lot of us will pay it. I know several season ticket holders who are cancelling this year, and I'm 50/50 right now, and the only reason why its not 0% is after 11 years I have sweet seats 7 rows off the floor and I don't want to give them up.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:47 pm
Getting a couple of hundred people to boycott and write to management complaining might be the way to go

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:18 pm
Anybody posting on this board fits the definition of a true warriors fan. However, raising ticket prices by 25% following a year where the Warriors rivaled the knicks for the most underachieving team in the league will even cause some of us die hards to be more selective in the games we see. I think Mullin will have to make some dramatic moves re coaches and players this summer if he doesn't want to see a major drop off in fan support.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:41 pm
dude's i signed up for the priority list, thinking i'd get better seats then my current half season plan. i went to todays event to pick my seats and they were 10 rows behind my current seats :shock: i was like dang.. anyways, to make a long story short i passed.. i'll juss get the direct tv league pass next year, watch a few in them in HD and make sure i dont miss a game :bday:

also that save's me about $3G's woo hOo
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:11 am
This truly is one of those things where it's torture we have had our tickets for 20+ years, Row 3 off the court. I've heard the argument that people are going to pay it becuase there is such a thirst for basketball in the Bay Area but I truly think "Cohan the Greedy" is in for a big surprise from all the season ticket holders that have signed on in the last 4 years or so. These people came in when you could get a lower bowl season ticket at $24 per game, that now has been jacked way up and for what to watch the team during the regular season? Those are the people I see abadoning ship and for good cause.

I'm not against raising prices, the Kings have done so for every year the Maloofs have owned them. The difference and bottom line is winning, the Maloofs have consistenly made moves to make sure the Kings are in the postseason.

I think this leaves the W's in a possesion where the HAVE to sign a big name that will change the organization overnight (i.e. Kevin Garnett). I could of told Mully and Cohan the money spent on Foyle, Dunleavy, Fisher was a waste. Why are the fans going to have to sign the check for not just thier salaries but a huge pay raise to Cohan.

I've said it once and I'll say it a million times you have to cut the head of the snake for this organization to change... It all goes back to Cohan every time. He has been the ONLY constant of losing since this postseason nonexistence started a dozen plus years back.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:43 am
migya wrote:Getting a couple of hundred people to boycott and write to management complaining might be the way to go

Good luck with that one; although, if you were really serious about it, this would be a great place to start. Get the letter started and I'll sign it...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:54 am
migya wrote:Getting a couple of hundred people to boycott and write to management complaining might be the way to go

If ppl. can come out to the All Star Game in Y2k and boo cohan, then they can do a petition to boycott his ticket price raises..

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball