KG sounding angry

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:05 pm
#32 wrote:"What's best for their franchise" would be to not set themselves up to be knocked outta the playoffs 5 years in a row...

The TWolves aren't going anywhere with Garnett right now because they have enough good players around him. Unless they can bring more help, they are better off trading Garnett for three or four young, talented players to build around.

Garnett has had enough and is smart enough to see that it isn't going to happen for him in Minnesota

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:39 pm
Right, but they're also smart enough to realize that (like most stars that have been traded lately) Garnett's career is going to recieve some serious rejuvination after his trade takes place. The worst thing they can do is keep him in the Western Conference because he will dominate them every single game. Minnesota is smart enough to dump KG in the Eastern Conference where they'll only see him twice a year (which wont really effect their record).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm
They'd be smarter to just get the most talent they can so they can rebuild without being a terrible team. The Warriros have more expaendable talent than most teams

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:39 pm
The Timberwolves can't do much rebuilding by missing the playoffs for 5 years. Besides, the Wolves probably realize that they can get a franchise player in return for Garnett. There may not be any reason for rebuilding if they come away with Jermaine O'Neal or Steve Francis (which they 90% will, if a trade does indeed take place).

Who would you rather have: Jermaine O'Neal with one other guy or Troy Murphy with a couple above-average players?

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:02 am
With all things considered we have a few packages that Minny might ( should? ) like + they're pretty young themselves. A franchise 4 franchise player swap makes sense too but its plausible that Minny wouldn't trade alot $$4$$.....I'd personally rather get 3 players(+ a draft pick/s) in return making the team more versatile. Add on the fact that Joe's curse has been lifted and it has the makings of a great rebuilding project... By the way I wouldn't mind Davis on our team...I know he has his baggage but as a 3rd option on O? I'd take that + his contract is favorable( been thinking about that since the begining of this season ). Still on the " GET MAGGETTE " bandwagon though.....If KG doesn't come thru then we still have viable options.......---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 am
Get Maggette?

Wouldn't you rather have somebody playing over 15 games a year?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:01 am
Yeah I know he was hobbled this year, but a SF that can get to the line @ease is what I'm hoping for. I trully thought that MP could be that player but I have ( almost ) completely lost trust in his offensive upside...let me take another glimpse @ CM's career....---***030***---

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:11 am
Well he's played @least 63 games a year ( noy including this one of course ) but like I said, that man gets his free points. It's rather astounding actually....take a peek. I'm not saying he's an allstar, yet alone a defensive stopper but I believe he could be a low key addition that would compliment our game vastly....he's making his $$ ( not this yr ) and he's making a living @ the line, not 2 mention he is almost everything we want Dun & MP 2 b.......+ we'd get him in his prime until 08-09.....I dunno.......I'm still his booster until he effs up or until we get somebody that can perform @ da SF/SG.....---***030***---

BTW, if we go that route I believe J23 CAN handle the 3 if need b.....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:11 pm
#32 wrote:The Timberwolves can't do much rebuilding by missing the playoffs for 5 years. Besides, the Wolves probably realize that they can get a franchise player in return for Garnett. There may not be any reason for rebuilding if they come away with Jermaine O'Neal or Steve Francis (which they 90% will, if a trade does indeed take place).

Who would you rather have: Jermaine O'Neal with one other guy or Troy Murphy with a couple above-average players?

Don't think Pacers would give any more than Jermaine and if there was a second player, it would just another not good role player to join the rest in Minnesota.

Much rebuilding can be done by missing the playoffs for a number of years and in fact that is how teams rebuild! Getting a few lottery picks does wonders and adds tradeable pieces as well.

The TWolves will not be in the stronger position if KG demands a trade, much like the Lakers weren't with Shaq

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Very good point...---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:42 am
migya wrote:Much rebuilding can be done by missing the playoffs for a number of years and in fact that is how teams rebuild! Getting a few lottery picks does wonders and adds tradeable pieces as well.

Very true. Good point.

migya wrote:The TWolves will not be in the stronger position if KG demands a trade, much like the Lakers weren't with Shaq

Shaq with the Lakers was a once in a lifetime thing. If Garnett demands a trade, I guarentee the Timberwolves would be willing to take AS MUCH TIME as needed to get the best possible player in return. You're thinking of this trade too much in terms of the Shaq trade; a better example would be the Artest trade. Ron Artest sat on the bench for 2 months. You think the Wolves would hurry themselves in a "Best Player in the League" sweepstakes? If Kevin Garnett was on the trade block, there would be nonstop calls from EVERY team in the league throwing talent at Minnesoda.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:12 am
migya wrote:Much rebuilding can be done by missing the playoffs for a number of years and in fact that is how teams rebuild! Getting a few lottery picks does wonders and adds tradeable pieces as well.

Just the bad teams or teams with bad GMs. Look at Indy, every year in playoffs while rebuilding... while other teams stay in the lottery for years without ever rebuilding. :oops:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:14 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:The TWolves will not be in the stronger position if KG demands a trade, much like the Lakers weren't with Shaq

Shaq with the Lakers was a once in a lifetime thing. If Garnett demands a trade, I guarentee the Timberwolves would be willing to take AS MUCH TIME as needed to get the best possible player in return. You're thinking of this trade too much in terms of the Shaq trade; a better example would be the Artest trade. Ron Artest sat on the bench for 2 months. You think the Wolves would hurry themselves in a "Best Player in the League" sweepstakes? If Kevin Garnett was on the trade block, there would be nonstop calls from EVERY team in the league throwing talent at Minnesoda.

I'll list just a few trades where either a superstar was traded for not equal value or at least where the players received didn't make the team win -
Vince carter to the Nets, Drexler for Thorpe, Barkley to the Suns for Hornacek, Perry and Lang, Barkley to the Rockets for Horry, Cassell, Charles Jones and one other do nothing player, Pippen to the Rockets for Walt Williams, Carlos Rogers, Ed Gray, Stacey (Eggno)Augmon, Kelvin Cato and I think it was Greg Anthony.
Others were - Sprewell for Starks, Tim Hardaway for aging Willis

Happens many times!!!!!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:17 am
TMC wrote:

Just the bad teams or teams with bad GMs. Look at Indy, every year in playoffs while rebuilding... while other teams stay in the lottery for years without ever rebuilding. :oops:

The TWolves just don't have the players to transition without being the way they are now, which is quite bad! Unless some amazing trades in their favour happen, the TWolves are going to have 2 or 3 years of the same results as this season. Getting good young talent and a couple of established role players is the best for them

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:17 am
migya wrote:I'll list just a few trades where either a superstar was traded for not equal value or at least where the players received didn't make the team win -
Vince carter to the Nets, Drexler for Thorpe, Barkley to the Suns for Hornacek, Perry and Lang, Barkley to the Rockets for Horry, Cassell, Charles Jones and one other do nothing player, Pippen to the Rockets for Walt Williams, Carlos Rogers, Ed Gray, Stacey (Eggno)Augmon, Kelvin Cato and I think it was Greg Anthony.
Others were - Sprewell for Starks, Tim Hardaway for aging Willis

Happens many times!!!!!

True, but most of those trades were forced by the players.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades