The Trades to Become a Western Powerhouse

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:57 pm
Trade Ike Diogu ($2M), Mikael Pietrus ($2.5M) and Baron Davis ($15M) to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal ($18M) and a future 1st round pick.

Trade Troy Murphy ($8M) and Mike Dunleavy ($3.5M under BYC status) to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson ($11M).

Trade Derek Fisher ($5.8M) to Miami for James Posey ($6M).

1st round draft pick: Marcus Williams 6'3 PG

Sign Will Bynum for a low price for the season.

2006-07 Line up

PG Williams - Bynum
SG Richardson - Ellis
SF Jefferson - Posey
PF O'Neal - Taft - Cabarkapa
C Biedrins - Foyle
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:41 pm
Riiiight... anybody have any seriously trades that people would go for?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:58 pm
That trade is a joke.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm
Wouldn't fix the team, either. That's the worst part is that (for a purely fantasy trade) it wouldn't win us a ring.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:03 pm
Double Post.

I think we should get rid of Murphy's contract for a pick and a small role player and with the new leftover money cap, we pursue Al Harrington in the offseason and see if Biedrins in the offseason progresses more and more to become a center over Adonal.

The good thing about harrington is, that he's a better shooter, faster, handles better than Murph. He's a SF in a PF body.

the lineup next year will be:

Davis/Fisher
Richardson/Monta
Dunleavy/Pietrus
Harrington/Ike
Foyle/Biedrins
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:08 pm
Harrington is the same exact player as Murphy, but puts up better numbers because he's the Hawk's franchise (and Murphy is our 3rd option), so he gets more touches. A Murphy-for-Harrington trade would be like trading thumbs on both your hands. Only difference is that Troy Murphy grabs 12 boards a night and Harrington grabs 8 or 9.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:26 pm
Sorry, but I disagree. I think Harrington is the same as Murphy but alot more versatile. They have almost equal skill at the jumpshot (Harrington better FG% and 3PT%), but Harrington is alot more quicker. They only differ about 3 Rebounds a game and Harrington averages 19ppg whereas Murph is around 14ppg.

Also, Harrington is a mix between a SF and PF. The Atlanta Hawks has at least 5 people in that position. So, I think Harrington is alot more effiecint than Murphy.

so my opinion
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:43 am
Anonymous wrote:Sorry, but I disagree. I think Harrington is the same as Murphy but alot more versatile. They have almost equal skill at the jumpshot (Harrington better FG% and 3PT%), but Harrington is alot more quicker. They only differ about 3 Rebounds a game and Harrington averages 19ppg whereas Murph is around 14ppg.

Also, Harrington is a mix between a SF and PF. The Atlanta Hawks has at least 5 people in that position. So, I think Harrington is alot more effiecint than Murphy.

so my opinion

And mine, too. Harrington is better at everything except getting cheap boards... But he'll be a free agent, and we're over the cap. Maybe a sign-and-trade, but I see him going that way to the Knicks.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:58 am
Al is a nice player but his #'s wouldn't look the same in a W's jersey.....infact he'll command more $$ than Murphy. Sounds good on paper but ITS NOT AN UPGRADE @ALL. Al's not a "D" pressence and while being more athletically gifted his aquisition would further detriment our cap issues...---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:47 pm
Harrington is doing great this season but he doesn't fit the warriors. We need a PF that can play inside, get the rebounds and blocks some shots. A player like Diogu so he should get far more court time!

As a SF, Harrington might just be an improvement but he is bound to ask for alot of money and will probably not be happy being the 4th option offensively behind Baron, JRich and Diogu (he should start)

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades