Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2006-03-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:39 pm
New Orleans Hornets (32-37) @ Golden State Warriors (30-39)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Arena in Oakland

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Adonal Foyle

Probable starters for the New Orleans Hornets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kirk Snyder
SF - Desmond Mason
PF - David West
C - P.J. Brown

Team leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (23.6) | D. West (17.0)
RPG - T. Murphy (9.9) | D. West (7.5)
APG - B. Davis (8.9) | C. Paul (7.9)
SPG - B. Davis (1.6) | C. Paul (2.2)
BPG - A. Foyle (1.6) | C. Anderson (1.3)

Matchups this Season
Nov 28 - New Orleans Hornets (83) @ Golden State Warriors (99)
Mar 29 - New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors
Apr - 5 - Golden State Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets

Last 19 Games:
Mar 16 - Minnesota Timberwolves (W)
Mar 19 - Philadelphia 76ers (W)
Mar 21 - @San Antonio Spurs (L)
Mar 23 - @Dallas Mavericks (W)
Mar 26 - @Sacramento Kings (W)
Mar 27 - Washington Wizards (L)
Mar 29 - New Orleans Hornets
Mar 31 - Sacramento Kings
Apr 02 - @Minnesota Timberwolves
Apr 04 - @Memphis Grizzlies
Apr 05 - @New Orleans Hornets
Apr 07 - Houston Rockets
Apr 08 - @Denver Nuggets
Apr 11 - @Los Angeles Lakers
Apr 12 - Dallas Mavericks
Apr 14 - Phoenix Suns
Apr 15 - @Portland Trailblazers
Apr 17 - Portland Trailblazers
Apr 19 - @Utah Jazz
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:05 pm
New Orleans is on a slide and we desperately need a win.

Golden State by single digits.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:18 pm
Reckon Warriors will get it but not by that much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:37 pm
I know we've all heard about Chris Paul's awesome rookie season, but how about the season David West is having??? Am I the only one surprised to see this kid mature into a 16 and 9 player?

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:51 pm
Warriors hold off the Hornets in a nailbiter.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:49 am
Not really surprised @ DW's "explosion", moreso the fact that he's extended his range out 2 15-18 ft. Always new his around the baskest game was decent/good though..... This game hinges on containing CP3.......if he's got it going then the team's ( 4da most part ) in good shape........I reckon Ellis will come off the bench very soon......Not like he's all that but PJ's more likely 2 hurt more than anybody else in the frontcourt.......If Mason's hitting his jumpers.... all hell will break loose........ didn't mention JR cuz @ this point he's an x factor ( that still goes right waaaay 2 much ).......---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:34 am
CP3 can take all the shots he wants; the Warriors play best in an offense-vs-offense game. JR Smith has been quiet this year, Chris Anderson (their inside stopper) got booted for rocking the gange, and PJ Brown is only good for rebounds and midrange jumpers (no swatting). This is a team lacking defense, which the Warriors are great at exploiting.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:56 pm
chris anderson...inside stopper?? hahhah

i was arguing with a complete degenerate. its finally official. this dude has no idea what hes talking about and probably can no longer afford his psycho-pills. so thats the reason why you're so unstable...

your blind devotion to anything wearing a warriors uniform is disgusting. were you abused as a child or something, because you're showing you badly need an out for that pathetic life you live.

use that pea of a brain you have inside that mostly hallow skull and try to engage in abstract thought. you called me a 7 yeard old and then said something about sticking dicks in watermellons. then you called me a 4 year old and proceeded to call me "dr.fag." haha you bleed hypocrisy and i'll graciously turn down your invitation to come visit you in hickville. why are you putting your address up anyway? thats kind of scary, you need attention THIS badly? i loved bringing social interaction into your sorry ass life but this is taking away from other things i should be doing. putting you in your place time after time is becoming second nature and like i forementioned, i'm arguing with a person with the same intelligence as a wall.

take care.

p.s. anti depressant pills can easily be attained. you need some. BADLY.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:44 pm
Ummm....Yeah..... Back 2 DA GAME. It's PJ's veteran approach that I'm scared of, Desmond going off ( stop him Jason ) and CP3's playmaking abilities... We should have this one easily, but we've been fooled b4...I've always liked A-Will........ a hard and tough lefty.....---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:53 pm
See what I'm talking about with drfag? This guy's a complete cancer to the board; somebody who carries over ill will (with no motivation what so ever) into new threads simply to get attention like a spoiled child. Piss off already, you clueless moron.

But to respond to somebody who actually said something worthwhile instead of babbling to himself in his parents bedroom, I'm not too worried about D-Mason, zero3zero. The kid's a streaky scorer, but he's more of a momentum threat than anything else. Besides, JRich can fly higher than him, so if he wants to play the slam game, we have the advantage. PJ Brown's veteran instinct is countered by Derek Fisher's (plus, we have Calbert Cheaney directing traffic from the bench. This guy is more valuable in the huddle and during halftime than anybody else on the roster). And I wouldn't worry about PJ using an vet moves on Adonal Foyle (a guy whose been in the league, basically, just as long). CP3's play-making skills are like his scoring skills; we can allow it if we can contain the rest of his team.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:56 pm
Crossing fingers.......yet we've been fooled.......---***030***---
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:29 pm
fisher is playing well tonight. his shot is working and he has control of the team.

i also like to point out how lethal monta ellis is if he's aggressive. he can get to the rim so easily its almost unfair.

(they need to start selling his jersey...)

not a moment too soon, fisher commits an offensive foul when he had j-rich in the corner for a 3.

thats a t.u.r.n. o.v.e.r. have to do it for the retards in the building...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:40 pm
Nice elbow to the face Paul.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Yoyo wrote:Warriors hold off the Hornets in a nailbiter.

If we had one more second...

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:32 am
yea just 1 more second, or a couple of made FTs. i was at the game (sec 122 row 2) and fisher had a pretty good game as did dunleavy. offensive rebounds killed us tonight. at one point we had 3 team fouls within the first 2 minutes because none of the warriors could rebound. good scoring distribution. freaking rasual butler, if only he had missed 1 of his 3s we would have been in the driver seat.
Next

Return to Game Threads