Eddy Curry Poll

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What would you give up to bring Curry here?

Pietrus only
No votes
Dunleavy only
53%
Either Dunleavy or Pietrus
6%
Neither one
41%

Total votes : 17

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:35 am
What would you give up to bring Curry here
Last edited by hobbes on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:40 am
Dump Dunleavy, make room for Pietrus to play regular minutes.
Curry may be lazy, but at least he can score down low a bit and open up Troy to patrol the perimeter a bit more and provided someone with hands down low for Speedy to drop the ball off to. Then just let him go at the end of the year. Or sign and trade him to somebody dumber than us.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:51 am
I'd say keep both and offer Chicago or Clippers, or whoever would be in this deal expiring deals and try to work in Foyle by some miracle. I don't want to give up on Dunleavy just yet, rather let him walk then trade him for Curry who would either walk or get signed to a 70 million extension anyways.
Here we go again...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:54 pm
my gut feeling is that its too early to deal both mike d and pietrus. :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:53 pm
i dont really want to give up on dunleavy either. but our need for a low post presence is alot greater then the need for a 3, since we have a player like pietrus who plays that position, and actually plays D. foyle is not the answer in the middle. i dont see any way someone would take on that contract. but who knows, mullin might be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat. he was a genius getting out of cap hell b4, maybe he cant unload a few more bad contracts. dunleavy is soft, curry is big and black. in other words he has potential. dunleavy has already reached his potential in my book. hes a solid passer, a decent rebounder, but a lousy defender and inconsistent shooter. i know alot of ppl would disagree. hes not the answer. if we could get curry then get kidd... that would make this team very fun to watch. but i know id be living in a dream world. imagine kid setting up curry for easy dunks, or murphy for an easy J. richardson recieving the lob pass. i hate mullin makes somethin happen.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:35 pm
What is up with all this racial **** lately.
Pawno posts a poll option about only liking White Warriors and now ced is saying Curry has potential cause he's big and black.

I'm sure no one is being too serious about these kinds of statements and all that but we don't need to get into all that crap. Lets leave that **** out of the posts boys and girls. Well boys anyway, I sincerely doubt there are many ladies on an all Warriors message board. If there are...marry me?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:18 pm
There's nothing racist about me posting a poll with the comment "White Warriors" If you have a look at how we like to draft, it's usually whiteboys. I mean how else do you want me to address it. Chumps, Non-Black people.

And in regards to ceds comment, How would he say it. Giant and of a non-causcasian decent. If we start using street lingo like Fried Chicken Eaters, then hell yeah there is some concern. Curry is Big and Black - Fuller was Big and White, But the reason i would choose Curry over Fuller would be the race card. I know anyone of African decent usually has the ability to jump our of the gym ( What was that WOody H movie called again ) And have you seen Curry? The reason why they call him Baby Shaq is his huge Gunners ( those arms are massive )

Anyways maybe you should bring this point up with Chris Cohan and why he and his front office skips on superstar potential black kids for the safe whitey from a stable family. ( It's usually a standout citizen over a troubled past )
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:08 am
Pawno,
The reason I wouldn't want Artest isn't cause he's black same as the reason I don't want Dunleavy has nothing to do with him being white. To say that the reason Curry has potential is because he is black is just silly. He potential because he is big, tall and athletic. Dunleavy has potential because he is a good shooter and passer. Adonal Foyle's potential is based on his timing and knowledge of the right place to be to block shots and help out his team. People have potential because of their abilities not their skin tone.

To say that "anyone of African desent usually has the ability to jump out of the gym" is a ridiculous over simplification. Just look at our team right now, Speedy can't jump, Fish has no hops, Calbert Chaney rarely jumps, Cliffy and Dale are old, so OK they used to be able to jump, Adonal doesn't exactly sky to the rim. My hole point is to watch the racial generalisms you are throwing out, then you just use another one. I have played ball with tons of white boys with no jump shot and plenty of black dudes who couldn't even slap glass. Yeah, obviously I know the trends and I'm not saying that your average white NBA player isn't a Tom Chambers or Chris Anderson, I'm just saying don't throw around racially based comments for no reason.

You said in your post "only want White Warriors not Tru Warriorz" or something like that. How about just don't want crazy dudes?

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:40 am
c'mon man..im a white dude. we're not being racial here. like pawno said, look at a fuller and look at a curry who would you rather have. im just sayin african americans are usually more athletic and in a center thats precisely what we need. maybe i was overexagerating a bit to make a point. iits obvious im not a big dunleavy fan, but just watch him play defense and shoot 3-12 and you'll catch my drift. nothing about this is racially biased. just wanted to clear that up. peace.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:49 am
Yeah RUNTMC i totally agree with you about leaving the raceist comments at the door, However i don't think that mine and ced94510 comments are seen as politically incorrect.

I used the comment of African Decent and being able to jump out of the gym in the context of how ( Woody Harrelson got the classic pidgeon hole of not being able to jump ) I think a lot of hype goes into how scouts actually search talent, If someone can jump then well they gotta be big dunkers and good shot blockers but that's not the case.

And I merely used comparing Curry ( Big and Black ) to Fuller ( Big and White ) because i tend to think the Warriors front office will go for the senoir with a great GPA over the High School Sensation with a criminal record, Do i agree with it? Hell no. I read on the internet a few seasons back and it talked about towns like Boston, Indiana and Golden State predominately choosing the White Kids because of there history with great Causcasian athletes and in todays day and age it's easier to sell Corporate boxes to large international firms when you have white skin or foreign players because the fans are intrigued by the overseas sensation or All american dominating the African American. ( HOW THE WARRIORS USE THERE DRAFT PICKS is why i used the comparison "White Warriors" to "Tru Warriors" because Cohan is likely to choose Fuller over a headcase such as Artest)

Look at Larry Bird at the start of the season, He bought up a great point in how the NBA could benefiet from having an ALL AMERICAN CAUSCASIAN superstar. People were quick to jump the gun and labeled him a raceist.

It's funny isn't it how the NBA is the most global sport ( in terms of athletes participating ) yet Raceism is probably one of the major issues on and off the court in the sport.

SO SORRY RUNTMC If you misread my comments. But i do find it extremely difficult using the right style of words when describing the race cards ( i will try and be more vigilant with my choice of words as well )

RESPECT !

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:26 am
You guys talk about race and white and black players. We need more Asian representation more than anything! LOL :-o

Go Tabuse and Ming! lol Actually, Tabuse is a pretty good bench PG with the Suns.

Tim
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:22 am
Its cool fellas.
I'm not trying to accuse anybody of being racist or anything like that, I was just saying we oughta be careful how we phrase things.
Pawno, I didn't know about that article, so didn't get the reference.
I know there are obvious traits assigned to white players and black players, I'm just saying that to say all black this or all white that starts to get a little uncomfortable.
Lets just drop it and move back to talking about impossible trades and potential winning streaks.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:50 pm
Bring Ming to the Bay! Find a way to get Foyle's contract out of here, and then engineer a sign and trade with Houston when the time comes.
Here we go again...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:36 am
I'd give up draft picks and expiring contracts(cliff ,davis) and maybe foyle, depending on who the bulls put on the block with curry ? if hinrich is available "which I doubt" that would add to the puzzle! and I would go after curry because of his "potential" SIZE and abilitys not his race or stereotype [-X

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:54 pm
I would trade Dunleavy, Foyle, Robinson, and Claxton to bring Eddy Curry AND Ben Gordon to the Warriors.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball