Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:29 pm
Oh to be a Warriors fan...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:29 pm
These are the type of games that make us irritable.................. WE GOTTA PLAY THE YOUNG GUNS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. sHHHHEEEEYET!!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPEAKING OF TRAIN WRECKS... time to get my VEGA goin'........................... **** 030 ****

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:32 pm
this proves monty doesnt belong in the nba. should have fouled and not given them a chance to tie. and yea FTs killed us like always. makes me wonder if i should go to the lakers game on friday.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:33 pm
Just three letters:

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:36 pm
thank god the a's start soon

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 pm
shiiiieet. another game to look down on. a game we shouldve had from a great comeback. BUT, no we blew it once again. still gotta have faith in the warriors though. but damn, does monty even focus on practing on freethrows? this game shown that we are really horrible at the "charity line" lets end this losing streak on the magics on wednesday. cmon warriors!!
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:46 pm
The looks on JRichs face and Calbert were telling. This team just lost any shred of faith in Monty. Christ, you have to foul at the end of the game. I have to think some whole sale changes could be coming. And what about
Baron...not rushing back from injury? Could be coaching change before seasons out!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 pm
And I love Fish ...but he has had a critical foul in close games every freaking time the game is on the line. He plays to agressive when knows not to foul....

Im new to this board but not to suffering watching the Warriors and man I think this is one of the worst losses.

ARgggghhhhh

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 pm
Wrong. No coaching changes. I wouldn't have fouled at the end of regulation. Not with Biedrins fouled out and no other reliable rebounders. Wouldn't even be an issue if the worst 3-point shooting team in the league had just missed that one contested three pointer. We just got a little snake bit tonight...

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 pm
And in Houston...when a foul could have prevented the 3. At some point you have to realize when your luck has run out. You cant tell me that part of you didnt know that 3 was gonna be shot and good.

Trolloc

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:22 am
I don't blame the choice not to foul, I don't blame the coach (at least not for this game), I BLAME THESE SUPERSTAR PLAYERS WHO CAN'T MAKE FREETHROWS! Don't they practice this? I remember Mullin used to spend hours in the gym when everyone else was gone practicing freethrows - he needs to get in his star's faces -especially Mike Dun who Mullin banked on.
Mike ended the game with 6 wopping points!
As a fan who shelled out 3 grand for a pair of season tix I want to see Mullin or mont or somebody apologize for the disgrace they put on the freethrow line and demand accountability. Who do I contact for this?
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:35 am
inconsistency - point blank...... down twenty....... can't make ft's...... bonehead fouls( ei Fishers foul on Mcleod )......... can't make........
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:38 am
Pietrus continues his Dunleavy impersonating!!!!!!! :x

If he doesn't finish the season with good performances (averaging 15 - 18 points from now on and playing defense) then he is also a tradeable piece this offseason!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 am
Well, to look on the brightside, Ike Diogu played a great game. Maybe Monty will give him more minutes next time. Plus, Biedrins played well, JRich had an amazing game, and Fisher is doing a good job in Baron's absense. Hell, even Dunleavy had a good 4th quarter.

But Monta didn't impress me last night... Pietrus is making me shake my head more and more lately... and Murphy was just terrible. I don't remember him having a night THAT off since his slump earlier this year...

I knew it was over when Biedrins AND Ike fouled out. Brown's 3 was the dagger, but THAT left us with only Foyle or Murph in the middle. You gotta know at that point that it's over.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:38 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:I don't blame the choice not to foul, I don't blame the coach (at least not for this game), I BLAME THESE SUPERSTAR PLAYERS WHO CAN'T MAKE FREETHROWS! Don't they practice this? I remember Mullin used to spend hours in the gym when everyone else was gone practicing freethrows - he needs to get in his star's faces -especially Mike Dun who Mullin banked on.
Mike ended the game with 6 wopping points!
As a fan who shelled out 3 grand for a pair of season tix I want to see Mullin or mont or somebody apologize for the disgrace they put on the freethrow line and demand accountability. Who do I contact for this?

Socool bob must be rolling around in his bed right now... And yes. Freethrows have been the Warriors' bane this year. Are the coaches just ignoring FTs? Are they somehow overpressuring their stars to make freethrows? I don't know if you can teach the art of freethrowing any more than basic mechanics and just plain ol mental awareness...

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads