Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 am
what about fisher, i think we're overpaying him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:13 am
I don't, but many others do. He's a 50/50 choice (really, you can make a case for either side). But, just to justify my claim, I don't think that a guy who was vital during (virtually) all of our wins in the first 2 months of the season is being overpaid at 5 million a year. Derek Fisher (as a contributer to the Warriors) is worth every penny.

People can say what they want about his handles, "how he runs the offense", him missing lay-ups, or whatever... but the truth is that Fisher helps a LOT more than he hurts. Without him, we'd have been sitting in last place ALL season instead of just now.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:42 pm
All we need to do is move one of our big contracts and we can sign Pietrus, Ellis, Zarko and Taft. Pietrus is going to take the most cash, but Ellis, Zarko and Taft will sign for relatively little. Zarko does some useful stuff and Taft may never get off the bench again with his work ethic, but hey it'll be peanuts so let's give it a chance. Ellis makes me nervous. I'm not so certain how much he is staying out of the league's attention, particularly after what he did in San Antonio but I think they can get him for 3-4 years for about 3 million a year. As for Derek, you said it #32, this guy is the consumate pro and a great veteran addition. He is a valuable trading piece in a bigger deal because I don't think the league looks at him as overpaid. His contract doesn't appreciate much throughout its life. Oops, game's on.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:50 pm
Pietrus just doesn't have that uniqueness that i saw in Arenas during his years here in GS. I dont believe Pietrus will reach the level of Tmac, Vince Carter, etc. How many of you will TRULY be pissed if he actually left our franchise? I know i wouldn't. I say we package him and couple of others in attempt to bring paul pierce over here during the off season. :wink:

People on this board tend to believe all our young players will be big stars in the near future. A bit of reality, no most of them will not be big stars in this league. monta pietrus biendrins ike are nice, but to be honest i see ike so far as the only one who potentially has the ability to bring his game to the allstar level.

When we saw Arenas play here acouple of years ago, we just KNEW he was going to be a breakout player in the NBA, that is the same feeling i have with ike.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:58 pm
I want Pietrus back, I think he may be one of the most frustrating players to watch I have ever seen, but I just like his energy. He lacks in confidence and that is what he needs to improve the most through the rest of this season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:48 am
thinkingwarriors wrote:All we need to do is move one of our big contracts and we can sign Pietrus, Ellis, Zarko and Taft.

You know Ellis and Taft are in their first year of their rookie contracts, don't you?

As for Zarko and Pietrus... I'd say package them both with Murph, Fish, Dun or Foyle for a decent player.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:20 am
#32 wrote:Than I say let him leave! The last thing we need here in the Bay is to resign another underachieve for too much cash! When Pietrus' game proves itself at the level where signing him to big money (as well as guarenteeing a starting job) is the obvious choice, than do it. Until then, stop gambling with our money. We're overpaying 2 players right now (Dunleavy and Foyle). It should stop there.

#32 - You have clear dislike of Pietrus!

He has been playing badly lately and you really have had some bad things to say about him.

Dunleavy was playing awfully in november and december (and still is ofcourse) and you were saying good things about him like he was some sort of assett to the team! Which ofcourse he wasn't!

You like Dunleavy, that's alright but don't be negative towards a player that has for the most part been an assett to the team and hopefully will for the future!

Better trading Dunleavy and giving a similar contract to Pietrus, he deserves it more and could actually play to the level that such a contract merits!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Than I say let him leave! The last thing we need here in the Bay is to resign another underachieve for too much cash! When Pietrus' game proves itself at the level where signing him to big money (as well as guarenteeing a starting job) is the obvious choice, than do it. Until then, stop gambling with our money. We're overpaying 2 players right now (Dunleavy and Foyle). It should stop there.

#32 - You have clear dislike of Pietrus!

He has been playing badly lately and you really have had some bad things to say about him.

Dunleavy was playing awfully in november and december (and still is ofcourse) and you were saying good things about him like he was some sort of assett to the team! Which ofcourse he wasn't!

You like Dunleavy, that's alright but don't be negative towards a player that has for the most part been an assett to the team and hopefully will for the future!

Better trading Dunleavy and giving a similar contract to Pietrus, he deserves it more and could actually play to the level that such a contract merits!
migya wrote:Pietrus continues his Dunleavy impersonating!!!!!!! :x

If he doesn't finish the season with good performances (averaging 15 - 18 points from now on and playing defense) then he is also a tradeable piece this offseason!
:mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:56 am
Yeah, I caught that, too, broe... was gonna point it out before you did. ::lol:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:32 am
thinkingwarriors -----( SAID )
All we need to do is move one of our big contracts and we can sign Pietrus, Ellis, Zarko and Taft. ..... Zarko does some useful stuff ... //////////////////// NO HE DOES'NT....... MAX---- HE'LL BE A 20 MIN / PER GAME STIFF ( with a little craftyness, albeit ) WHO WILL NEVER PLAY DEFENSE........ HE'S USELESS TO US ( besides whatever trade value he may warrant ). EVEN IF HE STARTED, HE'D STILL BE PLAYING NO MORE THAN 25-30/ NIGHT with %'s IN THE LOW, LOW 40's ( AND NO D, PERIOD..)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 am
Are'nt we going to offer him an extention anyways? That won't kick in after the 07/08 season anyways.....
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball