Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:59 am
tradedunleavy wrote:Pietrus will get a multi year deal this offseason and the W's will not be able to match it even if its only 5-7 million a year. We are already capped out.

... like 3 people have pointed out that his contract doesn't expire THIS offseason... read what people write before repeating yourself.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:44 pm
#32 wrote:
tradedunleavy wrote:Pietrus will get a multi year deal this offseason and the W's will not be able to match it even if its only 5-7 million a year. We are already capped out.

... like 3 people have pointed out that his contract doesn't expire THIS offseason... read what people write before repeating yourself.
I believe the options are 1, Accept a 1 year offer but be unrestricted 2008... 2, sign a before market long term extension with GSW like Murph / J Rich / Jr .. 3, Sign contract elsewhere that the GSW have the right to match... And for those that love $$ talk and haven't heard, Mullin has said on record that everything will be evaluated internally and Whatever needs to be done to improve this TEAM if Impact full, will be done and the GSW would be willing to go over the cap and pay luxury tax if necessary :D {enter Isiah Thomas reference} Then watch as KG becomes a NY KNICK unless of course Mullie Trumps him and turns a Warrior into a Warrior :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:29 pm
i wont mind loosing him as long as we get something in return. And please, no more project imports!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:49 pm
good let him go he ****ing sucks dunleavy is better then him
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:41 pm
O.G. broe wrote:I believe the options are 1, Accept a 1 year offer but be unrestricted 2008... 2, sign a before market long term extension with GSW like Murph / J Rich / Jr .. 3, Sign contract elsewhere that the GSW have the right to match.

Pretty sure that's right

O.G. broe wrote:watch as KG becomes a NY KNICK unless of course Mullie Trumps him and turns a Warrior into a Warrior :mrgreen:

YES - KG to the Warriors! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:02 am
O.G. broe wrote:I believe the options are 1, Accept a 1 year offer but be unrestricted 2008... 2, sign a before market long term extension with GSW like Murph / J Rich / Jr .. 3, Sign contract elsewhere that the GSW have the right to match...

Yep, you're right, those are the option.

Just one thing to point. If he signs the qualifying offer (the one year contract to stay with us til 2008), he'll have veto rights to any trade during that season.

That's why I think that, unless we sign him to a long term contract, he'll be traded before that point.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:36 am
O.G. broe wrote:And for those that love $$ talk and haven't heard, Mullin has said on record that everything will be evaluated internally and Whatever needs to be done to improve this TEAM if Impact full, will be done and the GSW would be willing to go over the cap and pay luxury tax if necessary :D

This is the biggest part of your statement. People need to hear this. I've been trying to say this for days now; going over the cap is NOT going to be a problem! If Pietrus is going to be the type of player that will make an impact (something Mullin 99% probably believes), than he'll be resigned no matter what.

Mullin has improved the Warriors ten-fold thus far from where we were. Cohan seems to be 100% behind him. That means, our owner's pockets are deep to no end. Biedrins and Pietrus can be resigned without question.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:16 pm
#32 wrote:Biedrins and Pietrus can be resigned without question.

No. What happens it ain't about the money?. What happens if Pietrus wants to start at sg?... I don't think matching (like we did with Marc Jackson) would be a good move then.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:55 pm
Think about the bright side. We always have

to look at every day.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:02 pm
tkono wrote:Think about the bright side. We always have

to look at every day.

Tim
:badgrin:
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:07 pm
TMC wrote:What happens it ain't about the money?. What happens if Pietrus wants to start at sg?... I don't think matching (like we did with Marc Jackson) would be a good move then.

He's currently starting at small forward and running the same rotations that he would at shooting guard. Minutes aren't a factor anymore. If you think time will be the issue, I doubt it if he remains a starter. The only reason I can see Pietrus leaving us would be to go to a team with no stars (ie, wanting to be a big fish in a little pond). He's starting for Golden State (and we have young talent capable of winning in the future). Winning, money, and time aren't problems in future games. The only reason he'd bolt would be for exposure (at which point, I'd say let him walk. At the moment, he's the SG version of Al Harrington; average talent demanding starting time over proven stars. Not worth it).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:25 am
I wouldn't give him Al Harrington yet either, He's more of a less developed Stephen Jackson haha, but if pietrus decides to bolt, I wouldnt be too worried. I would just rather keep the money for Ike and Biendrins, but thats just me. And Mullin will go over the cap to keep Pietrus if he feels that Pietrus is vital for our playoff chances in the future.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:54 am
#32 wrote:The only reason I can see Pietrus leaving us would be to go to a team with no stars (ie, wanting to be a big fish in a little pond). He's starting for Golden State (and we have young talent capable of winning in the future). Winning, money, and time aren't problems in future games. The only reason he'd bolt would be for exposure (at which point, I'd say let him walk. At the moment, he's the SG version of Al Harrington; average talent demanding starting time over proven stars. Not worth it).

That was exactly what I was thinking... I've got a bad feeling about this. I'm not sure he will want to stay as "just a starter".
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:58 am
tkono wrote:Think about the bright side. We always have

to look at every day.

Tim

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The clown always gives some sort of perfomance :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:05 am
TMC wrote:That was exactly what I was thinking... I've got a bad feeling about this. I'm not sure he will want to stay as "just a starter".

Than I say let him leave! The last thing we need here in the Bay is to resign another underachieve for too much cash! When Pietrus' game proves itself at the level where signing him to big money (as well as guarenteeing a starting job) is the obvious choice, than do it. Until then, stop gambling with our money. We're overpaying 2 players right now (Dunleavy and Foyle). It should stop there.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball