Hey Mullin, forget Montgomery! BRING ON RICK BARRY!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Montogomery will be back next season?

Poll ended at Sat May 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes : 7

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:12 pm
Heard on KNBR Radnich show on thursday that Montromery's failed tenure and lack of respect from his player should leave after this season to the University of Cincinnati Bearcats . He mention about how Mike Montogmery would walk into the Warriors locker room and if Baron Davis sees him he would not care and tell him to move away to check- out Adonal Foyle naked butt. But, at Stanford, when he walks in, all the player show there respect for the legendary coach. Well fans, he is not the answer. He has no control of this team and I am not sure who would want to coach this team.
This team need a coach who can light a fire under the player asses and demands the best for them and knows how the game is played. That answer is RICK BARRY! The sad fact with the Warriors is there mentality to just PLAY and NOT WIN in the NBA. There inconsisitnetly on offense from free throw shooting, firing unneccessary 3 pointers, absent low-post game, poor percentage in shooting and a defense that can't box out, gets out rebounded, has no idea of winning together.

There is no success with Montgomery, his last name sounds more like Must go away! Bring on Rick Barry.
Last edited by rtoy06 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:38 pm
Other than coaching in the CBA and working as color analyst (and getting fired for making insensitive and racist remarks to Bill Russell), what makes Rick Barry more qualified than Monty to coach this team?

I am not opposed to Rick Barry coaching the Warriors, however, I would rather see a master plan laid out to us fans by the front office and then bringing in the best coach and players to implement this plan. If Rick Barry is that guy, then by all means, the Warriors should bring him in.

Also, why is Rick Barry black-balled by the whole NBA?

With a better front line, this team should be able to compete; however, with its current make up, it is doomed.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:32 pm
no no no

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:32 pm
Did he really make those racist comments? I knew he had problems in th CBA. On racisim, He is on KNBR with Rod Brooks! He was coach by Al "Destroyer" Attles.

Rick won an NBA championship, had a succesfull NBA career, hall of famer and Monty has neither, other than bringing fans out from Palo Alto (Stanford Alumni) to the arena filling up the seats.
Does any fan think he got the respect in the locker room? What has he done in the NBA -not a thing! What other recent college coach had success in the NBA?

Did the Warrirors learn their lessons from PJ Carlesimo!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:13 pm
Rick Barry is not Racist :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:50 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Rick Barry is not Racist :!:

Nobody said that Rick Barry is a racist, only that he had lost his job as a color commentator for making racist comments. Please try to read a whole thread before making your juvenile coments.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/article/S ... _Wild/434/

Read F4: http://flakmag.com/sports/cook040614.html

Coaching record: In the early 1990s Barry resurfaced as a minor league coach. He began in the Global Basketball Association, then moved on to the CBA's Fort Wayne Fury, who went 19-37 in 1993-94.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:30 pm
why settle for barry, get nelson!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:52 pm
Hey slotempo I just made a statement based on my opinion :!: where did I say you said he is a Racist :?: you should take your own advice :!: And to answer your question one of the reasons why Rick has not got a job in the NBA is people and the media always bring up negative sh*t instead of the good :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:09 pm
DJ wrote:why settle for barry, get nelson!

as in "Don Nelson?"

I would think that John Macleod would be a better coach than Don Nelson. He, Macleod, actually has taken a team to the NBA finals.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:54 pm
If an experienced coach is needed, a guy like Rudy Tomjanovich would be ideal with the Warriors. He preaches defense and demands respect, as well as gets along with the players. He could change this team into a champion over night. What he did with the Rockets some 15 years ago was amazing - Olajuwon became a real superstar and the Rockets were at the top or near it for over 5 years, most teams haven't done that, except the Spurs right now.

Mario Ellie should really be given a try, he could really be the coach for the future and be here for over 5 years, if things go well!

AND ABOUT BARON DAVIS - If this guy has a bad attitude, treating the coach like shiit and not being a proper, moral leader, setting a proper and good example - TRADE HIS ARSE! Really is awful if a so called star thinks he is better than the team and makes it like things should revolve around him. That is just arrogant!
Send the prik along with Murphy to the Celtics for Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Gerald Green and a future 1st round pick - If the attitude continues!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:09 pm
hey guys, ive been reading this forum for some time now and i think its time for me to join. so this is my first post.

i agree that something has to be done with baron davis. im in favor of trading him. this gives space for monta to grow and perhaps we can draft someone like marcus williams from uconn. this also frees up cap space to resign all the young guys. i hate to see ex-warriors become great somewhere either because of money issues or we just didnt believe in them like larry hughes and gilbert arenas.

my wish would be to trade baron, fisher, zarko to minnesota for garnett and mccants. altho it prolly wont happen i would love to see it.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 pm
what? wrote:hey guys, ive been reading this forum for some time now and i think its time for me to join. so this is my first post.

i agree that something has to be done with baron davis. im in favor of trading him. this gives space for monta to grow and perhaps we can draft someone like marcus williams from uconn. this also frees up cap space to resign all the young guys. i hate to see ex-warriors become great somewhere either because of money issues or we just didnt believe in them like larry hughes and gilbert arenas.

my wish would be to trade baron, fisher, zarko to minnesota for garnett and mccants. altho it prolly wont happen i would love to see it.
uhh What :?: Welcome... But you contradict yourself by saying you hate to see ex Warriors Ball elsewhere ,then say get rid of Baron :scratch:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:11 pm
baron hasnt been around long enough to be considered a true warrior. he meant home-grown talent.

duuuuuuuuuur.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:41 pm
migya wrote:If an experienced coach is needed, a guy like Rudy Tomjanovich would be ideal with the Warriors. He preaches defense and demands respect, as well as gets along with the players. He could change this team into a champion over night. What he did with the Rockets some 15 years ago was amazing - Olajuwon became a real superstar and the Rockets were at the top or near it for over 5 years, most teams haven't done that, except the Spurs right now.

Mario Ellie should really be given a try, he could really be the coach for the future and be here for over 5 years, if things go well!

AND ABOUT BARON DAVIS - If this guy has a bad attitude, treating the coach like shiit and not being a proper, moral leader, setting a proper and good example - TRADE HIS ARSE! Really is awful if a so called star thinks he is better than the team and makes it like things should revolve around him. That is just arrogant!
Send the prik along with Murphy to the Celtics for Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Gerald Green and a future 1st round pick - If the attitude continues!
NO on Rudy T, although a great coach he only lasted what 1/2 a season with the Lakers from stress :!: And here we go with operation RunBaronOuttatown talk , I guess now everything will be blown out of proportion #-o OK I will save alot of people some Time and energy ... Trade everybody,Fire all Coaches and Mullin,Higgins,Cohan,Thunder, Just Blow up the whole Franchise and Rebuild then B*tch about Rebuilding and not trying to win the Championship instead of first making the playoffs :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:09 am
O.G. broe wrote:I guess now everything will be blown out of proportion #-o OK I will save alot of people some Time and energy ... Trade everybody,Fire all Coaches and Mullin,Higgins,Cohan,Thunder

No. That's getting too far. If we want to have a contender in the near future, we have to keep Thunder. He's the biggest asset of this franchise. Don't ever mention again that we should trade his ass. He's the soul of the team. :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball