Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes : 17

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:49 am
Well looks like Pietrus will be the next ex-Warrior to go BIG somewhere else, some things never change. Great thing is we will be stuck starting Dunleavy the next few years at small forward.

Orlando will sign pietrus this offseason and pair him with Nelson, bring over Vasquez start Howard at Center and have a better record than us next season unless mullin does something BIG this offseason. Nobody wants Foyle or Dunleavy so were stuck with those contracts till they expire. Fish is gonna be hard to move as well as Murphy. So were stuck with 4 main guys who dont fit well with our almost All-Stars (BD n JRich).

If we go into next year with this same roster and Monty as coach, Ill be the first to start the fire Mullin petition. Warrior Legend or not. Season is the biggest dissapointment in Warrior Land for a long time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 am
I'm not sure we'll lose Pietrus this season. He's a restricted free agent. I think he'll sign the one-year tender (unless he gets a really big offer), so we would lose him by next year...

And I don't think he'll resign long-term with us unless we move J-Rich. He is a sg, and he wants to play there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:39 am
tradedunleavy wrote:Well looks like Pietrus will be the next ex-Warrior to go BIG somewhere else, some things never change. Great thing is we will be stuck starting Dunleavy the next few years at small forward.

Orlando will sign pietrus this offseason and pair him with Nelson, bring over Vasquez start Howard at Center and have a better record than us next season unless mullin does something BIG this offseason. Nobody wants Foyle or Dunleavy so were stuck with those contracts till they expire. Fish is gonna be hard to move as well as Murphy. So were stuck with 4 main guys who dont fit well with our almost All-Stars (BD n JRich).

If we go into next year with this same roster and Monty as coach, Ill be the first to start the fire Mullin petition. Warrior Legend or not. Season is the biggest dissapointment in Warrior Land for a long time.

You've said it right! :D

Diogu will probably end up leaving also

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:43 am
TMC wrote:I'm not sure we'll lose Pietrus this season. He's a restricted free agent. I think he'll sign the one-year tender (unless he gets a really big offer), so we would lose him by next year...

And I don't think he'll resign long-term with us unless we move J-Rich. He is a sg, and he wants to play there.

Either way, Pietrus will be offered more money and a starting position at either SG or SF somewhere else, maybe the TWolves if KG doesn't go and it will be one of the biggest losses for a long time!

If Pietrus is allowed continue getting the court time and plays as well as he is, he will want to stay here and will be alright with being the SF

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:12 am
Pietrius is signed until 2008 , Mullin would either resign him or trade him for value , either way Pietrus is a big part of the future and valueable :!: Warriors have Ike under contract untill 2009 and he wont be going anywhere {see Artest in Sac} for proof unless a NO Brainer Block buster deal presents itself :!:
Last edited by O.G. Broe on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:19 am
O.G. broe wrote:Pietrius is signed until 2008

Pietrus is only signed til 2007. The extra year is the qualifying offer of any restricted free agent. His contract runs out next season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:34 am
So we have his rights untill 2008 correct :?:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 am
No, he becomes a free agent at the end of the 2006-2007 season, and then he'll be able to sign with us for one year, or sign an offer with any other team (for any amount of time), that we'll have the right to match.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 am
yeah vasquez is not going to orlando.... and doesnt pietris have one more year left on his rookie contract? yeah i dont think all the teams are ready to throw as bunch of money at pietris.... im not sure all the gms overate air france like they do on this board.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm
Pietrus will be a Warrior until 2007... "this offseason" makes no sense in your poll.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:15 pm
TMC wrote:I'm not sure we'll lose Pietrus this season. He's a restricted free agent. I think he'll sign the one-year tender (unless he gets a really big offer), so we would lose him by next year...

Pietrus will get a multi year deal this offseason and the W's will not be able to match it even if its only 5-7 million a year. We are already capped out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:33 pm
He won't get a new deal this offseason. He's under contract for the next season.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:00 pm
We might lose him, but to be honest i don't really care. I rather focus on keeping diogu, because i see Ike as the one becoming a big time player a couple years from now. I don't see that coming from pietrus. He can leave or stay, but the focus should be on Ike not pietrus
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:17 pm
kfresh wrote:We might lose him, but to be honest i don't really care. I rather focus on keeping diogu, because i see Ike as the one becoming a big time player a couple years from now. I don't see that coming from pietrus. He can leave or stay, but the focus should be on Ike not pietrus

The focus should be on both of them but since the SF spot is the weakest, Pietrus is the most important right now. Until the situation at PF is figured out it will be difficult for Diogu to have a shot

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:59 am
Call it a hunch, but I'm sure Pietrus (and maybe Murph too) will be traded next offseason or during next season...
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball