Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry appreciation post.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Without these two we will not be where we are. It's a collective effort, but these two are big for us when they come off the bench.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 am
Carl Landry = 6th man of the year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:35 am
Both have been great and the team definately wouldn't have won as much this season so far as the have. Jack is out of contract after this season and might get a starting PG spot from another team and Landry has a player option, which right now he'd likely take and get offered more money from another team. This offseason will be huge, because the FO will have to keep both of them and to do likely will have to get rid of AB and RJ, who both only have one more year left on their contracts after this season.

Really could be the transition to being a longterm playoff team.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am
This was kind of good interview... more of what we have seen all year long:
http://hoopshype.com/videos/videos/jarret-jack-winning-kills-all-evils

Everyone is playing for each other, no personal agendas... sounds good to me.
Hopefully we can bring him back next year, I know we are over the lux but I think we can still offer him 3.5million with the new bargaining agreement.
He and Jenkins are the only 2 contracts that expire, but maybe we can move Beans' contract or RJ's to clear some room.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 am
Another good article:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-carl-landry-seeks-long-term-home/
Golden State Warriors power forward Carl Landry is arguably one of the most underrated frontcourt talents in the game today. Despite having a starting lineup caliber skillset, Landry has only started 63 contests out of over 330 regular season appearances since entering the league in 2007.

While Landry continues to provide consistent on court production, over the course of his six year career he has played for four different franchises in Houston, Sacramento and New Orleans before signing a two-year $8 million deal with the Golden State Warriors this past offseason.

Landry, who holds a player option for the 2014 season, is hoping his latest stop in Golden State will be the last in his career journey, for a long while.

“Golden State has been more than good to me so far and that’s an understatement,” Landry told HOOPSWORLD. “I’m really excited to be here. I signed a two-year deal and hopefully I can be here for a very long time.”

For his career, Landry has averaged 12.2 points and five rebounds per game on 54 percent shooting from the floor (78 percent from the free throw line). For his career as a starter, Landry has averaged 16.2 points and 6.3 rebounds. On a Per 36 minute basis, Landry has even stronger career averages of 17.6 points and seven rebounds.

But despite producing at a higher level than most starters at his position, if given the minutes, Landry has yet to receive a lucrative long term offer. After the lockout ended in 2011 Landry inked a one-year $8.5 million deal with the Hornets before inking the two-year deal with the Warriors this past summer.

Its clear Landry is seeking the security of a long term deal whenever he hits the free agent market again, whether it is after this season or the summer of 2014.

“I think every player wants some type of security,” Landry said referring to his desire to settle in with one team. “I’ve been fortunate enough to be in the league for six years and I’m very blessed to have an opportunity to do so.”

Landry says he’s having the most fun of his career in Golden State up until this point and credits the chemistry in the Warriors’ locker room. It is a situation where he’d like to be long term but will the numbers tie out financially?

The Warriors currently have $75 million in salary commitments for the 2014 season, likely placing them in luxury tax territory. Richard Jefferson ($11m), Brandon Rush ($4m) and Landry ($4m) all have player options at the end of this season they can decline or exercise, while Andris Biedrins ($9m) has an early termination option as well. The contracts for Jeremy Tyler ($884k) and Kent Bazemore ($789k) are non-guaranteed for next season.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-carl-l ... Af7vprG.99

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens at trade deadline and next offseason

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:29 pm
Needless to say that the front office has done in ASTOUNDING job this offseason. All of our rookies this and last year with an exception to Tyler has contributed in one way or another. The depth form Jack and Landry has won us many games. The culture has changed here and we have Joe Lacob to thank. If I knew he'd read, I'd write him a sincere letter thanking him for what he has done for me personally.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:12 pm
On Wednesday night in Sac, before the pregame Jack was the lone player for either team walking up and down the side line taking pictures with the fans and signing autopgraphs. Thougt that was pretty cool of him. My brother got his jersey signed =)!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:08 pm
I think some team will offer Jack a starting role as PG and pay him at least 8 million a year. He has performed well for us this season so far. The team can't offer him more than 3.5 million a year it looks.

Landry is also likely going to be given a starting role as PF and at least 8 million a year from another team.

The only thing that will save the team from losing both and possibly falling back to being a fringe playoff team is if RJ and AB can be traded for contracts that expire after this season, which is unlikely. The only other thing is if one or both can be traded for talent, especially replacements for one or both Jack and Landry in case they do leave.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:03 pm
If Warriors make the playoffs this year that wouldn't change if Jack and Landry left this offseason.

However, we would be less good and Carl Landry at this point if they did the voting would be the sixth man of the year. He's been super efficient in his minutes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:40 am
Jack and Landry are integral to this team right now. No playoffs next season without them, unless Bogut is fully healthy, as well as everyone else and the ptoduction offensively can be replaced, which is difficult to see with the current roster. Barnes and Rush would have to big the big difference in such a situation.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 am
migya wrote:Jack and Landry are integral to this team right now. No playoffs next season without them, unless Bogut is fully healthy, as well as everyone else and the ptoduction offensively can be replaced, which is difficult to see with the current roster. Barnes and Rush would have to big the big difference in such a situation.

Nah, they are integral, but we'd probably make it next year without them.

Rush would be back and Bogut would likely play (I think)

Plus all the improvement from the younger players and a cheaper pick up in the offseason to efficiently plug the whole.

Return to Warriors Basketball