Hollinger Comments on Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm
Mike (California)

Is it just me or have Carl Landry and David Lee improved as defenders this season? I thought the Warriors would be much worse defensively with those two on the floor than it has been.
John Hollinger
(3:27 PM)

I'm as surprised as you are. Figured that lineup would be toast on a stick, but the W's have been pretty solid defensively. Instead it's their offense that's holding them back.

Andrew (SF)

Has Harrison Barnes done anything to change your 'he won't be a star' view?
John Hollinger
(3:17 PM)

Not really. That smash over Pekovic was awesome, don't get me wrong, but when I watch Barnes I still don't see the feel or ball skills that would translate into a scorer. His selling point is that he might shoot 40% on 3s and be a plus defender at the small forward spot.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 pm
Marc Stein has us at 14 in the power rankings too. God dammit, man imagine if we had Bogut at 100%.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am
Help me Jesus, this is the type of comment thats irks me, gets me aggravated especially the last comment by Hollinger. Harrison Barnes started the year a bit passive, yes, but he has turned it on of late with the ability to drive and also his jumper has been decent. He just has to put it all together in order to reach his potential. I am happy with his progress so **** Hollinger.

The critics **** them all. I mean there is such a thing as constructive critisism, but must of this losers are haters who have probably stuck on the warriors in the past. They refuse to see the overall culture change that is really visible, created by the new management and players.

I try not to let these things get to me but sheesh it gets me boiling sometimes. No love for the warriors still, i say **** em.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 am
I personally don't see Barnes being a all-star let alone a superstar. I hope I'm wrong though.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:57 pm
8th ave wrote:I personally don't see Barnes being a all-star let alone a superstar. I hope I'm wrong though.

I see him being a player like Rudy Gay or Andre Igoudala. Not that he is the same type, cause obviously they don't have the exact same skillset, but in the same category talent-wise. I think he can become an all-star 1 or 2 years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm
I think Barnes has the body and skills already to be like a Glen Rice with better drive to the basket skills and defense. He should put on ten poinds to his already well built frame and just gain a bit more speed and allround athleticism. He is a great fit with the others in the starting five and roster. I'm really happy how things went in getting him.

I'll call it that I think he'll be a top 10 SF within two years.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball