How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm
Still not upset about the trade. We are a better team now because of the trade than we would be if we didn't do the trade.

All Star
Posts: 2806
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Still not upset about the trade. We are a better team now because of the trade than we would be if we didn't do the trade.


How are the Warriors a better team now because of the trade? Please explain.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm
Oh, well...at least Ezeli will get more chance to develop. Though, he needs to do it real fast.
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:47 pm
uptempo wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Still not upset about the trade. We are a better team now because of the trade than we would be if we didn't do the trade.


How are the Warriors a better team now because of the trade? Please explain.



The trade resulted in Festus, Barnes, Jefferson, and the positive development of Klay.

Without the trade we don't have Festus, Barnes, Jefferson, and a better player than Monta coming off the bench. I like Monta as a person and for the 06-07, 07-08 seasons. But when it is all said and done it's a damned good thing we moved him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Still not upset about the trade. We are a better team now because of the trade than we would be if we didn't do the trade.


How are the Warriors a better team now because of the trade? Please explain.



The trade resulted in Festus, Barnes, Jefferson, and the positive development of Klay.

Without the trade we don't have Festus, Barnes, Jefferson, and a better player than Monta coming off the bench. I like Monta as a person and for the 06-07, 07-08 seasons. But when it is all said and done it's a damned good thing we moved him.

I understand and I agree that it was right to move Ellis.

But to just save grace on the fact that we moved him isn't enough. He's a tradable asset... And the year before, would have netted us Mayo and Thabeet (both of whom are having resurgent seasons). Dealing Ellis for damaged goods is a loss, regardless of the positives that go with him not diseasing the chemistry. If Bogut can recover and play through the year by mid-January, you'll be right. If Bogut can't ever play 5 consecutive games again, we should have traded Monta for someone else. ANYONE else. Robin Lopez and a friggin TE is better than a former all-star who can't play anymore.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 pm
Mayo is doing good in a system good for him, but he is not good for us. And Thabeet still sucks.

However, we almost got Ellis for Iggy which would have been pretty dope.

Curry
Klay
Iggy
Lee
Biedrens?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 pm
Thabeet's shooting 80% this season (and 83% on his FTs). His Per40 stats are 12.0 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 1.8 steals. Biedrins' line, to compare, is 1.9 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.9 blocks, 1.9 steals. And I don't need to tell you how he's shooting.

OJ Mayo doesn't need me to validate his season, "system" or not. He's going off.

Its a moot debate either way if Bogut can't play.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm
Sample size, 32.

80 percent is not sustainable, like at all.

Highest shooting percentage is Chandler at .700 and that's because he only takes shots he knows he will make.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm
I'm not denying that. It's only been 15 games.

But does that mean what they've given their teams is not worth more than what Bogut has given the Warriors so far? Even if they both landed on an ankle and didn't play until 2013, they'd still contribute more in 2012 to their team's success than Andrew Bogut will.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm
The trade was more than just Bogut. So I am okay with that.

We got a potential franchise player and Festus out of this.


And a ton of cap space in 2014-2015

Andris, Bogut, and Jefferson will all come off that year. That's dope as ****.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 am
I'd say the SA pick that became Ezeli cancels out since we gave up Udoh. Jefferson is a wash.

That makes the deal, essentially, Ellis for Bogut. And while it was nice to lose enough games to secure the Barnes pick, I still believe the Warrios could have traded Ellis for a better get than a perennially injured center.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 am
I like Ezeli more than I like Udoh.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 am
Ezeli has a higher ceiling than Udoh.

Getting Barnes, a by product of this trade makes it worth it.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 am
I like Ezeli more than Udoh as well, but I think we all do. Udoh was a one dimensional player, he was a defender, heck, that wasn't even amazing, he was a shot blocker. He had a few good games on offense, but that happens when you play 82 games a year (or 66, whatever).

Ezeli is, even though he played a game just for a short time, more complete player. His offense seems much better than Udoh's will ever be, and he is far better rebounder. I still remember when I was happy when Udoh grabbed at least 4 rebounds in a game...in that regard, he reminds me a lot of Brook Lopez.

And when it comes to that trade, I'm with 32 on this one. You can't say that we got a good deal when we gave away our best player at the moment, for a guy that barely managed to play 4 (not completely healthy) games for us in over a year. Monta is playing good basketball, and Milwaukee might go to the POs this year, and we are still guessing how good can Bogut be...not to mention that we are still discussing the possibility that he never again plays for the Warriors. As of now, I'd go for Mayo and Thabeet without giving it a second thought. Better to have two players that contribute in some ways, than have a one that supposedly would be an all-star player if he ever gets healthy.

And Blackfoot, you can't base the good side of the trade on the draft, cause there are no guarantees that we wouldn't have tanked if we got other players instead of Bogut as well. We might have got Harrison regardless of who we got for Monta.
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:21 am
We would have lost the pick to Utah, so I disagree, we would not have gotten Barnes.


I also disagree with Monta playing good ball. Bucks being in the playoff race doesn't say anything about the trade or the team, the East is just bad.

Klay is better than OJ Mayo, or at least his last year was better than Mayo's this year. They play the same position so I don't see how that would have worked. Thabeet is just horrible. No benefit in getting him at all. We already have a real tall player who is bad at playing basketball.

The only trade I would have liked to see happen outside the Bogut one was the Iggy-Ellis trade.


It's easy to look at the trade, It's Ellis-Bogut, so we lost. However, outside the vacuum of this, too many positive things happened as a byproduct of this trade for me to be against it. And if Bogut does comeback in a minimum three months we are set as a team.


Our current roster is better than an Ellis for OJ Mayo/Thabeet one.

Stephen Curry/Jarret Jack?
OJ Mayo/Klay Thompson
Brandon Rush/Dorell Wright?
David Lee/Landry
Andris Biedrens/Thabeet

There was no real viable option for center in free agency and andris would be starting.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron