Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2012-11-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 1189
» Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Golden State Warriors (5 - 5) @ Dallas Mavericks (6 - 5)

Start time: 5:30 PM PST @ American Airlines Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Kaman
PF - Elton Brand
SF - Shawn Marion
SG - O.J. Mayo
PG - Darren Collison
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 641
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 am
This should be a win for us. Our bench will give us the edge. What is the latest news on Jefferson's injury? Will he play?

All Star
Posts: 1352
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 am
Dallas is pretty good ad the fact this is a home game for them makes me worried. Our bench is not as deep as it used to be. Without Rush, Bogut, and Jefferson our bench is basically Jarret Jack and Carl Landry.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2442
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am
Blackfoot wrote:Dallas is pretty good ad the fact this is a home game for them makes me worried. Our bench is not as deep as it used to be. Without Rush, Bogut, and Jefferson our bench is basically Jarret Jack and Carl Landry.

You can add Draymond to that list, if he continues to play like last night.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am
Guybrush wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Dallas is pretty good ad the fact this is a home game for them makes me worried. Our bench is not as deep as it used to be. Without Rush, Bogut, and Jefferson our bench is basically Jarret Jack and Carl Landry.

You can add Draymond to that list, if he continues to play like last night.

Which he won't, but it'd be a great surprise if he does. :wink:

Bottom line is EBrand can't sniff David Lee on defense. Kaman can either handle Lee or Landry, but not both. Wright will block his share of shots off the bench, but he's still foul prone and Brand's legs have left him. The PF's should tag team us to a W here. If the Warriors get shot happy from outside, they'll let Dallas into the game, but from inside out it isn't close. Ezeli on Kaman is a good test for the youngster; we'll see if Jackson goes to him for more than 20 minutes tonight.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm
32 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Dallas is pretty good ad the fact this is a home game for them makes me worried. Our bench is not as deep as it used to be. Without Rush, Bogut, and Jefferson our bench is basically Jarret Jack and Carl Landry.

You can add Draymond to that list, if he continues to play like last night.

Which he won't, but it'd be a great surprise if he does. :wink:

Bottom line is EBrand can't sniff David Lee on defense. Kaman can either handle Lee or Landry, but not both. Wright will block his share of shots off the bench, but he's still foul prone and Brand's legs have left him. The PF's should tag team us to a W here. If the Warriors get shot happy from outside, they'll let Dallas into the game, but from inside out it isn't close. Ezeli on Kaman is a good test for the youngster; we'll see if Jackson goes to him for more than 20 minutes tonight.

good one, I just wanted to login and post that we have a huge pf advantage here and that dlee and landry should have a big game, but you beat me to it.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 28
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 pm
In the photos above Harrison Barnes' head looks like that scene in the movie 'Beetlejuice'.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 pm
OMG Klay just calm the fuk down and let your game come to you.... jesus....
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm
0-5 the first 6 minutes. I don't like what I've seen from Klay the last 3 or 4 games...

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 pm
will there be any basketball today?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm
I'm cringing everytime Thompson shoots. Ezeli playing great. He's been really good for us.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm
curry tweaks ankle
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm
If we lose tonight, Klay single handedly loss us 2 games in this very young season.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 pm
hilarious win. curry going against mayo, one for one. and finally curry rolling with ezeli, wtf lee? where's your pick and roll savy?
barnes, as usual, cold blooded murderer

overall, curry, barnes, ezeli and green netted this win.

i put thompson and lee under underachieving warrior's so far.

yeah i know lee got 19 rebounds

i just expected him to be much bigger force on offense today
Last edited by martin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm
1, anyone who didn't want to give Curry his money this offseason: watch this game from the 4th quarter on. Curry single-handedly delivered a W for Golden State.

2, Lee delivered against his subpar front court competition. 17 and 19, despite an off-shooting night. Having Lee is truly a luxury that we can appreciate with Bogut out and Landry struggling.

3, again, THE HARRISON BARNES FAN CLUB is taking memberships. Anybody who wanted Drummond or Kendall Marshall or Tyler Zeller or any other scrub taken after #40 can official repent right here, right now. At this rate, Barnes looks like he may throw his name into some ROY talks. Won't win it, but he could be Top 3 if he's putting up 15 and 8 from here on out.

4, Klay Thompson, until further notice, is a waste of minutes. Until Klay can stroke it regularly again, he needs to only see 20-25 minutes, max. To pound my chest once again on off-season banter, I'd like to reiterate that I battled several of you guys who claimed you wouldn't deal Thompson for Iggy straight up. How's that working out so far?

5, Festus. F'n. Ezeli! Give this fool more minutes, pronto!

6, my bad, Draymond. I cut him down at the knees before the game, but damn this dude is looking solid the past 2 nights. Here's hoping he keeps it coming... I pray he doesn't get shot-happy, though.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests